Daydream Charm

Elizabeth Malfoy

Liz wandered down to an out-of-the-way patch of lawn with one of her two daydream charms.

She pulled out a blanket and laid it on the lawn.

She sat down on it, waiting for Sophia.

Having agreed to meet Liz, Sophia traveled outside to the grounds, carrying her overstuffed bag on her shoulder. She spotted Liz and walked over to her, sitting down beside her on the blanket. After placing her bag beside her and flipping her long black hair behind her shoulder, Sophia looked to Liz with a slightly more softened expression than was usual for her. "Hello Liz. how are you today?" While waiting for a response, Sophia situated herself on the blanket so that she was sitting with her legs bent beneath her and off to her left.

Liz stretched, and looked a bit less disheveled than usual. She'd even sat through all of breakfast that morning. And had a full nights sleep.

"Pretty good! How about you?" she grinned. "All set and ready to enjoy a daydream?"

"I am decent, thank you. Although I could definitely enjoy some relaxation. Before we begin though, I must ask you something. My parents will be coming to visit at the end of term, and mother has requested to meet some of the people I associate with. I was wondering if you would be willing to meet them?" Sophia looked to Liz, trying not to show the nervousness on her face as she awaited her answer.

Liz's grin spread. "Of course! I'd love to." she was flattered that Sophia had asked. Liz hadn't actually talked with Sophia all that much, but from the times they had, Liz could easily conclude that she liked Sophia.

Not to mention, she worked in the hospital wing. With Liz's knack for getting into tough spots, they were bound to see each other loads there as well.

They also seemed to share a distaste for Herbology- but that might just have been Liz's imagination.

Sophia gave Liz a rare, soft smile as she agreed, with she soon wiped from her face. Sophia did not talk much with many people, but Liz was one she had spoken with more, and she had been comfortable with Liz. She recalled patching up Liz's wounds in the Hospital Wing, and wondered how many more times they would encounter each other in there. Sophia had also noticed that Liz seemed to detest Herbology nearly as much as she did.

"Now, about this daydream. How exactly does it work?"

Liz bit her lip. "Well... that should be half the fun. I have no clue how it works." she looked at the cupcake-shaped charm. "I think we both have to touch it, and then it activates when we're both willing it to. Then we just start.... daydreaming." she held it out and put it on the blanket. "I'm game when you are." she touched it with her finger gently.

((feel free to godmod me during this, if it seems appropriate))

Sophia looked to Liz and then to the charm. After a deep breath in, she touched the charm gently with her fingertips, letting out her breath as she did so. Sitting there, Sophia wondered what would happen, when suddenly the scene around her began shifting. She and Liz were no longer sitting on a blanket on the lawn of Hogwarts, but instead in a field filled with daisies as far as they eye can see. Blinking her golden eyes, Sophia looked around to take in the beauty of the sunny field, noticing that her head had actually moved. It was as if they were actually inside of the daydream. In looking at her hand, she discovered that it was not touching the charm, but instead the soft green grass. Sophia looked to Liz, wondering if it had worked for her in the same way.

((Let me know if you wish to change anything.))

Liz looked around in wonder. It was beautiful. Hundreds, thousands, a countless amount of small daisies, as far as the eye can see.

Liz leaned forward into the grass, and picked two daisies, beginning a daisy chain. She continued working, and turned to Sophia, beaming. "It's beautiful in here. I think I might buy George's entire stock!"

Once the chain was about six inches long, she gestured for Sophia to hold out her wrist.

((I like it :D ))

Sophia smiled slightly, glad that no one but Liz was around to see her right now. Her golden eyes had been scanning the scene with they came across Liz and her daisy chain. Seeing Liz gesturing for her to hold out her wrist, Sophia extended her left wrist to Liz, actually enjoying this.

((The same goes for you, you may godmod whatever seems appropriate.))

Liz smiled, and attatched it to Sophia's wrist. She almost didn't want to ruin the silent beauty, so she continued smiling while she started another matching one for herself.

"Why thank you," Sophia said toward Liz once the daisy chain was around her wrist. Holding her wrist out delicately, she admired the beauty of it, recalling how she had done the same thing when she was much younger.

As she was looking at her wrist, Sophia thought she saw something moving in the distance. She put her arm at her side and stared out at the field, searching for something, anything. Looking to Liz, Sophia asked, "did you see something move?"

Liz had just finished making and attaching her own chain, when she looked up. "I don't think s-" she was cut off, as she looked in the distance, and saw the scenery turning gray. And it was slowly creeping up on them. "I see it too." she looked worried as the daisies began to lose their color, and it was slowly reaching their vicinity.

Noticing Liz's sudden change, Sophia looked out to where she had been looking previously. A worried expression washed over her face as the gray began consuming the entire scene. She stood and looked around, seeing that the gray was coming in from all sides. "What do you think is happening?" she asked Liz, still looking at the approaching grayness.

Liz bit her lip. "Well... it's a daydream charm. Hopefully it'll just go away. Or be just as beautiful in... gray." she watched the coming wave of... whatever it was.

Liz pulled out her wand. "Just in case, let's be prepared."

Sophia pulled out her wand as well and looked around, worried. The flowers all around them were turning gray, and off in the distance something different was happening. The flowers were disappearing altogether and the ground was turning into what appeared the be gray stone. The stoned moved much more quickly than the grayness, and they both were soon standing in what turned out to be a gigantic stone chamber.

Walls had appeared, shaping the chamber as a rather long rectangle. Soon after, a ceiling appeared, leaving them in total darkness. Before either of them could utter lumos, torches had appeared on the walls, already lit. Sophia turned to Liz, her golden eyes glowing in the flickering firelight. "I do not believe I like this."

"Do you suppose we should take a look around? I do not believe standing here will do us any good."

Liz nodded. "Right you are." she looked around, and ornate double-doors seemed to appear at the end of the corridor. She pulled out her wand and motioned to Sophia. "What to you think? Should we knock, or just go on through?"

Sophia looked toward the double doors that had appeared, her golden eyes staring intently at them as she spoke. "I say we go on through. This is our daydream after all." With that Sophia walked purposefully toward the doors, figuring Liz would follow.

Liz nodded and followed. She wasn't sure which was stronger- her fear or excitement.

"I wonder what we'll find. I hope it's something pleasant. Chocolates sound good right about now..." she grinned, walking right up next to Sophia.

Sophia stopped in front of the large oak doors, her eyes searching them as if she would suddenly be able to see through them. "Chocolate does sound pleasing right now. But I suppose we have no way of finding out unless we open them."

Stepping slightly closer to the doors, Sophia put her hands on the middle of them and pushed. she was quite surprised with the ease at which the doors swung open. The now open doors revealed another dark stone chamber, with the same lit torches around the walls. There was no chocolate to be seen, however there was an assortment of people, mostly men, standing around a large, rectangular wooden table. The most odd part was that none of the people were moving. They looked to be in the middle of a discussion of sorts, but they were all completely still, as if frozen in time.

Sophia looked to Liz, wondering if she found this quite odd as well.

Liz looked into the room and gaped. Not chocolate. The farthest thing from it, in fact.

There was a huge assortment of people crowded around a table, many of which Liz unfortunately recognized.

A variety of people were scattered around the table, including Arcturus. Lief, Tristan, Lissandra, and several others were on the left side of the table. Someone she didn't recognize was at the head, along with her grandfather, Lucius. The right side consisted of Vladmir and Garett. She swallowed her fear and hatred of the former, and her eyes widened at the site of Garett.

Liz tore her eyes away from him, and turned to Sophia to see what her reaction was.

Sophia saw Liz's reaction and decided that it was not a good sign. Sophia's face revealed mostly confusion. "Do you know who these people are?" she asked before turning back to the gathering of people.

Deciding that she wanted a closer look, Sophia stepped toward the table so as to see their faces more clearly, waiting for Liz's response.

Sophia stopped suddenly upon hearing Liz's words, unsure of what to think. "Death Eaters?" she asked, wondering why Liz would know something like that. Despite this fact, Sophia continued forward, still wanting to get a better look at them. She walked around one side of the table, wanting to get a look at those on the other side. Her heart skipped a beat as she stopped very suddenly, a gasp escaping her lips. Standing there before her was a man, his right hand placed firmly upon the table, his left in the air, mouth open as if in a heated discussion. As she knew him, he normally wore a very calm and composed expression. That expression was gone and replaced with one of intense anger.

leo_dicaprio1_300_400.jpg

Sophia turned back to Liz, a look of shock evident on her face. "How...how do you know these are Death Eaters?" she asked, needing to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back