Did You Know...

Did you know...

Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."

and

The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

{Australia wasn't always called Oceania, that is a recent enough occurence in the last decade or so. So perhaps all the sites that say:

The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start should all update their information }

Baojia Dewu said:

{Australia wasn't always called Oceania, that is a recent enough occurence in the last decade or so. So perhaps all the sites that say:

The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start should all update their information }

Still doesn't excuse the North America and South America thing. :lol:

•The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot. (try it)

I honestly did not believe this at first. I looked at my arm and I was like, "No way is my foot that big!" Then I tried it. So, I guess Amanda Clownfeet has to bring up something random, huh?

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

•The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot. (try it)
I did, and it wasn't :S! Either I have monkey arms or troll feet. I think it's the latter.

Did you know that many different cultures throughout history used urine for hygiene purposes? It has been used frequently as soap, laundry 'detergent', hair wash, teeth whitener, mouthwash and as a part of many cures for different ailments. And the funky thing was, they worked really well (especially as a teeth-whitener. Eek!)

Nicolas King said:
Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Did you know..

The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start
That would be a falsehood as:
[ol][li]North America and South America are two seperate continents. Not just America</LI>
<LI>[li]The 'continent' of Australia is often referred to as Oceania to separate and distinguish between the country and the continent [/li][/ol]

:)
Actually, that is wrong. Oceania refers to Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and all those other places that surround.

Did you knowunless food is mixed with saliva you can't taste it

Rosalie Leydon said:
Actually, that is wrong. Oceania refers to Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and all those other places that surround.
"The term is sometimes used more specifically to denote a continent comprising Australia and proximate islands,"
United Nations uses 'Oceania': http://millenniumindicators.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm
The Canadian Government: http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/reference/international/world/referencemap_image_view
etc.
It can be used as a continental name, like I said. :)

did you know that there is a word that describes the state of having a well shaped buttocks. that word is callipygian. (now i dare everyone to use that in a reply :r )

:o Nick Where is your did you know?

Did you know: in 1878 the first telephone book made contained only 50 names

Mia: Iiiii have a roleplay right now where that word might be able to come up. :r

Did you know that if you drive a route using right turns only you'll save fuel? (Mythbusters confirmed)

How does that work?

Did you know: the word 'testify' derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles

Nick: would that depend if you are in a right hand drive country
it is because in right hand drive countries turning right would be a shorter path correct?

did you know 2013 is the only ear since 1987 where all the digits in it were different.

Excellent call, Mia. Yes, it'd be the opposite in countries where you drive on the left side of the road - left turns would be the better route. ^_^
(We really need more international standards.)

Too lazy to look up a new did you know sooo: Did you know I'm militant about the dates for the Bi-Weekly Updates following (or closely resembling) the International Standards Organization date format?

Aww that's a sad fact :(

Did you know that Queen Elizabeth II is the legal owner of one-sixth of the Earth’s land surface. That makes her the largest landowner on the planet by a long way.

DID YOU KNOW!

People in Japan used to dye their teeth black!?

Did you know that Mario wears a hat because his creator couldn't draw hair well and didn't want to be bothered? :tut:

Did you know

Having friends from other culture makes you more creative (So true xD )

Did you know:
Charlie Chaplin once entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest, and lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back