Closed Covering Our Hearts With New Tattoos

Casper chuckled again, giving Linden another bite of their dinner. He looked bashful as Lin pulled back, relieved when Linden seemed to understand what he'd been saying. He smiled shyly, taking a long sip of his drink. "I love you, Linden. Really, I do." He peeked up at the man. "And I'm sorry that I get overwhelmed, and that I don't know myself better, and that I'm holding back even though you give me so much," He sighed, looking guilty.

Linden nodded as cas said that he loved him. I know cas. I have never doubted that. I love you too. he said you don’t need to apologise for being you. Because you is who I love he said as the conversation drives back into the usual small talk of dinner as they ate.
Once they were done with their main the waitress brought out dessert. A simple dish of fruit with vanilla ice cream on top. He wasn’t sure if it was because she had been watching them or if they were meant or share it but there was one bowl and two spoons. It was nice and refreshing.
Without thinking lin loaded up the last of it, a spoon lice cream and lychee and held it out to cas letting him have it before checking the time glad that they weren’t too far behind schedule. The waitress came over and asked if they wanted their coffees please may we get them take away? he asked if they waited for the coffee they would be late but if they left soon they would be on time ”so casopiller. Do you want to know where we are going next? he asked a cheeky grin on his face.

The rest of the dinner went wonderfully. Cas stayed close to Linden, trading bites and just enjoying the closeness and privacy of the night. He smiled as they finished eating, turning to Linden as they waited for the coffee to come. "Sure I do. Where are we going?" He asked, tracing his fingers in absent patterns over Lindens arm. "Moonlit stroll along a beach?" He guessed with a cheeky grin, leaning in to press a kiss to the mans jaw.

Linden enjoyed dinner he had a feeling like casper was approaching something. some kind of breakthrough. but like he had said he would let cas take it at his own pace, and not puch him. instead he was just enjoying the date with him. with all her seven-year-old wisdom Ivy had been right they should really have more dates. he smiled at Caspers suggestion. "We could do that after if you want to, it certainly sounds more romantic than what i have planned" he said smiling as he felt caspers lips on his jaw, something he found very hard to ignore. "I managed to get us an appointment at Keystone Ink. so we could get the tattoos started" he said. he knew they would be unlikely to be able to get them both complete tonight. but they would at least be able to get some of the linework down, he said reaching his fingers ot rest on the area where he imagined cas would have his nine pointed snowflake.

Casper chuckled. It did sound rather nice. But he wanted to know where they were actually going first. His eyes widened as Linden told him their secret destination, his jaw dropping slightly. "Lin!" He couldn't help the shy, astonished smile that crossed his lips. "I haven't gotten my first commission yet," He countered. "I thought we were waiting," He murmured, bringing his hand up to cover Lindens lightly against his collar bone.

Linden couldn't help but smile at Caspers expression. If only he had the camera out. The smile the disbelief. it seemed like he was filling both sides of the adage go big or go home with the date tonight it was a big date and he hoped he would go home after. And by home, he meant the home he shared with cas and not his parents' house. He smiled back. The kind of smile that came from holding a secret for a while and finally having everything fall into place. "we never agreed on that only that we wouldn't get them straight away. I got my first pay slip from the sanctuary. And I wanted to spend it on something nice. so that is what is funding tonight" he said. His dad had said that you should spend your first payslip on something memorable, it was the pay after that that were for sensible things. And what was more memorable than a date and tattoos? "Besides I wanted them, and you designed them. I should contribute to them too" he said as he felt Casper's hand on top of his. He leaned forwards and kissed him first on the top of his fingers and then lightly on his lips. "are you ready to go?" he asked offering cas his hand. They could pay and get their coffee on the way out.

Casper chuckled happily, kissing Linden back easily. "You little sneak," he murmured fondly. "Alright, yeah, let's go." He agreed, letting Linden pull him to his feet. They got their coffee and paid for dinner easily enough, before heading out into the cool night air. Casper sighed, leaning his head against Lins for a moment as they walked before straightening. "It's lovely out tonight," He commented, taking a sip of his drink.

Linden chuckled as cas called him a sneak suppressing a sly grin. "I tried my best" he said. giving caspers hand a squeeze. he paid and picked up his coffee taking a sip and appreciating how sweet it was.
they stepped outside and as they has left the warm light of the restaurant he felt cas pause and felt his head against his. he let go of his hand and instead put his arm around his waist. before peering up at him "It really is. the perfect night for that beach walk later if you want to he said. they stepped into a side street and he looked up "okay so to wellington one two three" he said before turning on the spot and navigating them accross the country.

Casper chuckled. "Of course, that sounds lovely," He agreed, nodding his head. He stepped closer as Linden mentioned apparating, shutting his eyes and letting his boyfriend move them. He opened them again once they'd stilled, letting Linden lead the way, and before long Linden was sitting in a chair with his shirt off and the artist starting in on his collar bone. Cas sat in a chair next to him, offering out his hand for Linden to hold.

Linden felt the land under his feet again and found himself in a back street in wellington. he led the way holding caspers hand running his thumb over his wrists. soon they arrived at a small shopfront of the studio. "you dont have to get it if you dont want to?" he said to cas before he opened the door. the lady at the studio was young and he was greatful that she worked evenings. "we have two bookings under cullen" he said soon they were in the studeo and caspers book was out on the desk, He let Cas and Avaria talk about the design and the colour. soon he was on the chair topless casper next to him holding his hand and the lady was leaning towards him as the gun made contact with his skin he tensed slightly before making himself relax. he looked to cas and opened his mouth to say something whitty but couldnt think of what to say so he just smiled and let go of cas to brush his hair out of his face before taking his hand again.

Casper rolled his eyes playfully at Linden. "Stop worrying," He scolded gently. Once they were settled in, he laced their fingers together, smiling as Linden brushed his hair back. "Does it hurt?" He asked Linden, looking to see Ava moving at a steady pace over Linden's chest, inking the skin. "I know you'll look amazing. But are you alright?" He fretted, looking back to his boyfriend.

linden let out a small gasp as ava moved over a sensitive area. and looked up at cs focusing on him and not what ever else was going on. at caspers question he paised for a second then shook hos head. "it's fine" he said though the factthat he was so tense and biting his lip and he could feel a slight stining of tears in his eyes which told a different story. a few minutes passed before cas asked again. "Of course it will look amazing, it's your art. but I defiantly preferred it with the paintbrush" he said. looking at the lady. it was partially because the paintbrush hurt a lot less than the gun but also it was a nice sort of intimacy when cas had painted him. whereas having a stranger do it felt a little weird. Maybe this wasn't the best of date ideas, sorry " he said hoping dinner had made up for this.

Casper chuckled, reaching out and turning Lindens face back to him. "Hey, I'm right here," He murmured, brushing his thumb over Lindens cheek bone. "This is a good date." He promised. "I get to take care of you for once." Cas teased. "Now, focus on me. Why don't you tell me about the sanctuary? I want to hear about everything you've done at work this week," Cas tried to coax Lindens attention to stay on him, brushing his thumb in gentle circles against Lindens face.

Linden felt Caspers fingers light on his face and just that touch was enough to distract him from the sensation on his collar. hey that’s my catch phrase he joked. Smiling before He listened to Caspers words and smiled softly I am glad that you are enjoying it. but buttercup. I was the one to bring you on this date. It was all my idea. You shouldn’t have to look after me” he said. Biting his lip and Thinking of how he seemed to have a lower pain tolerance than a lot of people. In quidditch if he got hit by a bludger it’s really hurt and he was the keeper. It was usually a stray one or a hit that missed the intended target. He actually didn’t k is how willow or Lucas or the other seekers kept going. He nodded as cas asked him about work at the moment I I’m on chief poop duty. You would be supprised at how much poop the animals can produce. And how much they eat, I guess they are related. But on Tuesday I got so see a swooping evil hatch which was special he said. Suitably distracted from the work.

Casper chuckled softly, pleased to see his plan working. "Hey, it's nice to look out for you, too, every now and then," He murmured, brushing Lindens hair back. He listened to Linden go on, keeping his fingers running a circuit on Lindens face. "A swooping evil hatch?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly. "What animal is that?" He inquired, hoping that getting Lin into the details would help things go quicker. Cas glanced down, seeing that the outline itself was almost halfway done. Ava was fairly skilled, it seemed, her work looked steady and flowed well.

linden looked at cas the confusion on his face. "You are enjoying it? like looking after me?" he asked. he really shouldn't be confused by the statement after all he liked looking after cas. but it was different. it was just the way they had always fallen ever since first year. he nodded as cas repeated a swooping evil hatch. he realised unless you knew what a swooping evil was that combination of words made no sense. to many verbs, or was it adjectives and not enough nouns. 'Yes a swooping evil is a sort of big bat butterfly creature native to Borneo they hang from branches in green cocoons but when they fly they look like butterflies with bat heads and are rather quite beautiful." he said. "they are venomous and the venom is used in memory potions. Unfortunately we can't display them properly due to their diet." he said. it was a shame about their name. people got ideas about them because of their names and diets. but they weren't as evil as they sounded.
he noticed casper looking at the progress that was making realising that talking about the creature he had completely forgotten about his discomfort. "how does it look?" he asked. not wanting to move and look at it for fear of moving. "are you going okay Ava? let me know if I need to change position or anything" he said. feeling bad for talking to cas while she was working on him. and not including her in any of the conversation and basically just ignoring her as much as one could ignore someone drawing on you with a fine needle.

Casper chuckled, running his thumb over Lindens cheek. "I am, and yes. It's nice to turn the tables on you every now and then," He teased gently, brushing his thumb under Lindens eye to catch a tear. He listened easily as Linden talked about the animal. He looked over to Ava as Linden spoke to her, chuckling and turning Lindens head back to him. "Love, don't pester her. You know how I get with my projects. She's lost in her art, let her be." He smiled, tracing his fingers over Lindens jaw. "It looks good. She's almost finished with the outlining, I'm expecting she'll move to colors soon." He promised. "Why don't you tell me about your favorite animals at the sanctuary?"

Linden Knew Casper said that he loved him. that he meant everything to him. and that was one of the reasons why he had made sure to give him space. he wasn't deserving of such devotion. and while he did enjoy looking after cas he was sort of surprised at the notion cas may enjoy looking after him. he felt cas brush a tear from his face, a tear that he didn't even realise he had shed. he raised his hand to rest on top of caspers for a long second before moving it away. "Don't get too used to it Buttercup. you will be in the chair soon" he said putting on his usual bravado. before pausing to let down his guard. "but if you want I can try and give you more chances to" he said. after caspers talk earlier about feeling like he wasn't giving anything and this maybe he should let cas care form more. when cas scalded him about pestering Ava he shook his head. "I wasn't bugging her. I was making sure she didn't need me to move. unlike most of your canvases hers has a ability to move on its own intentionally or not." he said before looking over at cas watching him watch Ava drawing. "I'm glad it looks good." he said. leaning his head towards caspers couch and reaching out towards cas "I can't pick any favourites. I like them all" he said. "How about instead you ashould tell me about your week, or maybe you should move a little closer" he asked. his eyes flicking to caspers lips and back to his face. practically asking for a kiss

Casper chuckled. "Yes, but I also have a higher pain tolerance than you." He countered, squeezing Lindens hand gently. Ava had sat up from Linden, offering them both a smile as she collected the colors. "I would like more chances to, yes," He agreed, cupping Lindens face in his hand. "If she needs you to move, love, she'll tell you. Ava went to school with us, you know. Remember Vader Hume? He ran Accio for a while, they were four years above us I think. I never knew them personally, but Ava was an avid artist, and she had a reputation for keeping him in line." Casper chuckled.

He smiled at Lindens words, and as Ava moved away to get situated, he leaned in and stole a quick kiss. He situated himself again, shifting enough that he could rub his hand along Lindens arm. "My mother wants me to go to lunch with her later this week, she's invited you along, too." He told Linden. "And I'm still waiting to hear from my agent, he says there's something big in the works coming very soon. I'll tell you as soon as I know." He promised, reaching up to stroke Lindens hair gently.

Linden raised his eyebrow a higher pain tolerance? Says who? he asked. Though he had an idea that cas was right. He listened as cas described Ava from school four years that was willows year right. No hang on the year below. I didn’t really know anyone from that year he said trying to remember who was on the quidditch team at the time but not calling any names to mind.
mas cas moved closer he kissed him back taking the moment of reprice from the tattoo to lean in a little towards cas. that kiss made it all better he said pecking him again before sitting back on the chair. turning around as cas said that his mum wanted him to have lunch and had invited him to come with ”that would be nice. I think I am off on Thursday but working Saturday. Or if that doesn’t work we could have her over for dinner he said as Ava returned and started back to work. "Ooh, do we have updates on the gallery? Have you seen the space yet? he asked enjoying the feel of Caspers fingers in his hair to the point that he hardly noticed the tatto gun starting again.

Casper chuckled. "Says me," He teased. He chuckled as Linden spoke about not knowing people. "I heard of people, usually. Ava was a great artist, I saw a few of her pieces." He smiled, running a hand through his hair. "It was a small school, Lin. Ava is best friends with the Michaels twins, and Sapphire dated Noelle, Willow's ex, but they broke it off because he couldn't get past Willow but now Noelle is a Professor at the school and has a thing for Ava, and Sapphire was the Slytherin Co-Captain with that boy Blake Irons." Casper blushed, hesitating a moment. "I thought Blake and Lars were awfully romantic," He admitted quietly. "That's probably why I know so much. Lars is best friends with Ava's cousin, Lily, and Lily's little sister Rose is dating Lars' little sister Iris. You should remember her twin sister, Emma, she was the one that got petrified by Lysanders' basilisk." Casper winced at the mention of it.

"Sorry..." He apologized gently. Casper knew he could ramble on about the weirdest things sometimes. He smiled, though, as Linden stole another kiss, letting his hand drift up to play with Lindens hair as he settled in again. "I'll text her later and ask when she's available so we can set things up." He nodded slightly, thinking over the week. He smiled as Linden asked about the gallery, shaking his head. "I haven't heard yet, but he's hinting that it's going to be big," He told Lin. "I haven't been told about the venue yet, but he's telling me I'll want at least another dozen paintings so it's got to be big."

Linden nodded his expression softening. "then it must be true" he said.
as casper started to list everyones relationships he tried to keep up but he got caught up with one point. he recognised a few of the names. but shouldn't be able to tell anyone much about the person other than what house they were in and if they played quidditch. "So Ava is Dating my sisters Ex?" he said finding the shortest link between them. not sure if he felt reassured about this fact or not. he did like noe. and he had even spent some time with him after he had come back to teach. but there was something about him being his sisters exe that was just a little uncomfortable.
he chuckled as casper apologised. "you don't need to apologise. but man you know every one" he said. it was weird he had always thought that somehow he had become popular but he realised he hadn't really known many people outside of his quidditch team and circle of friends "Yes let me know and I will try my best to be there" he said. he had not worked long enough at the sanctuary to ask to switch shifts around for things even if it was his aunt who ran it. but he would do what he could to spend time with his buttercups mum. at the news of the gallery lindens jaw dropped. "Twelve new paintings? when for? that is a lot. am I going to have to move in for a while to make sure that you are actually eating and sleeping" he said. making light of the situation though he knew that when cas got focused he would often just not eat or sleep. or if he couldn't focus he could get very stressed, plus he was hoping that he would say yes so he had a reason to stay at the apartment solidly for a while.

Casper shook his head. "No, I don't think they're involved, but I'm pretty sure Noelle likes her," He offered, peeking to the woman. She seemed to engrossed in her work to even hear what they were saying. He chuckled at Lindens comment. "Not really, I just listen to school gossip." He countered. "Her youngest cousin, Rose, she used to play her guitar in the arts room. She wasn't much of a gossip, but her brother Ren was," He mused, taking Lindens hand between both of his.

He nodded at Lindens words, bringing Lindens hand up to press a kiss to it. "A dozen more, yes." He paused at Lindens question and chuckled. "Now now, don't tease me," He smiled, reaching up to brush Lindens hair back. "But you know me well, starting tomorrow afternoon I'll be busy not sleeping for who knows how long," He laughed lightly, shaking his head. "I would appreciate it if you'd stop in and feed the cat, you know how I get lost."

Linden wasn’t sure what to make of the information. He knew he shouldn’t be surprised and that willow was well and truly over him but it was still a bit of a suprise and he wondered if willow knew. If she needed to know. no. You just so awesome you know everything about everyone he teased as Ava returned and started again working on his skin and he was glad it did t seem to hurt so much now. Or maybe he was used to it. Or maybe it was just Caspers hands working their magic.
He rolled his eyes as cas told him not to tease him. I wasn’t teasing you. It was a serious, not threat but, well a threat" he said shaking his head causing his hair to fall back out of place. and you saying things like that definitely makes me more inclined to come over feed casper and lapis and make sure that cas is taking care of himself, eating, showering and sleeping. Because that is what a good.. boyfriend does" he said his eyes serious. His mind had stuttered for a second almost putting a different word in the space of boyfriend. A word that it was definitely too early to be thinking. "so are you still wanting to go for a beach walk after this. Or do I need to take you home to ensure that you get at least one night of sleep, and I can make the most of having you next to me? he said, knowhing that if he was saying it was something he wanted cas would be more likely to actually get some sleep

Last edited:
Casper chuckled lightly, looking down to the tattoo. "Seeing as how you're almost done, I say we switch places in a minute, I get my tattoo, then we go for that walk on the beach and then eventually head home to cuddle and sleep, hm?" Cas smirked impishly. "Though I might want to cuddle your other side for the next week or so," He teased, nodding towards Lindens raw tattoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back