Gryffindor Exhibition Game

Team: Scarlet Eagles
Position: Chaser

Kiera hovered in the air as she waited for everyone to line up in the right places. Once everyone was there, they started the game. She still had the Quaffle so she took off as soon as she could. She made sure to keep an eye on Grande as she looked for the opposing chasers. She started to make a plan in her head.

Action: None

Team: Golden Lions
Starting Location: NE

Kat saw that Kiera had the quaffle and was heading towards the Lions hoops. She leaned forward on her broom slightly to pick up some speed, slowly creeping up behind Kiera and gaining speed every second. She was hoping to be able to intercept the quaffle from Kiera if she went to score. "Heads up Andy!" Kat yelled at her team mate, making sure she was ready for whatever Kiera had up her sleeve.

Action: None

[ooc; alright then, i'll add the points]

Jolly saw Kiera holding the Quaffle and heading towards their side of the hoops. Along with Kat, she flew to the other side of Kiera. Jolly increased her speed and wondered what she should do next. They couldn't let the Eagles score first. Jolly glanced quickly at Andy who was guarding their hoops and made her decision. In one swift motion, she punched the quaffle, hoping against hope that it'd manage to break free of Kiera's arm and Kat would catch it.

Action: Trying to knock the quaffle from another player's grasp
Pts Taken: 10
Pts Remaining: 210
Finishing location: NW

[ooc; alright, slightly confused here. Jolly didn't exactly pass the quaffle...I don't need to take off points for that, do I?]

Jolly Cooper said:
[ooc; alright, slightly confused here. Jolly didn't exactly pass the quaffle...I don't need to take off points for that, do I?]
I'd suggest that you should say that you punched at the quaffle to knock it out of Kiera's hands, but you can't say for certain that you were able to. If Kiera was to RP passing the quaffle, then you could intercept it which would cost you 10 points for catching the quaffle I suppose.

Dislodging the quaffle like you are attemtping would be legal in the following situation.
Rule 5: The "Don't Leave us Hanging" Rule
No player is permitted to leave the game without giving up the quaffle by either passing it or shooting it. If a player does so, then any other player (opponent or teammate) is entitled to RP taking/stealing it from them after 30 minutes has elapsed between that players last post.

Kiera was surprised by Jolly as she attempted to hit the Quaffle out of Kiera's hands. Luckly Kiera used to play football with her brother and his friends. She knew how to hold onto a ball and not let anyone take it. Kiera playfully stuck her tounge out at Jolly. She suddenly sped up and out of the grasps of Jolly.

Action: Sticking her tounge out at Jolly

[ooc; thanks, Bruin]

"Shoot!" Jolly said when Kiera managed to hold on to the quaffle. She huffed lightly when Kiera stuck her tongue out at her but couldn't suppress a giggle. Signalling to Kat, Jolly sped after Kiera, hoping a bludger would come her way and she would drop the quaffle. Jolly would easily be able to catch it then.

Action: Following Kiera

Team: Golden... something
Position: Seeker
Starting location:NE

Hilary saw that Bruin was sort of dancing on his broom and totally missed seeing the snitch but still she flew to the West of the pitch seeking the snitch

Action taken: Changing quadrants and searching for the snitch
Points used: Zero
Remaining: 200
Finishing Location:NW

((Oh and I have a question about Quidditch points I think I brought up last term, For catching the snitch it supposedly costs a seeker 150 points.... but isn't that sort of insane? Is that still so or was it changed to 50 when the pointage was.... just wondering))

Position: Keeper
Starting Location: infront of hoop on NNW side of SA

Andy heard Kat calling to her and nodded watching Kiera's every move as she made her way closer to the scoring area. Andromeda flew to the centre hoop and hovered there for a moment. Kiera was steadly creeping closer. Andy's heart was in her mouth this was just way too exciting for words.

Action Taken: flew infront of centre hoop in the North SA
Pts Used: 0
Pts Remaining: 200
Finishing location: infront of centre hoop in the North of SA

Position: Beater
Starting Location: SE

Cyndi saw that her bludger missed Ellie, but since Kiera was getting dangerously close to their scoring area, Cyndi decided to take the chance and hit it back toward her side. Hopefully, she would be able to block Kiera before she scored. Cyndi smacked the bludger with her bat and watched it soar back North.

Action Taken: hitting the bludger and hoping to make something happen
Pts Used: 30
Pts Remaining: 160
Finishing location: NE, following the bludger

Team: Scarlett Eagles
Starting Location: SW

Ellie watched the game go on, then turned around and spotted the little golden snitch floating just a few cm away from her, so thats what Bruins waving about, she thought looking over at Bruin who was waving frantically on his broom.
Ellie sat foreard on her firebolt and flew towards it, it flew further and faster and ellie reached out her hands, but after blinking to get dirt out her eyes opened them to find it had dissapeared.
Sighing Ellie took to flying around, searching the skys for the little golden ball.

Action Taken: Tried to catch snitch
Points used: 0
Points reamining: 195
Finishing location: NW

Starting Location: NW

Mike saw the bludger zoom into the NE zone so Mike zoomed along, their he saw his target. He drew his bat back and swung as hard as he could. His target was Cyndi Weasley

Action Taken: Hitting the bludger Cyndi Weasley
Points used: 30
Points reamining: 170
Finishing location: NE

Kiera was speeding along when she realized a Bludger was heading towards her, not to mention Jolly was right on her tail. She was quickly formulating a plan in her mind as to what she was going to do. Then to Kiera's relief Mike intercepted the Bludger and hit it away from her. "Thanks Mike!" she called to him with a bright smile.

Now to lose Jolly. Kiera grinned and waved to Jolly. Then she suddenly barrel rolled away from Jolly before shooting upward. A first year wouldnt be prepared to follow that. She sped up and was going as fast as she possibly could. SHe entered the scoring area and prepared to make a shot.

Action:trying to lose jolly

Starting Location: centre hoop North SA

Andromeda watched as Kiera manuevered out of Jolly's reach and headed straight into the scoring zone. Andy waited ready to move whatever way she needed to. Her speed was good but would it be good enough against Kiera.

Action Taken: waiting for Kiera to score
Pts Remaining: 200
Finishing location: infront of centre hoop in North SA

Starting location:NW

Hilary chose to "Zag" across the field diagonally and hoped that it would bring her closer to where the snitch appeared.
Finishing Location:SE

Hilary Grace said:
((Oh and I have a question about Quidditch points I think I brought up last term, For catching the snitch it supposedly costs a seeker 150 points.... but isn't that sort of insane? Is that still so or was it changed to 50 when the pointage was.... just wondering))
It hasn't been changed officially, but I think something will be worked out before the season begins.

BTW I think the RP'ing of your game movements has been awesome. Sorry I couldn't be on much today. I'm going to need another week or so before I'm back to having more time to devote to the site.

Starting Location: NNE

Jolly was so sure she'd be able to intercept the quaffle but at the moment, Kiera decided to show a series of stunts. Jolly watched in surprise and mild disappointment as Kiera gave her the slip and barrelled away. "Crap!" Now it all depended on Andy. Jolly hoped she would block the quaffle. She knew she wouldn't be able to catch up with Kiera, so she merely increased her speed and hovered feet below Andy so that she'd be able to catch the quaffle at an opportunity.

Action Taken: flying ahead to hover feet below the goal hoops
Finishing location: somewhere between NNE and NSA

Starting location:SE

((I'm just going to pretend that Bruin's post was a game action, just so I can move :p ))

Hilary switch sides of the field attempting to confuse the other seeker with her strange flight pattern. She was of course stil scouring the air for the snitch.

Finishing Location:SW

Starting location: NW

" No probs " said Mike cheerfully to Keira, Mike saw Jolly was somewhere between NNW and NNE. Mike raised his bat ready to strike the oncoming beater THWACK Mike hit the bludger with tremendous power and watched the bludger fly to it's next target... Jolly

Action Taken: Hitting the bludger towards Jolly
Pts Used : 30
Pts Remaining: 140
Finishing location: somewhere between NNE and NNE

Cyndi saw that Mike had hit the bludger toward her teammate, Jolly. She had already been hit once and Cyndi did not want it to happen again so she raced to the NNE section of the pitch and decided to try and hit it toward Kiera again. Cyndi gave it a good swing and watched it soar toward the NSA. She was enjoying this.

Action Taken: Hitting the bludger towards Kiera...again
Pts Used : 30
Pts Remaining: 130
Finishing location: At the far end of the NNE area

Kiera grinned broadly as she approached Andy. She decided to distract her by talking to her. "Hey Andy! Hows it going? You excited about playing?" she asked cheerfully. She didnt know if it would work but she hoped so.

Kiera smiled mischeviously as she took a sudden dive to the left. She hoped Andy would follow her to the far left goal. Then she pulled back up and launched the Quaffle towards the far right hoop. She threw it with all her strength and force. She hurrled towards the hoop and waited to see if Andy could catch it. Kiera was confident it would make it. It wasnt fair to put a first year at the goal.

Action: Shooting the Quaffle and distracting Andy

Position: Chaer

Amy had taken to the air and was trying to catch up with the others. She saw the strength of the other players on the team already and didn't know if there was room for her to try and compete with them all. She had followed Jolly as she in turn followed Keira and knew that she had no chance catching up with her. She saw Jolly pull away and hover underneath Andy and so stopped a fair distance away from the hoops, in hope that Andy would save the goal and would be able to pass the quaffle to Jolly.

Action: Flying towards the goal hoops, and hovering relatively close.
Pts used: zero
Pts remaining: 200
Finishing Location: NSA

Starting Location: somewhere between NNE and NSE

Mike saw Cyndi smack the bludger away, saving Jolly. DAMN Mike muttered. Mike saw the bludger fly around NSA. Mike zoomed over there, the bludger was going towards Keira, but Mike saw Amy was in the same area as Keira. Talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone Mike thought to himself. Mike flew in front of Keira, raising his bat Mike swung with all his might. SMACK Mike hit the bludger to Amy the Golden Lions Chaser. " Saved you again Keira " Mike said jokingly.

Action: Saving Kiera and trying to hit Amy.(- 10 points for hitting cyndi before)
Pts used: 50
Pts remaining: 90

Cyndi watched as Mike hit the bludger toward Amy, who had just joined the game. She saw Amy looking at what Jolly and Kiera were doing, and Cyndi wasn't sure that she knew a bludger was coming toward her. Cyndi was too far to get there in time so she sped toward her yelling "AMY...HEADS UP!!"

Action: yelling like a maniac and heading towards Amy and the bludger
Pts used: 0
Pts remaining: 130

Starting Location: NSA

Amy heard Cyndi yell at her and she spun round the see a bludger heading her way. She quickly tried to move her broom upwards to dodge it and thought she had done so when she heard a 'thump' and a pain shooting up her ankle, telling her that the bludger had found its target

Action: Hit by bludger
Pts used: +10
Pts remaining: 210

Starting Location: centre hoop North SA

Andromeda smiled as Kiera attempted the oldest trick in the book, distracting the opposing keeper. She winked at her but didn't answer. Kiera took a sudden dive to the left and Andy went to follow. Regretting the move the moment she made it, as Kiera pulled up instantly and fired the quaffle towards the far right hoop.

Andy swerved her broom as hard right as she could and flew fast after the quaffle,
She stretched her frame down over her broom to speed it up but it wasn't fast enough as the quaffle sailed through the hoop. Andy pulled hard on the broom as she came in fast to the hoop, she slammed herself on the frame groaning as her shoulder seemed to smash into it.

She dove down after the quaffle and retrieving it called to Cyndi to catch it. She threw it in Cyndi's direction. And returned to her position infront of the hoops smiling and Kiera.

"Good move" she said as she held her arm briefly.

Action Taken: failed attempt to block, hit off hoop frame, retrieved quaffle and passed it to Cyndi.
Pts Used: +10
Finishing location: North SA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back