Gryffindor Practice I

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin walked out onto the pitch with his Scarlet Streak, Beater's Bat, and an equipment bag loaded with a variety of surprises for the first Gryffindor Quidditch Team in school history. Bruin was proud to be Captain of the team and knew from try-outs that they had an impressive group of flyers. It was now time to bring the group together and figure out how to play together as a cohesive unit. Bruin gazed upwards at the late summer sky and felt the warmth of the sun's rays. It was a great day for Quidditch, he thought to himself as he waited for the others to arrive.

Alex limped down to the pitch with his scarlet strak over his shoulder. He spotted Bruin, and made his way over to him. "So, hows the team look this year? I didn't get a chance to see all o the tryouts. How far do you think we'll go?" Alex was just tying to start a conversation on quidditch until the rest of the team got there. He knew the answer to the last question that he asked, he just wanted to see the enthusiasim that the captin would put in the answer.

Alex licked one finger and stuck it into the air to get a feel for the wind. He was kind of nervous about the first practice, but that was to be understood. After all, he hadn't really played in a while. Still, the team seemed great, and he felt fine.

Hilary snuck up behind Bruin unnoticed by Alex but hearing his comment. All she held was her new *hold's everything* backpack which she had put all she needed in that morning before breakfast. She hid entirely behind Bruin and just poked her head over his shoulder. "We'll go all the way to the cup!!" she said with a huge smile as she walked around her new captain to join the now triangle. "And the team looks fabulous, I watched the tryouts."

Bruin was a little surprised by Hilary's rather stealthy arrival, but tried not to let her know how close she had come to being whacked with his Beater's bat, barely able to control his natural instinct to strike first and ask questions later. Bruin smiled at her comment. "Yeah, I tend to agree with Hilary. We look strong at every position, except maybe Keeper..." he said with a quick wink at Alex, having not completely paid him back for all of the teasing in the common room at the house party.

"I think we'll just go over some basics today, get used to each other's styles and then maybe talk about some set plays and formations at our next practice. Hufflepuff is interested in a scrimmage game sometime soon as well...." Bruin said, just kind of throwing things out there.

Alex laughed at the little keeper joke. "Well if Hilary can sneak up on the goals like that, we may have something here."

Frances strolled onto the Quidditch Pitch, clutching he Scarlet Streak in one hand, her heart racing. She was relieved to have made it on the team, but nervous all the same. Taking the pitch into full view, she spotted three people gathered on the pitch before her. Making her way over, she recognised one of them as their team captain, but the other two's faces were unknown to her. "Hey, I'm Frances," she said as she stopped next to the only other girl present at the moment.

Sam jogged onto the pitch still not believing his luck in getting into the team. In his hand was his borrowed broom which he planned to use untill hed saved up for his scarlet streak. He saw some people on the pitch and he walked up to them to say hi. He noticed one of them to be the shopkeeper at one of the stores. "Hiya" he called to the shopkeeper "Im here for the practise thing". He leant the school broom on his chest and stood facing the people there. He noticed his friend there "Hey Ange" He waved..

Mark entered the quidditch pitch through the gate. He was already wearing his quidditch gear and had his broom, the firebolt in his hand. Mark knew no one on the pitch so he felt a little shy but decided to introduce himself. Once he was infront of everyone, all his team members he said, ' Hello there I am Mark, Mark Spectre and I am a chaser.' Mark glanced at everyone nervously as he had never played qudditch with a team other than the try outs.

Kiera walked on the pitch to find everyone else was already here. She saw Alex Bruin and Hilary talking and made her way over to them. "Hey guys" she said brightly. "So Sarge what do you have planned for us today?" she said in a joking manner.

Hilary smiled over at Alex. "Well maybe if you meant SNITCH then it would be right, I plan on doing it every-time..... well maybe a little better than I did in my tryout.... the only seeker wanna be who didn't actually catch the snitch :p." she gave a smile at the rest of her teammates as they entered onto the pitch. "Well I actually think that our weakest position is third chaser..... what do we plan on doing to fix our dilemma? I mean we're already down a member and the season has barely started." She made mental notes on those surrounding her. Some didn't own their own brooms yet and some looked rather like they hadn't played Quidditch before. Then she remembered that to an up trained eye it would look like she had only brought a backpack.

Alex laughed a little. "I'm the keeper. Allow me to reintroduce you to the other chaser, Mark."

Bruin laughed a little to himself, not realizing that many of his teammates hadn't met each other yet. He was at a bit of an advantage having watched the try-outs and being familiar with at least the names and positions of all present. "Alright everyone. Thanks for showing up to practice on such short notice and for the great job you did at try-outs. For those of you who I haven't met previously, I'm Bruin Dumbledez, I play Beater and I'm really excited to be the Captain of the team, although from this point on I would like you to know that everyone's voice has equal weight when it comes to team decisions." Bruin said sincerely.

"I was the Captain of Opaleye Assault, one of the club teams on campus last year, and learned a fair bit about what works in practices and what doesn't, but I am more than willing to listen to any suggestions that you might have. Hilary and I have precisely one official game under our belts, so we are all pretty new to the sport, so don't be nervous. I was kind of hoping to just get used to flying together today, keeping it simple, learning each others names and that kind of stuff. I can give instructions once were airborne. Does that sound okay to everyone?" Bruin looked around the circle as he mounted his broom.

Hilary looked around....wow I'm way out of the loop, there are so 7 people present... woops. Hilary just smiled at Bruin when he mentioned her name and then to show her support for her new captain pulled her streak out of her bag and got onto it. She left the rest of her stuff down in her backpack if needed including her quidditch gear, snitch, bludger and beaters bat.

She kicked off the ground and hovered a bit, about 4 feet up from the pitch, to await further instructions as well as to leave Bruin to lead not wanting to seem like she was taking over. "Come on guys :), let's make the lion proud." she was not sure if that had made ANY sense but thought it sounded supportive.

Sam listened to the captains speech and slung over his broom and kicked off the grass. He hovered near the girl known as Hilary and planned to follow her around as he was feeling a bit left out due to his borrowed broom. He looked at the girls broom and stared at it in awe.ill get mine soon dont worry He thought to himself. He then just waited for the captains instructions.

"Alright folks, warm up lap of the pitch. Follow the leader style. When you've had enough of leading, call Switch! and the person who is second in line can become the new leader and you can switch off to the end of the line. Hilary, seeing as you seem ready to go, why don't you lead first. Take it easy though, this is just the warm-up." he said teasingly, knowing that Hilary was a bit of a daredevil.

Hilary smiled and stuck her tongue out at Bruin :p. "Easy. What's easy again? OH, It Easy, our new team member.....sure I'll take him. Where am I supposed to be taking him again?" she said still with a smile on her face. "Okay, I get it, let's get our nice Gryffindor buns on our range of gorgeous brooms and fly around." She waited about 10 more seconds before she turned her broom around and started flying at a rather quick speed down the side of the pitch turning left then right.

Bruin laughed at Hilary's quirky sense of humour and then quickly fell into line behind her, figuring that he wouldn't follow too closely and then lead when she had enough. Bruin accelerated and then swerved left and right, following Hilary's lead, giving an occasional check over his shoulder to see how the others were managing behind.

Alex jumped on to his broom, and sped forward, right behind Kiera. He just kept to the track they laid out.

((I'm going to assume that everyone is following me now......so if you aren't yet, pretend you were)))

When Hilary reached the end of the pitch she flew through the first two goal hoops but by the third she was getting a little bored and so she kicked her broom forward under the hoop and dived through to land on her broom. After she had regained her balanced she turned around and stopped, hovering to see how everyone would interpret what she just did.

Frances was flying right behind Alex, copying everything Hilary did, watching intently so as not to fall behind or miss a step. She watched Hilary as she flew through two of the goals, and then kicking her broom under the third, and jumped through it regaining her balance. Frances then cocked her head slightly as she passed through the first hoop and was onto the second, waiting to see what Bruin would do.

Bruin followed Hilary effortlessly around the pitch, the Scarlet Streak responding impressively to his steering as he sped through the first two hoops. When he saw Hilary leap through the third hoop he made a split decision to simply fly through it as well. Bruin didn't like to leave the comfort of his broom either voluntarily or involuntarily and didn't feel like having to head to the hospital wing for himself or an injured teammate this early in the season. By flying through the third, he hoped that the others would realize that they had a choice and would do whatever they felt comfortable with.

He pulled alongside Hilary and hovered as well. "Nice move, can't think of a reason to do it in a game as a Beater, but you Seekers are a different breed altogether."

Frances smiled as she she watched Bruin effortlessly fly through the hoop. Flying through the second hoop, she watched the next people in line interested in what they would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back