Gloom

"First?!?" Harri said suprised, "Are they actually going out?" she asked

Zazuka shook her head. "So there is still hope then again there is the fact that I tend to look like I'm off my rocker most of the time. Not that I'm going to chainge that. I like my look." She said.

Harri nodded "Yeah I like it too!" she said, "And you definatly shouldn't change for anyone," she siad surely. "So does he just think of you as a friend?" she asked knowing this was probably one of the worst things if he did.

Zazuka looked up at the cillling. "I don't know! That's just it!" She said though her arms. She was trying really hard to hide her blushing face.

"Theres only one way to find out you know...." Harri trailed off pretending not to see Zukas blushing.

"Not. A. Chance." Zazuka said jabing her finger in her direction but in the air with every word. Her head was still down on the table. All this confusion was making her dizzy. Stupid hormons. "I don't want to couse trouble for anyone epecially myself unless it has something to do with dung bombs. Pranks are good, school house drama is not." She said. The tone in her muffled voice said that there was nothing that was going to chainge her mind.

"Ah come on Zuka, just hint. Subtely of course!" Harri said nodding "I mean it has to be worth a try!" she said.

Zazuka looked up. "How is that doen?" She asked curiosity in her voice now.

"well I'm no expert!" Harri said, "But I would suggest maybe hinting about the yule ball? Like saying no-ones asked you or anything!" she suggested.

Zazuka put head back down. "Then the question becomes if he even goes to thouse kind of things." She said putting her hands behind her head.

"You never know if you don't ask!" Harri said confidently "I mean he probably does!" she said.

Zazuka placed her head back in arms so no one could hear the scream she let out. "I am not used to being so confused." She said. It was true. Even will all the nutty ideas that she got she still could make sence of everything.

Harri couldn't help but laugh "It's called growing up!" she siad grinning, "I'm sure it'll be fine, just spend more time with him and stuff!" she shrugged.

Zazuka nodded. "Alright but not a peep out of you." She said in defeat. She knew she had no chance. She was freakly and maybe out of her mind. "I will also keep an eye on him." She said indefetly. Zazuka usually got her information from listening and watching anyway. She would know what was going on soon enough.

Harri noddded "Not a peep," she said "I'll keep an eye out too!" she said laughing.

Zazuka let her head come up alittle higher so she could put it down again but her face fully visable now. "It's times like this that I wish I could stay 11 forever." She said with a bit of a growl. She hated being confused all the time.

"What are you sick of being 12 already?" Harri asked suprised, "And come on I mean you wouldn't want to miss out on all this would you?" she said grinning.

Zazuka gave her hard look. "You mean like feeling mixed up all the time, having to deal with things I can't get the ansewrs to out of a book, I'm not used to not no knowing things I really am not." She said at a bit of a whine.

Harri grinned "See it's a learning curve!" she said, "I mean sooner or later you were gunna have to learn that not everythings written down in a book!" she said laughing, "Somethings you have to feel or experience to fully understand!"

Zazuka looked like she was about to cry. "Why not. I mean you can do so much with words but there are limits to human speech it just sucks so bad I wish I could sink into a book a lose myself in it where I know how things are going to turn out. Welcome to teenagerdom right?" She sighed putting her hands on her the back of her head.

"Zuka I thought you were smart!" Harri said in mock shock, "How can you say human laungage sucks? Theres no point in being clever if you can't communicate properly!" she said "And hearing the words said outloud can be a million times better then reading it, I mean take 'I love you' for example, when some one writes it down it will never sound as good as when the boy you love says it outloud to you," she said her eyes sparkling, "Will it?" she said folding her arms as if this last revelation proved her point exactly.

Zazuka tilted her head from side to side. "That's true though I've never expiranced it. But tell me can you discribe that feeling in full detail so I can know what to expect when it happens to me? I'm sure that whatever you say the expirance will be somewhat diffrent yet almost exsactly what you tell me and that is why I say that while you can express alot though spoken and written lauage there are still limitations to what can be explained and that is what I'm saying SUCKS!" She said indefetly. Zazuka looked out the windown and sighed. The sun was already going down. "Hey I'll walk you back to your commonroom if you don't mind." She said with a soft smile.

Harri nodded "Yeah I think it definatly will be different for everyone," she said "But for me it's just well indescribable, it makes you feel all warm inside and..." she trailed off "Okay, so words are letting me down now, but I doubt I could write it down either!" she said laughing, "Sure, shall we start walking?" she asked.

Zazuka nodded. She looked though her bag and took out two spiral lollipops. She handed one to Harri while she got up and taped it with her's. "Here is to five more crazy, mixed up years at Hogwarts. It's going to be a wild ride." She said with a siging laugh and started to take the wraping off the lolli.

"Thanks,"Harri said taking the lolly gratefully from Zuka. "Five more years?" she said laughing "It'll fly by!" she joked linking Zukas arm as they began to walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back