Dear [Whomever]

Dear Artwork,
I have gone through a lot to get you to this point. I've injured myself numerous times, lost enough skin from my fingers to cover my body, hurt my eye, lost some hair from my arms and hands, had an allergic reaction to my protective gear, and to top it all off, you weren't even my desired creation, but the product of pressure and forceful 'suggestions'.
If you don't work out, I swear to God, I am going to stick you on a slab of wood regardless, burn the absolute crap out of that wood with a series of words that will very clearly show my feelings on you, the education system and all the damn rules and regulations I am under, and then send you in as my major work - along with a slab of wet clay in a draw so they can mold my work to their own liking on a more literal level.
I'll await eagerly for the letter I'd receive, and frame it to remind myself to never, ever allow others to dictate what I do, and to pick a median I know, and love, because my appreciation for art has utterly died because of you and them.

Dear Art Teachers,
Once this is done, I am going to take great pleasure in taking all of my work, stencils, instruments and molds home with me. I don't care if you wanted to keep my molds to re-use for your own purposes, and I don't care if you wanted my instruments to use to make new molds to use for your own purposes. If you hadn't stuffed me around, I would have left everything to you, but now I'm not so altruistic.
I'm not even leaving my sketches.
Go work your own butt off and spend your own money, because everything that is mine is coming with me.
I don't care how much it pisses you off - in fact, the more annoyed you are, the better!
You'll understand how rude, obnoxious and unyielding you are, and how pissed off I am!

Kind Regards,
Thanks for screwing me over.
P.S I'm keeping my heart sketch!
AND MY DRAW HANDLE!

Dear the weather,

You know who I am and you know my stance on your desire to change. I'm all for it, i really am, i love change, change is good, it is necessary, but it would also be really, really nice if you could change into a more suitable weather, perhaps stop stuffing up the elements and freezing my hair? That would be really nice and i would greatly appreciate it.

Signed,
Not-really-all-that-hopeful.

Dear Childhood,

I miss you so much, But then I don't miss you at all. There are so many things I would have changed, and there are so many things I would have said instead. Now, I'm a little bit away(a year or two) away from getting ready to figure out what I want to do with life. Please come back one more time so that I can treasure the fact that I am older now.

~that lonely child you created

Dear You,

You're perfect, and it's killing me that I am not getting the chance to properly get to know you. We got along so well, and it was such an immediate connection. I wish I could say these things to you, but I can't muster up the courage, because it worries me that you mightn't feel the same. We have so much in common, and it was honestly the most wonderful day. We'll probably see each other next year, and I hope we'll get the chance to become closer, because it's annoying that we rarely get to see each other, and when we do; it's rare that we get to properly talk. You made my Summer.

-Maia

Dear occupants of the world.

I've seen/heard so many 'An eye for an eye' things lately.
I just don't agree with it. It's so in our culture to be mean to someone just because they were mean to us first. Hurt someone because they might/have hurt you. I hear so many kids say that they are mean to their siblings/friends/whoever because they were mean first.
I'm all for standing up for yourself, but when does that stop, and when do you become the bully, or the one who makes someone go home crying?
What about forgiveness?

~Me.

Dear lower half,

Please stop with your agonizing ways. I am tired of limping and being in pain for weeks at a time. I don't want to quit my job because of you.

~ someone who loves her job.

Dear Crazy-Creepy-Man-At-The-Station,

Thank you very much for ruining my day. I don't appreciate it at all. I rather enjoyed my walks to the train station, until i ran into you. Now I am scared to be alone on a Monday night. My parents agree and will be picking me up from now on. I just thought you should know that what you did was disgusting, creepy, weird and completely against both the law and morals. I've never been stunned quite like that before and I don't care for it. Thank you ever so much for ruining my day.

Signed,
Your Victim.

Dear Mystery Saviour,

I don't know who you are, but thank you so so much for helping me out. I honestly don't know what i would have done had you not yanked me out of the man's grip. Evidently my fight or flight response needs a bit of work. I didn't know that good samaritans still existed around here. Thank you for proving me wrong. You're help will not go unanswered. I promise to help another should i see they need it, in your name. Whoever you are, please know that I am not ungrateful and that I was thankful you walked me to my train.

Signed,
Your biggest fan.

Dear mom,

I simply loved the look on your face and the words out of your mouth when I brought home your present: Back to the Future trilogy on blu ray.
It just makes me happy to see you have sparkles of happiness in your eyes. It has been a long time.

~ Your happy daughter.

Rosa Antolini said:
Dear Historical Map Quiz,

Screw You.

Sincerely,
Annoyed History Student.
Dear Historical Map Quiz,

Thank you for letting me pass :wub:

Sincerely,
Relieved History Student

Dear arthritis,

I didn't ask for you, so perhaps you could be nice in return and let me have a pain free day for once?

Sincerely,

Person struggling to write at the moment.

Dear you,

Wow. I can't believe you did that, and that you are trying to justify your actions. What you did was wrong and you sure know that you would be ranting and raving if she (or anyone) did that to you.

I'm so mad right now, and I'm not even the person you wronged! I just can't right now. I'm so disappointed in you. I can only hope that you actually think about it tonight and realize how messed up you were with what you did. Because it was messed up.

Dear Carmilla,

Please become easier to read.

Sincerely,
Gothic Horror Story Genre Appreciator.

Dear School,

I am not excited for you. Last year was horrible, but this summer has been relaxing. I made some money, and I bought all my school supplies myself. I hope the anticipation of you tomorrow does not take away from my sleep. They say women need lots of sleep, but I can't always trust pictures on Facebook. Please, do not be a bad day. Be good to me, and I promise I will make it up to you somehow. I am going to put Orajel on my tooth before I go to sleep. Be kind to me, please. That is really all I am asking. I don't have enough tongues to say all the worries I have about my junior year in high school. I also am worried about my eye appointment tomorrow. It's been bothering me so much, and I hope that I don't go blind or something. So, please be gentle for the rest of my years in high school. Thank you. (bow)

~The worried child

Dear,

Please just stop coming back. I just want to go the rest of the school year not trying to balance you and my school work. I didn't think that was too much to ask.

Sincerely,
Trying To Be Normal

Dear Sh*thead,

How dare you steal from me when I'm letting you live under my roof, eat my food, and use my internet all for free. This ends here until you get your act together I never want to hear from you again. Maybe if you didn't smoke so much pot, and drink so much you would have a job by now.

Disgruntled younger sister.

Dear ,

Wow. Just wow. I didn't wanna end up writing here but really wow. I don't even know who you are anymore. And I guess that you don't know who I am anymore too. Well, I'm sorry if I turned out to be different than what you expected me to be. Well, guess what? This is me. And at the very least I seem to care more about my family than how you care for this family. I'm sick and tired of you putting your pride in front of everything else and da***t I am so fed up with it. You should just stop screaming and yelling at me telling me to do this and to do that because those actions and decisions of yours are making me and my siblings homeless and I am not taking that lightly. I have come to terms with your treatment towards me and I have gotten used to it over the years, but letting the kids get caught up in your fiasco and letting your pride and selfishness cloud your decisions isn't supposed to be the way you should react. You should grow up and mature cause even if I don't want to get mad at you, I end up doing so. Getting homeless is not a f***ing joke and you should stop seeing it as a way for me to take money from your pockets cause I sure as hell ain't interested in it. If you want me to stop studying because it's expensive and whatnot excuses ypu have, then I will stop. But you better make sure that you face ypur responsibilities and make sure that me and my siblings at least have a home to stay in!

- Might Become Homeless In Two Weeks

Dear HNZ,

I miss you and I don't like being an adult. I wish I had the free time to come back. HNZ was one of the best things I've done, and improved my writings skills more than anything else ever has. I miss the people, I miss the atmosphere, and I think I even secretly miss the drama. Hopefully I can come back and read a bit and catch up with people some time soon.

From a crazy designer and a now published writer

Dear wallet phone cases,

You seem like a really bad idea. Why would I want to carry my phone, metrocard, credit cards, and money in my hand? I think I'll stick to the old phone cases that just hold phones. That's enough of a risk for me. Thanks.

Signed,
Perplexed by the popularity

Dear L,

You need to get your act together. You've slacked off previously in college but you can't afford to do it again, monetarily or academically. If you don't put in the work, your folks will stop supporting your tuition and you're gonna end up working at McDonald's for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,
A friend.

Dear,

It's not your fault. All of us received the same test paper. It was just that, you are more observant that you noticed the differences in the choices. You saw the pattern, we didn't, it's not your fault. However, you can't deny that it is unfair for us who have tried really hard to solve the problems. You can't blame those who appealed to the administration to ask for a retake, because the reality is, it is unfair. However, I'm not blaming you for noticing the pattern. It's not like you cheated. You were lucky, we're not. Now let's stop making a big issue out of this. It's not your fault, it's not our's too. If there's someone to be blamed, then blame the person who printed and photocopied the questionnaires. He was careless for photocopying the test paper which contains the answer. While the output was in black and white, of course, since the original color of the answer was in red, it will still appear different once photocopied. It's not the students' fault. Now school admin, fix this :)

Sincerely,
The student who failed to notice the pattern xD

Dear you,

I think I expected too much. We want different things, and I doubt it would work out either way.
So, I'll just look elsewhere. :)

Sincerely,
~ The girl who tried

dear so called friends.
I spent all last year building you up when you felt insufficient or when you felt insecure. so why oh why are you, when i am in that position, ripping my confidence to shreds and making me feel even more insecure than ever. making me spend the evening in tears and then get a lecture from my parents
well thank you that is exactly what i needed after a long long week

the girl who was never quite as smart or quick as you.

Dear C
can what happens on placement stay on placement. What good is commenting on a mistake i made to a group of friends do on a saturday night? It is the one day i don't have to think about placement. and i cant do anything to fix it until monday anyway.
your not really coworker.
m

Dear A,

You don't need to keep it all to yourself. You're not alone and you will never be a burden, not to me. I may not understand everything that you're going through, but know that I'm always ready to lend you a hand and a shoulder to cry on. It's not a bad life. You'll make it. We'll make it. We always do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back