Gloom

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
It was during the week that Zazuka found out that Andy had been tranfered and was still waiting to hear from Kailey's parents. She sitll didn't know if she would be allowed to stay or if she was going to have to track down that little falt that she had in Obesten Horber. With her Ollivander's earnings she should have had enough to stay there for the next summer. She was glade that they where allowed to stay in Hogwarts during the winter holidays.

The gloom that had settled in on her since crying in the girl's dormetory was reflected in the way she was dressed. Her school uniform even during the time off and her hair was down. She brushed it out so the frizz wouldn't settle in this made it kinda poofy but it broke in waves instead of wild curls. Her pich back hair covered her face like a curten. It had been her usual state while in class or infront of everyone else. She had taken to hiding in the library lately. She didn't want to be around anyone infecting them with her own sorrow. They deserved to be happy. She would be sad alone here.

In her hands where her notes for potions, Defence against the dark arts, and Transfigurations. She was doing anything and everything to keep herself distracted. She didn't want to brake out crying again when she wasn't in the girl's dormetory. She trusted Kailey so she felt safe crying around her but anyone else she would not show her tears to for fear they would think her whiny or week. So she studyed and stayed out of the public eye as much as possible hoping to feel better soon so she could face the world again.

Harri found herself wondering to the libary which was strange because she never went to the libary the silence was kind of eerie(sp?). She was missing Ellie and found herself on her own much more then she had ever been before, she was missing her best friend and what made it worse is that she didn't know when or if she would be coming back. Harri passed a mirror and stood looking at her reflection, her hair looked messy but she was pleased it looked like it was meant to be, her batman tshirt and skinny jeans didn't look to bad though she was a little cold and cursed herself for not bringing her cardigan. As she delved further into the libary she spotted Zuka sitting alone, she looked gloomy and Harri thought she knew why. Andy had been transfered and she could completly symphaise with her, "Hey Zuka," she said softly pulling up a chair "How are you?" she asked, before realising what she was saying.

Zazuka looked up over her notes. She was sitting in a position where the light from the windows would hit her glasses making it so she could look out but almost anyone looking wouldn't be able to look in. "Hello Harri, how have you been?" She asked her voice was cheery but hollow in a way. It was the same voice that she had used in class for most of two days.

Harri smiled at Zuka, who had cleaverly positioned her head so that Harri couldn't see her eyes, "Erm guess I've been fine," she shrugged, "I miss Ellie alot though," she said quietly and truthfully, "how about you?" she asked, noting the hollow happiness in Zukas voice.

Zazuka looked down the back up. The sun flashed on her glasses a bit. "I fell as if a bit of my soul has left along with Andy. She was like a sister to me, a truere friend I have yet to know. I miss her so terrably even though I know that I can write to her." She said. The hollowness of her voice seemed to spread onto the rest of her.

Harri put her arms around Zuka and felt tears prick in her eyes she hugged her, "Couldn't have said it better myself," she said quietly, she brushed the tears away a little embaressed, Zuka wasn't crying so neither should she, though she couldn't stop them they just kept coming so she kept brushing them away.

With Harri's angle came shadows which left the glass clear to see though. Zazuka's eyes where briming with tears but they refused to fall down her cheeks. It was always difficult for her to start crying. She realised that Harri's best friend and her good friend had also moved. She didn't feel Ellie's absence like she was feeling Andy's but she knew how but Harri must hurt.

Puzzling this out she hugged Harri. "It is difficult with out those that we have let come close to us." She said placing her head on her own arm so the tears would fall on her sleeve and not on Harri.

Harri nodded biting her lip and attempting to clear her throat "We'll get through this right?" she said, she knew Zuka could never fully understand Harri's pain at loosing another best friend. Ever since Emma's death Harri felt the need to protect her friends and now she had lost another best friend as well as a fellowhouse mate and good friend. She was anxious especially about Ellie, as she was ill and not knowing about her made things soo much worse. she tried to block images of herself after Emma's death out of her head with no success, making the tears fall faster. "I mean there going to be okay right?" she asked, insecurity flooding her voice.

Zazuka nodded. "I just wish her a place where she can be as happy as here. We have shared so much with each other I don't think that there will be some one else that we can share so much with." She said. It was true. Zazuka knew of Andy's condition and Andy knew about her horrable past and about her ministry declared Non-power. It was still there but she tryed to inore it. Zazuka had even though she found a home at the Gables where Andy stayed but then all that was suddenly taken away from her. "Ellie will be alright, she is stronger than we now I could see it from over my glasses." She said crypticly. "Andy I'm sure will be alright, She is so brave it will be difficult for her not to make friends." She said with a sigh. There was a fear of being repleced somewhere in there.

Harri nodded, finding great comfort in Zuka's words, "But she'll never find a friend like you," Harri said confidently, "I mean you and her were like sisters, I doubt she'll be able to find that with someone else," she said hoping these words were also true for herself and Ellie.

Zazuka wiped the pool that was froming at the base of her eyes. "I know I won't. But maybe I can call someone a best friend still." She said with a bright smile. Some of her brightness was coming back. Not enough to chainge out of her uniform or put her hair back up in her weird syles but still it was coming back. "Do you think you will be able to call someone a best friend again?" She asked with a gentle smile on her face.

Harri smiled glad that Zuka seemed to feel a little better, she nodded "Yeah I mean I already consider Kiera and Caysi to be really close friends," she said "So I'm sure I will!" she said cheering up a little at the thought. "I mean with all the kids in this school how could we not find best friends!" she siad laughing a little, though she knew in time she probably would get another best friend they would never be the same as Ellie.

Zazuka smiled wide. She was sure that she could find a good friend as well. "I'm getting closer and closer to Kailey. So I'm sure I will be able to write to Andy without getting suck soon enough." She said then looked around. "I'm getting kinda bored of studing. Want to play a paper game?" She asked. She knew all sorts of paper games like M.A.S.H and things like that.

Harri grinned "Thats great!" she siad happy Zuka had found a good friend "Yeah sure! I love paper games! Which one shall we play?" she asked "I love MASH!" she added.

Zazuka giggled "Then let's get started." She said diving for a piece of paper. "Let's see a section for boys, a section for brooms, a section for kids, and a section for.... colors and of course M.A.S.H" She said making the diagram. She handed Harri the parchment after that.

Harri laughed "Shall I do it on you first?" she asked taking the parchment and pulling a quill out of her bag.

"Yes of coures choose you contenders!" She said. She wondered what names would end up on the parchment so she watched carfuly.

"No. you go first," Harri said giving the parchment back to Zuka and laughing, "I need to brush up on how to play," she said, though she knew perfectly well how to play she wanted to see what Zuka would write down.

Zazuka shook her head. "Alright I'll start." She said and started to write down in the space she had made.

Brian Gatathorn ----- Firebolt ----- Yellow ----- France ----- Three

Yvan ??? ----- Emerld Streek ----- Blue ----- Italy ----- Zero

Andrew Bruke ----- Numbuse 2001 ----- White ----- Canada ---- Two

Mike Grounding(SP) ----- Clean Sweep Seven ----- Gray ----- Japan ---- One

The last one was a bit of a joke but she wondered what this kind of girlish foutune telling would lead her. "Now all you have to do is draw lines in the middle space until I tell you to stop." She said with a bright smile.[/color]

"Okay," Harri said beginning to draw the line "Tell me when to stop," she siad her pen running across the page.

Zauzka counted a second and half then held up her hand. "Stop!" She said as sharply as she could. There was no edge to her shrpness though, She was too sweet for that.

Harri stoped as soon as Zuka said stop, "Ooo Brian," she siad nudging Zuka playfully and grinning at her, "See its fate!" she said laughing a little.

Zauzka giggled. "Good thing too I wouldn't want my destened to be my Jinx test target." She said. She was talking about Mike. Her aim was getting better. She had actually made him trip over air the day before she found out that Andy had moved. Since then she hadn't had the heart to jinx Mike.

Harri tipped her head on the side "Huh?" she said "Who have you been jinxing Zuka?" she asked in a teacherly fashion, joking of corse.

Zazuka looked up. "Well I knew that Ellie wanted revenge and since she couldn't be here I took out for her. In another week Mike should be all payed up for makeing Ellie cry." She said with a nod. She had a mock siriose face on her but she broke it into a smile soon afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back