Daydream Charm

Realizing that she was sitting on the lawn, Sophia quickly sat up straight and put a blank expression on her face. "We were using a daydream charm, and...it was very strange." Sophia's gaze moved to focus onto nothing in particular, her thoughts still lingering on what had happened. Was it a dream?

Estrella grabbed Sophia's hands, trying to calm her down. "I've seen strange, don't worry." Her gaze was stern. "You can spill it. I won't think you're crazy." Her eyes did not betray the truth either; she meant it.

Sophia was snapped back to the present as she felt Estrella's hands on her, her gaze returning to Estrella. She began to speak, her voice soft and a bit dazed. "Well, we were in a field of daisies, but the daisies turned grey. And then, out of nowhere, we were inside a stone room, with a big set of doors. We walked through the doors and there was a meeting going on, only everyone was frozen. Liz said they were Death Eaters, but my father was there. I saw a bell, and without knowing why I hit it with a hammer. This turned out to be a bad idea, because the people came to life."

Estrella's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean, came to life? All of the Death Eaters?"
And that must mean my father, she thought. But does Sophia know about that?

She was quite confused, but after the events in her life lately, she was ready to believe anything.

"Yes, they unfroze. Liz and I hid, but they found us. They did not seem surprised when they found Liz, but they did not seem to be expecting me. In fact, they asked me where you were," Sophia said, suddenly remembering that as she said it, looking at Estrella in confusion.

Estrella bit her lip, and then looked at Sophia. She was still amazed that this had happened. After a moment's silence, she replied, "That's because they had Liz and I trapped for the majority of summer break."

She looked at Sophia with a serious expression. "Those nutjobs think that we're included in some prophecy. And we're not alone," she smiled weakly, "You see, summer was when I found out that my father was a death eater too."

She shook her head. "I still don't understand how it could have happened. You guys were sent to a death eater meeting because of treats? I don't think even George Weasely could create a candy that powerful. There has to be something behind it."

Sophia listened to what Estrella was saying in utter shock. She had so much wanted to believe that it was all merely a dream. "But, my father is not a Death Eater. He cannot be," she said, seeming to gain some of her normal seriousness back. "The Death Eaters have been gone for years, since before we were born." She could still see the events that had happened in her head, but she very much did not want to believe that her father was a Death Eater.

Estrella's eyes widened, and she looked at Sophia. She did not know what to say. She herself had been willing to accept the fact of her father because he had been gone for ten years. But Sophia just had the truth hurled upon her, about a man that she had grown up trusting all of her life.

Estrella bit her lip, and replied, "I wasn't there with you guys, so I can't really say anything. But the death eaters are starting up again, Sophia. I don't think they ever really went away. They were just being quiet."

Sophia considered Estrella's words, musing over them in her head. "He was not acting like my father. He did in some ways, but he was much more harsh, more cruel." She looked away from Estrella, gazing at the grass. How can this be happening?

Putting her hands on Sophia's shoulders, Estrella stared into her eyes with determination. "We're going to be okay, Sophia," she muttered. "All is not lost. And no matter what happens, all three of us are around to back each other up. Right Liz?" she looked over at their friend, who was still dazed. "Damned death eaters," she cursed under her breath.

Turning her golden eyes back to Estrella, Sophia took a deep breath in and nodded shakily as she let it out. She was still resisting accepting that her father was a Death Eater. She was so sure it could not be true. Although, it did seem to fit, Sophia still fought it.

"Although, seeing my father was not the strangest part of it. Their spells did not affect us. And, Liz's grandfather's hair randomly set on fire."

Estrella sniggered. "I would've liked to see that, the git," she muttered under her breath. "But that's really weird."
She sighed. "During the summer, though, I exploded all the punch bowls at the dinner table. I don't know.. I just got, really mad."

"I was furious when it happened. I was staring at him...and then my father turned me around, so that I could not see." Sophia was saying all of this as she thought it, putting the pieces together. Her gaze had fell from Estrella, and she suddenly looked back up to her. "I believe I might have done it," she said in a whisper.

"But it doesn't make any sense," Estrella mused. "Although nothing really makes sense to me anymore." She looked up at Sophia. "It's highly probable that you did do it."

"That is the only reason I can see as to why my father would turn me around like he did. Although, I cannot understand how I could do something like that." Sophia looked back down toward the ground, still trying to come to terms with what had happened.

"Or how he would know about it." Estrella's expression darkened, and she added, "I believe that your father has been hiding way more secrets from you than just being a death eater, Sophia."

Sophia looked back to Estrella, her expression slightly bothered. "How do we know this was even real? It was a Daydream Charm, a daydream. It cannot be real," she said, seeming more as if she were trying to convince herself rather than Estrella.

"Beats me," Estrella replied, shrugging her shoulders. "All I know is, you guys scared the bejesus out of me."

"Sorry," Sophia said in a sincere voice, looking down with a sad expression.

"It's alright," Estrella sighed. "Although I'd keep quiet about it, Sophia." She lowered her voice. "I have told Professor King and Kaela, and I think that Liz has told George. Otherwise, no one knows about it." She sighed. "I told King because I wanted private lessons. He was very reluctant to give them to me though. I had to spill everything."

Sophia nodded, quite content with not telling anyone about this. But then, an idea came to her. "I am going to go speak with Professor King," she said as she stood, suddenly seeming much more confident and like herself.

"Alright. I'll stay here with Liz if that's okay." She looked over. Liz was still pulling out of her daze.

"Yes, that would be best. Be sure that she gets plenty of rest and does not attempt to do anything strenuous," Sophia said in a stern voice before turning and walking away from the two girls, heading up toward the castle.

Estrella looked at Liz as Sophia left, her expression worried. "Are you going to be okay, hun?" she asked Liz.

Liz was still staring straight ahead. The momentary joy of seeing Garett again faded, and she blinked. The rest of her remained unmoving.

"We really aren't getting rid of them," her eyes coated with a slight shine, and she turned to Estrella, "are we?" It was more of a statement than a question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back