OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Professor King arrived early on the lawn to set up for the Gryffindor Pep rally. With waves of his wand he made banners he had lugged down with him levitate in mid air without the need of anyone to focus on them. He then summoned a podium for the front area, and coloured all of the grass either scarlet, or gold. Once he had completed all of this, he summoned chairs that he had seen in various regions of the castle so everyone would be somewhat comfortable. He then took a seat himself behind the Podium and waited for the students to arrive...

GryffindorBanner.jpg

Liz ran to the lawn, grinning. "Hello professor!" she popped a candy in her mouth, and her skin began to flash between scarlet and gold. Her clothing did the same, except in the opposite colors. Her hair twisted into braids, with a mix of scarlet and gold.

Sophia decided to head on down to the lawn a little early for the pep rally. She wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but she was excited about it.

"Hi, Professor King," she said shyly. "I love all the decorations."

"Wow, Liz, I love what you've done with yourself!" Sophia laughed as she took a seat.

"Gotta show my house spirit!" Liz laughed, and struck a pose. "Also! You should come to game night! Go on and visit the poster about it in the common room sometime! We need more game ideas."

"Hi Girls!" Professor King exclaimed, "I figured I might as well decorate the lawn a little...."

(((OOC: CLOSED - Only Gryffindor Posters!)))

Bruin was intent on helping Gryffindor to the House Cup this year. He was so glad to see Professor King and his fellow Gryffindor's excited about the coming year and showing their pride (no pun intended). He was wearing the first of his signature House T-Shirts, this one reading:

Just like lions...

Gryffindors have pride.
<i></i>

He walked over to where the other early arrivals had gathered and said "Hey guys...everything looks great!!!"

"I'll definitely have to check that out," Sophia laughed as she watched Liz roll on the grass. "Maybe you should be on the Griffindor pep squad, Liz!"

"Nice shirt Bruin," Sophia said as he walked up. "I've just heard about your boxer shorts. I'll have to make a trip down to the shop soon. Are you selling t-shirts now, too?"

Liz jumped up and ran around. "There's a Gryffindor pep squad?" she asked. "Whassat?"

She ran in circles around Sophia. Wow, I should have tested this candy a bit more. Making me a bit too hyper.

"There isn't one yet Liz, but there can be if you want..." Professor King remarked as he looked at his time piece, it would soon be about time to begin.

Liz grinned. "Okay! I can do cartwheels, and flips, and.... jumping jacks!!!!" she laughed and started doing cartwheels on the bright grass.

As Liz calmed down, the stragglers joined the rest of the house and everyone took their seats Professor King stood up and walked towards the podium. He then pointed his wand at himself and muttered something in audible to most of the listeners, his voice then boomed across them all, “Hello fellow Gryffindors!” he began with a wide smile on his face, “You all know who I am, so I will just begin, I want to welcome each and everyone of you here, and welcome all our first years to our wonderful house of GRYFFINDOR!” he exclaimed, purposely putting extra emphasis on the last word. As cheers burst out he quieted the crowd by raising a single hand, “We began in this school with the vision to become the dominant house, to make others envy us, and we made an amazing start, this year we will kick it up a notch, give it our all, THIS my friends, is the year of the LION!” he bellowed as he allowed for the cheering to continue for quite a while before he hushed the crowd once again, “Now, we welcome to the podium, the person who managed to earn us more house points then anyone else, Bruin Dumbledez!” Professor King began to clap as Bruin rose and walked towards the podium, he then took a seat behind it again.

Bruin turned to Sophia..."Yeah, I figured boxers are great, but more people should actually see the clever sayings...as soon as Mr. Bay gives me the okay, I'm going to start selling the T-Shirts...maybe even some house sweatshirts and stuff too!!!"

"Hey Liz, could you show a little more energy, this is a pep rally afterall!!!", Bruin joked, noting her rather hyper mood.

Bruin quieted down as soon as he heard Professor King step up to the podium and was a little surprised about how soon he was being asked to get up and say something. He trotted up the podium and waited for the cheers to die down a little.

"Uhhh, thanks professor...", Bruin managed to stammer as he looked out at the assembled group. Bruin had never really enjoyed speaking in front of large groups, preferring to engage in conversations and friendly banter as opposed to trying to deliver some motivational speech. He took a deep breath and decided to just speak from the heart.

"I, uh, just wanted to say how proud I am to be in our house. At this time last year I knew very little about the whole wizarding world and even less about what it meant to be a Gryffindor." Bruin paused for a moment, trying to keep himself from speaking too fast. "But this past year has been so amazing and what made it so great was this place and the things it has to offer.

Bruin thought about how to challenge the others to give their best and then continued. "I was raised to not take anything for granted and to always give your best...doing those two things will help you be successful here. Last year was a blur, but every night when I went to bed I took pride in the fact that I had done my best. If we all do that this year, there is no way that any of those other houses will be able to touch us. So, for my fellow second years...here's a challenge, let's outwork Ravenclaw by not taking days off...let's outsmart Slytherin by studying harder than ever and asking questions when we don't know the answers..., and let's out, uh, care Hufflepuff by helping the first years in the common room and on the grounds. For the first years, just do your best and come looking for help when you need it...Professor King and the second years will be there for you, I promise."

Bruin wanted to end his speech with something powerful, but nothing was coming immediately to mind, and then he recalled something he knew about lions. "Remember, a lot of cats are solitary animals, but the lions recognize that there is strength in working together...let's be LIONS this year!!!" Bruin pumped his hands in the air once and turned things back over to Professor King, whispering "How was that???" with a wink as he passed him.

"Just fine Bruin, just fine." Professor King remarked as Bruin passed him and he remained seated to let the crow cheer and what not.

"Great speech, Bruin." Sophia yelled. This pep rally was sure getting her excited.

"Liz, we need to think of a Griffindor cheer to yell at the pep rallys!"

Kiera turned to Sophia "Maybe this will help..I used to do it at our muggle pep rallies..." she said with a grin. She took a deep breath and concentrated on a focal point. She jumped into the air and rolled into a ball. Her body made 2 full rotations. ((standing double back tuck)) She stuck her landing with her head down. She flipped her head up with a huge grin on her face.

Bruin's mouth dropped open as he saw Kiera's flip. I ain't trying that without somebody helping me with a Levicorpus spell, Bruin thought to himself. "Nice, Kiera...that was awesome!!", he said.

Kiera laughed. "Im used to it...you see see the other tricks Ive got..." she said with a grin. "Its just because Ive taken gymnastic since I was 4... You get kinda good after that many years..." she said laughing again.

Liz nodded. "That's how I am with flying. Except flying isn't nearly as scary as that looked. It's a miracle you have your head intact."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back