Gryffindor Exhibition Game

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin walked out onto the Quidditch Pitch with his Scarlet Streak in his left hand, a knapsack hanging off his shoulder, and his wand outstretched levitating his Quidditch Trunk before him. The Sorting Hat had been kind to Bruin, sending a host of enthusiastic first years to Gryffindor. Their enthusiasm had been infectious and re-energized the returning members of the Pride.

Bruin was hoping for a good turnout for this little exhibition match and lowered the trunk to the ground. The skies were clear, but the late autumn air had a little bit of a bite to it. Bludgers would sting a little more today for those unable to avoid them. Bruin adjusted his Quidditch Gear and laid a piece of parchment with the rosters on it on the top of trunk. He was hoping that a few more Gryffindors would show up that he could fill into the remaining spots in the line-ups, but if the other ten that had indicated they would be here arrived, then they would have a great time.

Bruin mounted his broom and took to the skies, hoping to get a few minutes of flying in before the others arrived.

Golden Lions

Seeker - Harri
Keeper - Andy
Chaser 1 - Katalina
Chaser 2 - Amy
Chaser 3 - Jolly
Beater 1 - Cyndi
Beater 2 -

Scarlet Eagles

Seeker - Ellie
Keeper - Bruin
Chaser 1 - Kiera
Chaser 2 - Grande
Chaser 3 - Hilary
Beater 1 - Mike
Beater 2 -

(OOC - just PM me if you want to join and I'll add you to the rosters in one of the open spots.)

Kiera walked onto the Pitch with her Streak in hand. She saw Bruin flying up above her. She hopped on her broom and flew into the air. She was excited for the upcoming season. Kiera liked her teammates and knew they worked great together. She was interested to see how the first years would fly in a game. She reached Bruin and grinned. "Hey Sarge! You as excited as me?" she asked with a laugh.

Jolly skipped down to the Quidditch Pitch, along with Kiera; her spirits were high and she headed straight to the broom cupboard to get her beloved school broom. She saw Bruin holding a parchment in hand and Kiera talking to him and made a beeline for them, even though she had a strong urge to mount her broom and fly away. "Hi Bruin!" she greeted him. "Alright?" He seemed so calm and confident. On the hand, butterflies were fluttering in Jolly's stomach.

Andromeda ran to the pitch literally from the castle, she couldn't wait. It was one thing to watch a game but this time she would get to play. Playing with her uncle was definitly not the same either. This would be full team formations.
She arrived onto the pitch and saw Bruin, Kiera and Jolly already there before her. She released her Sienna Storm and mounted it.
"do me proud today Falcon" she whispered to it as she lunged on her broom and headed up to where the others were.

"Hiya! how long before the others come?" she smiled slightly breathless from having run so far.

Cyndi walked down to the pitch with her Sienna Storm over her shoulder. She was feeling very excited about the upcoming practice. She just knew that it would be a great one. As Cyndi approached the pitch, she saw that several people were already there. Cyndi smiled and said "Hey Gryffindors!"

Kiera grinned at Jolly Andy and Cyndi. "Hey guys! Glad yall could come! Im so pumped!" she confessed to them all. Kiera was excited to finally get to play a game again. Adrenaline rushed through her. "I dont know but I hope they come soon!" she said answering Andy's question.

Mike ran down to the Quidditch Pitch, "Hey Guys I hope I'm not late ? " asked Mike, who was excited about playing beater.

Cyndi looked at the boy who had just come and said "Nope. Right on time. We're still waiting for a couple of people."

Andromeda hovered excitedly, this was what it was all about she told herself. The reason she couldn't wait to get to HNZ in the first place so she could play quidditch on a proper pitch on a proper team.
She smiled now to those about her.
"Is it ok to just fly about before the others show?"

Bruin greeted each newcomer with a warm smile, but let them do most of the talking, a definite rarity for him and something that he thought they should enjoy. The time would come for him to start barking orders and offering encouraging words, but this wasn't it. Bruin flew down to where his knapsack and the Quidditch trunk were and dismounted. He quickly checked off the names of those who had arrived and then pulled some coloured pinnies (basically, slip on tank tops) out of his knapsack so that it would be easier for them to figure out who was on each team.

Bruin then unlatched the trunk and pulled out a Quaffle for the others to throw around if they so choose while they awaited the others. He was careful to close the trunk quickly as it was evident that the Bludgers were feeling a little restless today and were bashing against their restraint straps and trying to get out.

"Alright, come and grab you pinnies and then feel free to fly around for warm-up until the others arrive.", he bellowed at the others as he pulled a Scarlet one on himself. Bruin had chosen to play Keeper for now so that he could observe most of the action in front of him to evaluate the talent on hand.

Kiera grinned and listened to everyone talk. When Bruin called them, Kiera flew down to where he was. She pulled on one of the scarlet tank tops. They were rather big. Kiera wasnt too fond of them but they would help during the game. "Hey Bruin Can I have the Quaffle to warm up with some of the chasers?" she asked with a bright smile. She was excited to start.

Bruin smiled. "Of course...", he replied and tossed the Quaffle to her. Bruin could always count on Kiera for her energy and positive attitude, realizing suddenly that he couldn't think of one incident or thing that he didn't like about her.

Kiera caught the Quaffle with a wicked grin. "Thanks Bru!" she said noticing he was giving her a funny look. She scrunched up her face wondering why. She didnt know but if it was important she knew he would tell her later. Turning to everyone else she asked, "Any other chasers want to play with me?" She grinned enthusiaticly as she hopped on her Streak. She floated two feet off the ground as she waited for an answer.

Kat ran down to the pitch, Scarlet Streak in hand. She was hoping that she wasn't running too late, as she had received an owl from her mum while in the common room and needed to repsond back to her. She approached the pitch with a bright smile on her face as she saw that a good portion of the others had already arrived. "Sorry i'm running a bit late...you guys ready for some fun?" she said with a playful tone.

Bruin tossed Kat a golden-coloured pinnie and smiled. "It's okay, not everyone is here yet anyway. We're just getting warmed up."

Bruin's facial expression turned more serious. "Now Kat, remember what I said about Quidditch being fun...it is not fun, it is a serious sport where the potential for injury is quite great. So, let's not talk about it being fun." Bruin stated seriously. "Now, get on your broom and go have some fun!, he added with a smile.

Jolly obediently took a golden colored tank top. It was so very large on her that it fell past her knees like skirt. Jolly grinned sheepishly at Bruin and then mounted her broom before flying off behind Kiera. "Throw me the quaffle, Kiera," she shouted happily.

Kat caught the golden-colored fabric that Bruin tossed to her, thankful that she wasn't too terribly late. She put it on over her Gryffindor sweatshirt and then re-tied her hair back to make sure that it stayed out of her face.

She merely cocked her head to the side and rolled her eyes playfully at Bruin when he commented that quidditch wasn't supposed to be fun. She mounted her Streak and hovered for a moment, looking back at him and saying jokingly, "Sure thing their Bruin. You're like the bossy big brother I never had."

Grande walked out onto the pitch and smiled at the different people. His broom in his hand he walked to the middle of the pitch. "Sorry I'm late," Grande said "What have I missed?"

Andromeda flew back down to where Bruin was giving out coloured pinnie, dismounting she walked over and picked up a golden one and slipped it on. She was so slight and small that it looked like a table cloth on her. Smiling she pulled up the ends and tugging them to the side she knotted it, so that the pinnie was now up to her waist and wouldn't be getting in the way. Her hair had been braided earlier by the girls, so she felt ready to take on the world.

To be honest, she was quite nervous of playing keeper as enthusiastic as she had been about the position. She remounted and kicked off, flying up and over to where the three hoops on the North side of the pitch were. She flew around them first then zigzagged her way in and out of them. She watched as the chasers seemed to be practising up a storm and smiled enviously at them.

"Keep your mind on the game and keep the quaffle from getting in!" she told herself as she looped in and out through the hoops.

Cyndi walked over to Bruin and took a golden tank top. "Can't wait to get started!" Cyndi said as she slipped it on and then readied herself to mount her broom.

The chasers were already in the air throwing the quaffle around. Since Cyndi wouldn't be playing chaser today, she decided to just warm up. She mounted her broom and flew into the air and began flying back and forth.

Kiera grinned at Jolly and flew up higher in the air. "Okay Jolly lets throw the Quaffle back and forth as we fly down the pitch and back!" she said cheerfully. She began to fly. "Ready?" she asked but without waiting for a replied. She threw the Quaffle across the pitch to Jolly.She made sure not to throw it too hard as she had a tendancy to do. They passed the ball back and forth getting a good warm up.

Amy ran all the way down from the common room to the pitch with her broom in her hands. She skidded at she stopped in front of Bruin but managed to keep her balance. "I'm here! Sorry about being late" Amy said with a smile on her face. She waved at the others as she waited for instructions.

" Hey Grande, you haven't missed much, you're on the same team as me " said Mike cherfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back