Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
After dressing up formally and extensively for the Yule Ball a few months ago, Amber was happy to wear a more simple dress for the Valentines Dance. She hoped to have a better time at this party too, and had at least avoided a big argument with November while getting dressed.

For the first time in what felt like ages, Amber came to an event like this with Ainsley at her side. Of course, they just went together as friends, but it felt old and familiar. The last time they had done this was in their second year, before Amber started dating Wyatt. It felt like she had unintentionally ruined everything by going to the ball with him. Since then, she hadn't really had the urge to go with another boy. It had felt like she was supposed to, and Wyatt had been nice, but she felt more at ease just going with a friend. There was plenty of time for boys later, is what Amber told herself now.
She beamed and looked around at the decorations. She clutched Ainsley's arm, "look!" She said, as she took in the beautiful Great Hall. The heart shaped tables were adorable, and she loved the canopy overhead. In amazement, she watched the roses change from buds to full bloom. "It's so beautiful." She said softly. "What shall we do first? Get punch?" She looked at her friend. "It's all up to you." She looked at her friend with a happy smile. Ainsley was so tall, it was funny to stand next to her and hold her arm, almost like being with a boy. "I'm so glad we're here together." She said softly.

It finally felt to Ainsley like things were right with the world again. All the strain of last year was behind her now. Her friendship with Amber was beginning to get back to normal, and they had finally come to a school dance together, like old times. Ainsley had dressed up, in one of her cutest dresses, and as she and Amber made their way down to the dance together, it felt like nothing had changed.

Ainsley looked around as Amber grabbed her arm, gasping softly in awe. "Wow! It's so pretty!" Ainsley agreed happily, trying not to let her mind linger on Amber's hands on her arm. No need to let that part of her mind take over just when things were getting back to normal. However soft and nice her hands were. "I don't mind!" Ainsley said happily, thinking of what they could do. "Maybe punch, then dancing?" She glanced down at Amber, heart melting at the sight of her friend's smile, and the sound of her words. "Me too." She said happily, hoping her face wasn't flushed. "This is perfect."

Amber really liked Ainsley's dress, and she thought the other girl looked amazing in it. The blue and yellow paired with her red hair was such a nice combination, but she somehow felt weird about saying so. It helped that she was so happy, happier than Amber had seen her in a while. She never wanted to make her friend sad again, and she hoped she never would. She nodded at Ainsey's suggestions, as she wanted to let Ainsley lead the way today. She felt like she was always the one making decisions, and she didn't want her friend to feel like Amber was just always taking charge without consideration of her feelings. "Punch sounds like a great idea. I wonder what flavor it is." She said happily. She started leading Ainsley to the punch, forgetting her earlier resolution not to always take charge. As she walked through the hall, she saw November talking to Flavio. A slight frown creased her face, as it was just annoying to her how November always seemed to suck up to the boy. Did she ever do anything on her own? She seemed boy-crazed to Amber. But unlike the Yule Ball, today's dance wouldn't be all about November for Amber. She wouldn't let it.

As they arrived at the table with food and drinks, Amber beamed. The baked goods were so cute and fit the theme so well, even if she wasn't hungry. She poured some punch for both herself and Ainsley, and then held up her glass. "A toast to our friendship?" She asked the girl with a shy smile.

Fleur arrived to the Valentine's Day dance her eyes open and alert looking for her best friend who would be hanging around with her boyfriend but possible some of their others friends as well, but also looking for her date Riley. Instead, Fleur spied Amber who seemed to be toasting with another girl both girls seemed to like the same style of dress. Fleur wondered if she might be too dressy for the dance but she spied a few other girls dressed like she. Plus, it wouldn't matter to Fleur, she wanted eyes to be on her tonight, although she wondered how careful she needed to be, her Yule Ball dress had struck a flirtation with Rory. But, she thought of Riley more so in a romantic way, she just wasn't too sure how having a Squib in his family would affect his chances as being someone she could be with for the rest of her life. Rory would be the better option even though he was currently taken. She did have to admit sometimes she'd prefer to date a girl instead as they seemed less complicated. The only girl she thought would be good enough for her tastes was Evelyn and she preferred the girl as a friend than more. Either way she was meant to be at the dance with Riley but she thought saying hi to Amber wouldn't hurt for the moment.

Sighing Fleur approached Amber and her 'date'. She wondered if this was a cover for the Ravenclaw boy seemed to be hanging around with the other annoying girl Fleur always seemed to see him with. Either Amber or that December girl. He seemed to have made his mind up but she could still see him with Rory either way. "Hey Amber and her friend, sorry I don't remember your name. You both look very lovely this evening," she said to the two girls as she came up to them. The two seemed happy and she thought that was better than standing around alone until she saw Evelyn...plus she wanted to show Amber she was a good person for Evelyn to be friends with as she wasn't too sure if Amber thought that.

Ainsley peered over at the punch curiously, trying to guess from the colour. "Strawberry, maybe? For Valentines?" Before she could consider more, Amber was pulling her in that direction and Ainsley followed happily, relieved to be reunited and doing things like this together again. She beamed, taking the punch Amber offered her happily, looking over the sweet table of snacks... everything looked so cute and romantic and happy, like a tv show. It felt good. Like the world was back to being right. "To our friendship." She said happily, clinking her punch cup with Amber's, and taking a small sip. Things were perfect.

Her heart slipped a bit when a friend of Amber's approached them and Ainsley looked down, face vanishing behind her hair. She was used to Amber being popular, and didn't expect all of her friend's attention all of the time, but the niggling worries that had driven them apart last year remained, that Amber would find someone normal, a friend or a boyfriend, who she liked better than Ainsley, and realise she didn't need someone so weird in her life anymore. Leaning back a little Ainsley fell silent, sipping her drink again quietly behind the safe curtain of her untameable hair.

Amber smiled. "There's only one way to find out." She said lightly, and took a big sip after they tapped their cups together. It seemed to be raspberry, and it was honestly quite good. "It's tasty, and I think you were close with strawberry." She told her friend with a nod. "It's raspberry. I think." She added with a thoughtful look on her face. The thought of actually dancing with Ainsley was a bit weird, but in a fun way. It's what they had done as kids in first year, and Amber wouldn't terribly mind if they managed to do it again. Though maybe less silly than before. But before they could even speak of more than the punch, they were interrupted. And for the first time, Amber felt some irritation at being approached by someone she hoped to become friends with. Fleur Worth was beautiful, and Amber thought she looked quite a bit more mature than either her or Ainsley did at this moment, despite being in their year. But for tonight she couldn't help but wish slightly the girl had stuck with Evelyn, or maybe a date. Amber wanted to spend more time with Ainsley. Still, it wouldn't be like her to be rude to the girl, especially as she had been friendly. For the most part. It felt a bit dismissive of Ainsley that the girl hadn't remembered her name at all, despite being in the same classes for the past three and a half years. "My friend's name is Ainsley." She said firmly. "But thank you. Your dress is beautiful." She smiled and turned to Ainsley, gently touching her arm. "This is Fleur, she's a Slytherin in our year." She said, determined not to alienate Ainsley just because someone else had approached them. "Are you meeting anyone tonight?" She asked Fleur, glancing her way. She honestly hoped the Slytherin would say yes.

Fleur wasn't too surprised when it seemed like the quieter Hufflepuff girl seemed to shut down a little when she came up to them. As she had been getting closer she had heard the girl talking and laughing with Amber. But when Fleur was there the girl hardly seemed to move. She wasn't sure if Amber felt the same but Fleur knew it was important to Evelyn that her friends also be friends. After all, Evelyn already had to deal with a dorm full of annoying girls, her friends shouldn't also be terrible. "Ainsley, right. I'm really sorry about that. I don't know where my head has gone," she said giving a small smile towards Ainsley. She hadn't meant to forget the girl's name but it really didn't come to her. She nodded to Amber's compliment, though she felt as though only Evelyn would actually appreciate it truly. High fashion was more of their calling, she knew Amber dressed nice but Fleur never got the impression she knew much of high fashion like Evelyn. "I was looking for Evelyn actually, and my date. But, I thought I'd stop over to say hello. The room is so crowded tonight," Fleur said glancing around for a moment for her own friends before towards Amber and Ainsley again. "So are you two, together? Here as a dates to the dance?" Fleur asked wondering briefly if she had gotten the whole situation wrong from looking on the outside in. "I'm here with just a friend as well, although I haven't actually found him yet," Fleur added in case they were just on a friend date and not a real one. It was then she spotted Evelyn in the crowd and she waved towards the girl before looking back to the two Hufflepuff. "I should go say hi to Evelyn and Noah, it was nice seeing you Amber and Ainsley," Fleur said making sure to include the quiet one. Plus the repetition of saying her name might help her to remember it in the future.

Ainsley was a little surprised to hear Amber pull the conversation back to her, rather than just chatting with her friend, but it warmed her heart a little. "Hi." She said quietly to Fleur, giving a small wave, face still mostly hidden behind her hair. She listened quietly as the other girls talked, though her heart thudded as Fleur asked if they were here as dates. They had agreed to come to the dance together, but it was just... going to the dance together, like they had back in first and second year. She didn't know how to answer, leaving it to Amber. And then Fleur was gone again, as quickly as she had arrived, surprising Ainsley a little.

Amber was glad Fleur apologized for not knowing Ainsleys name. Even though she belatedly realised the chances of Ainsley knowing Fleur's name at all were slim too. She was glad that wasn't brought up by her friend, as it would have made her defensive stance look silly. "I think I saw Evelyn with Noah over there earlier." She said, and though she was curious who the girl's date was, she didn't really want to engage her in a longer conversation. Amber felt her cheeks heat up slightly when Fleur asked if they were here as dates. It seemed obvious to Amber that they were here as friends,a nd she said so. "We're just going as friends, not as a date." She said firmly, though she didn't look at Ainsley as she said it. But then, thankfully, Fleur seemed to be leaving. Amber immediately looked more cheerful. "Alright, say hi to Evelyn from me. And enjoy your night!" She said happily, before turning back to her friend. She cleared her throat, hoping things weren't all awkward now. "So um. What should we do now?" She asked Ainsley, looking up at her to see if she was upset by the conversation. She hoped not, it was nice to be friends without complications once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back