Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
After a rather unconventional invitation to dinner, Casper had gotten a touch overwhelmed, and had retreated to his bedroom. He'd been organizing his studio after finishing up a project when Linden had called. Now, he was curled up on his oversized bean bag chair, hidden under a pile of lighter blankets. His knees to his chest, Casper had curled in on himself, eyes shut as he tried to calm himself down. It wasn't that being asked on a date was a bad thing- he and Linden were dating. But it was so often that Casper fell into the habit of just... seeing it as an extension of their previous relationship. Sure, they were a couple, and there was more kissing involved, but Linden was still his best friend.

When Linden was so blatantly romantic like that, it just... flustered Cas. He remembered a time when he was younger, when he had been an absolute hopeless romantic. But Casper had been forced to grow up, and he'd set aside his belief in romance years ago. Before he'd even given up on love, even, probably when he'd given up and fought back his need for affection. He didn't mean to, but often times he treated his relationship with Linden like it was still that same friendship they'd always had, just... with some added benefits. He groaned, covering his face with his hands. This was silly, wasn't it? Linden was his boyfriend, Casper shouldn't be getting so flustered at Linden simply acting like a boyfriend.

Linden had been working at the menagerie for two weeks now. his days had been busy. And there was a lot of learning. Just because he was working with friends and family did not mean they were coming easy on him. not that he wanted them to. it had been a few days ago that Casper had also heard that he had got his first gallery showing. the two achievements were more than enough to warrant a date night. He had just received his first paycheck and his dad had always said that you should use your first paycheck on something memorable. and that was going to be part of tonight's date.
He had booked them a table at a new vegetarian muggle restaurant nearby that had been getting some good reviews. it wasn't a fancy place. but it was food with heart and had a funky and homely sitting area. he had also made them another appointment for later it was a surprise and he just hoped that cas was ready for it. he finished work, went him showered to wash the dragon dung off him, and dressed nicely before styling his hair making sure that he looked good before operating over to caspers.
he reached the apartment and knocked on the door. waiting for a moment there was no answer so he took the key from his pocket and made his own way inside. "Cas, Are you there?" he asked. looking around downstairs, checking the sitting room, as was the kitchen, studio and barthroom before climbing the ladder to the bedroom. "Casper, Buttercup" he said, not sure where he was as the bedroom was empty too. it was then that he heard a noise from the corner by the beanbag. and the pile of blankets on it did seem to be working. he crouched down next to it and put his hand ontop of the blanket on what he hoped was a shoulder or something but in reality could be anywhere. 'Hey, Casopiller. Are you okay?" he asked gently.

Casper had been lost in thought, not paying attention, and he froze when he felt a touch. Lindens voice cut through the silence, and Casper relaxed. He didn't immediately respond, instead rising from the blankets. Well, the blankets rose with him. And enveloped Linden, pulling him down onto the bean bag chair where Casper curled on top of him, burying his face in Lindens neck. He hummed absently, shutting his eyes and getting lost in Lindens familiar warmth. He wrapped up in the other man easily, relaxing further. Whatever Cas' mind was rambling about, this was familiar, and safe. This was home, curled up with Linden. He sighed contently, feeling a bit better already.

Linden felt a slight movement beneath his hand and then nothing for a few moments until the blankets began to rise into a cas-shaped tower that engulfed him and pulled him down onto the beanbag. "now this brings back memories" he said thinking about the first day they had moved in here. No, the first day cas had moved in here. as much as it felt like home to him it was Casper's place, not his.
As cas settled on top of him. he smiled and held him for a few minutes. He knew how much cas liked this. How much he liked this. In the soft light filtering through the blanket he saw how relaxed Casper looked he didn't want to disturb him, but he was seeming like he was settling in for a long hug and they had a schedule for tonight. "Casper Are you almost ready for dinner?" he whispered as though being quiet when he said it wouldn't quite break the magic of the cuddle.

Casper hummed in protest, nuzzling closer to Linden. "No," He sighed. "I- I'm sorry, Lin," He apologized gently, not bothering to move away in the slightest. "I got a little overwhelmed..." He admitted, trying to figure out how to word it. "I keep forgetting that we're dating... Like it still gets stuck in my head, thinking you're my best friend, just with more kissing and affection, and then you'll do something simple like ask me on a date and it just hits me again, like 'oh my god he likes me,'" Casper flushed, embarrassed, and hid his face impossibly further in Lindens neck.

Linden put held cas as he removed the blankets from over their heads part so that he could see cas better and part so that his hair wasn't a complete bead head after he had put the effort into styling it. "That's okay. but lets get you ready so we aren't late and have to rush dinner" he said. not really making much of a move to stand up. especially as cas started talking again. "Aww buttercup" he said brushing the blonde hair out of his face. he listened. and let out a weak smile not sure how to feel about it. it didn't seem like cas was saying he didn't want to date him. but they had been dating for ages now how could he keep forgetting? He wasn't sure what he could do. Would showing hos he loved him be even more overwhelming, but backing off would cause cas to worry. he leaned his head towards caspers so his cheek was against caspers as he started total his tone gentle and soft sure that this wasn't what cas was implying but saying it anyway. "you had better get used to it because I do like you cassopiller, i Like you, I love you, and I am in love with you. But all of that doesn't mean that you are not also my best friend. but, if you don't want us to be dating then please tell me, or say if I am being too much." he said his fingers stroking the back of Caspers's head. "now let's get you up and ready for dinner and, well, you'll see" he said this time shifting a little to try and get them moving.

Caspers heart both stopped and fluttered as Linden spoke. He whined slightly as Linden shifted, not ready to get up yet. "Linden," He whined again, shifting himself to kiss the other man firmly. He lingered, taking a deep breath and opening his eyes, meeting Lindens gaze. Casper blushed deeply, but tried not to waver. "Linden, listen," He almost pleaded, his hands falling to grasp at Lindens collar. "I- I am yours, completely, heart and soul, and I have been for a very long time," He hesitated, taking another deep breath before forcing himself to go on. "I just- I've never in all my life felt wanted," He admitted, his grip loosening and his eyes darting away. "It's... hard for me, sometimes, thinking- I don't understand... how you could love me," He managed a bit weakly, knowing how silly it sounded. He swallowed hard. "I swear, I am trying, it just... I..." He stammered, struggling to explain himself.

Linden had been fairly sure that wasn't what cas was meaning but as cas moved and kissed him with a feeling of certainly he was sure as he kissed him bacl even before cas started to talk. "and i am yours. so it is simple" he said. But as cas continued he held him a little tighter. "that is something else you will have to get used to. and not just me. you have Tara and Maisie, and Basil and Martene, and my family. you have a lot of people who love and want you. though I defiantly want you the most, I could tell you how but that would take too long and i wouldn't be able to find the words so you will just have to trust that i do" he said. shifting a little more. But as cas spoke again, he stopped, gently cupping Caspers chin "Oh buttercup. i know that you are trying. You don't need to apologise." he said before kissing him softly. "now let's get ready. hey, Maybe you can show me how the tattoo designs are coming on over dinner" he said adding the last bit as almost an afterthought. He knew cas had said before he wasn't allowed to peek but he needed to make sure that cas had got them finished. And part of him wanted to see the design before he had it permanently on his skin even though he was sure it would look perfect no matter what.

Casper leaned into Lindens' touch, shutting his eyes and savoring it a moment. He sighed at Lindens words, reaching a hand up to rest his fingers gently on the mans wrist. "I know, baby," He whispered, taking a few deep breaths and forcing himself to relax. He let Linden finish speaking, listening to the man. He nodded slowly at the mans words, standing and offering a hand to help Lin up. "Give me a little bit to get ready," He asked, before heading to the closet. He picked out something nice before heading to the bathroom to get ready, and fifteen minutes later he was freshened up. He stepped out, straightening his jacket. "Is this alright?" He asked, looking to Linden.

Linden smiled as caspers touch and words. whay did that word always make him smile. he nodded as cas stood up and said to give him some time to get ready. as he went into the bathroom and fixed up his hair.for a second until cas needed it. it wasn't long before cas emerged. "anything would be alright, you always look handsome. but this looks especially good on you" he said wrapping his arm around him. "are you ready?" he said.
he waited for confirmation before apperating them to a small cluster of trees in one of the parks in town. one of the better places they had found to apperate to. as it was just enough out of the way to not be noticed. "we are going to that new restaurant we wanted to try, the vegetarian asian one just around the corner." he said taking Caspers hand and starting to walk towards the path and the way out of the park pausing just before they left the shadows to lean in and whisper 'I love you" in his ear.

Casper grabbed his sketchbook before Linden came over, settling into the mans side easily and shutting his eyes. "You look nice, too," He returned, sighing happily. He let Linden apparate them, opening his eyes as they reached the park. He laced their fingers together, smiling shyly as the man whispered in his ear. "I love you too," He countered softly. "You sentimental fool," He added, holding his sketch pad against his side. "Dinner sounds nice." He agreed. He'd never considered going vegetarian until he and Linden had gotten serious, but Casper wasn't too fussed about it. "You're going to turn me yet," He teased, squeezing Lindens hand. Cas had already shifted to a more vegetarian diet, though he still ate seafood. "What is it called when you're only eating swimming food?" He asked, brow furrowing as he thought. "Epescopolitan?" He peeked at Linden, knowing he wasn't quite right but not remembering the proper word for it.

Lin smiled as cas whispered back that he loved him. he didn't say it because he wanted to hear it back. He said it because he wanted to say it and he wanted cas to know. When cas called him a sentimental fool he grinned. "I'm only a fool for you" he said, or rather sang. Lyrics from the song that cas had sung on their not date. He then grinned and continued quietly. Half talking half singing. A song he had listened to many times a song that always made him think of cas. And baby you're too good for me, But I don't fricking care at all, 'Cause I have hella feelings for you" he said stopping when he forgot what came next. by this time they are at the edge of the park and a chuckle was spreading across his face as he turned to look at cas.
He thought for a moment as cas asked his question. "swimming food would be a Pescetarian. but i do eat meat when i am staying at mum and dad's i just try and limit it, unless its around a full moon, so i guess it would be, umm what was the term flexitarian" he said. he wsn't a werewolf like his parents or tara. but even still each of his siblings had inherited some werewolf habits. he had found that he did crave meat around a full moon which hadn't been a problem in the past but he was finding it hard to suppress now.

Casper blushed furiously, giggling as Linden sang to him. "You sentimental fool," he whispered, pulling Linden in for a long kiss before answering his other statement. "Well if you'd rather just stay with me on the full moon." Casper offered. "Then you can just flexitarian your way into some fish with me." He smiled, squeezing Lindens hand in his.

By the time he had finished singing cas was laughing and he couldn’t help laughing too. Maybe I am. But I’m your sentimental fool” he managed to say before cas was kissing him. He kissed him back. Very conscious how exposed they were. He could almost feel the other people on the street watching them or averting their eyes. He didn’t mind. At least not much. Though he was glad that the street lighting would hide the warmth rising on his cheek. wow. The dates only just started and I get a kiss like that. I would say I should sing more often. But I doubt anyone wants that” he teased taking caspers hand again realising he had let go of it when they had kissed. I do stay with you those nights. They are the nights we often have ivy. But it isn’t that easy.”. he said. As they turned onto the street and he could see Pho Good Vietnamese lit up a little along the street. He gave Caspers hand a squeeze as they approached.

Last edited:
Casper laughed lightly at Lindens joke. "What can I say, you're charming," he quipped. He blinked as Linden corrected him. "Huh. Fair enough. Do you want to quit eating meat?" Casper asked, considering. He smiled whe. he noticed the restaurant, squeezing Lindens hand again. "I can help if you wanted to."

Linden felt the heat in his face intensify. As cas called him charming. He grinned and winked at cas not sure what was charming about his singing as cas was the one who could hold a tune not him.
He thought for a second on Caspers question I wanted to cut down on meat so I suppose once in a not so blue moon is okay he said squeezing Caspers hand back you’re always a help. But you don’t have to stop eating meat because of me” he said. He just felt weird spending his days looking after birds and other increadable animals only to go home and eat animals.
they entered the restaurant and it was lit by a ceiling full of lanterns in all colours and patterns. And the rest of the interia was well designed too. I’ve got a booking for two under cullen he said to the lady at the front. He squeezed Caspers hand as they were lead towards table before they sat down and were given the menus. aren’t those lanterns and the rest of the decor cool he said looking around

Casper shrugged easily at Lindens words, giving him a reassuring smile. "Lin, come on. We're in this together now. I'm not fussed about what I eat. If you want less meat in your diet, I support you. I like seafood better anyway." He smiled, though his attention turned quickly to the restaurant. He looked around with wide eyes, taking in the décor. It hit him again that this was a date, an honest to god date. He swallowed nervously, a blush heating his cheeks. He settled into his seat, smiling shyly at Linden. "It's pretty, I like it," He spoke, running his fingers gently over the sketchbook he held in his lap. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving. How about you?"

Linden smiled ”if you are sure. But don’t think that I am forcing you making you miss out on what you want he said. He watched cas look around smiling as the lanterns made his hair shine golden and the expression of sheer wonder on his face which was adorable I thought that you would like it he said looking around it really was well done the reviews had been right. ”i am certainly ready to eat too. And everything smells and looks delicious he said looking at the menu before looking at the other tables at what they were eating. realising he didn’t know much about Vietnamese food We can order dishes or get the set meal for two he said hoping to go with the set meal so he wouldn’t have to pick.

Casper rolled his eyes, smiling softly. "Sure, it's my idea but you're totally forcing me," He replied sarcastically, but warmly, giving Linden an almost flirty smirk. He tilted his head, considering the question. "Sure, we can totally get the set meal." He agreed, fiddling idly with his sketchbook. "Should we get something to drink, too? Maybe some booze?" He suggested, thinking a drink might help calm his nerves.

Linden looked at cas catching his eye then winked at him in reply to his comment and smirk. biting back a smirk of his own. it was fun flirting with cas. not even needing words to communicate. "oh good. i am glad we don't need to decide. i don't know what's what. and I don't want to miss out" he said. "Oh yes defiantly a dink. he said picking up a drinks menu. And flipping through until he found a cocktail list. he wasn't sure what each of the alcohols were. but if it was a cocktail, it would be sweet so he picked one by the name. "I think i will have a Saigon Sunrise" he said. it was well timed as the waitress was already coming over to them asking for their order. Was it his imagination or was she standing just a little bit closer than usual to cas? Smiling a little bit wider, and yes, that was defiantly a hair flick. he tried hard to suppress a grin. "Can we get the set meal for two. And can i have a Saigon sunrise please" he said Waiting for cas to order his drink and trying to catch his eye.

Casper chuckled at the mans words. "If we come here often enough, I'm sure then we'll have a chance to try out everything." He offered. "We could make it a thing, come here once a week, work our way through the menu." He mused. He nodded as Linden spoke, looking up just in time to see the waitress. She was acting a bit too friendly, and he smiled awkwardly, glancing to Linden and back. "I- er- um- I'll have the same," He stammered out, blushing furiously. She gave him a smile that seemed a bit too warm before walking away. Casper looked to Linden once she'd left, eyes wide, his cheeks stained a deep crimson. "Erm- that- I..." He stammered, before swallowing hard.

Linden smiled at Casper's comment. "if we like it we could defiantly make it a regular date spot" he said glad that cas seemed to be warming up to the idea that this was, actually a date. He was glad that Casper also seemed to be reacting to the waitress, and it wasn't just him being overly jealous and protective over cas like he may have been when he had overheard the first years in the library over a year ago. He tried his best not to say anything while she was there. But watching cas squirm stammer and blush was a test on anyone's ability not to laugh. as soon as she left and was what he hoped was out of earshot, he let out a snort of laughter. as Casper tried to make excuses but just ended up as red as the lantern overhead. "aww buttercup. I think someone was trying to flirt with you" he teased. Reaching out with his foot and hooking it around Casper's leg before he started to giggle again.

Casper pouted, rolling his eyes at Linden. "You were helpful," He quipped. "Weren't you supposed to help me?" He asked, shifting his other foot to press against Lindens. "Other than the overly friendly staff, this is nice." He offered. "Thank you," He added a bit shyly, offering his hand out to Linden. "Did you want to look over the designs while we wait?" He asked, his grip on his sketch book tightening.

Linden looked away feeling slightly bashful at Casper's comment. "you seemed to be doing well, And i wasn't sure if i was being the overly jealous boyfriend and seeing things that weren't there if she was just being nice" he said. "do you want me to be more possessive next time?" he added taking Casper's hand in his "you're welcome" he said as he intertwined their fingers and gave his hand a slight squeeze. "I would love to look at the designs. Then maybe we can get them done some time soon" he said though implying soon as being slightly further away than he was actually planning on it. Cas was certainly doing better than the day when he had made the suggestion. Though it was something, he had been thinking about doing for a while before then. Even over a month later he was still looking forward to having his very own buttercup, and he had already started to develop the habit of subconsciously running his finger over the patch of skin where he wanted it when he was thinking about cas.

Casper considered the question. "Maybe within reason," He offered shyly. He distracted himself though, pulling out the sketchbook and flipping it open, twisting it to show Linden. "Alright, here, I've got the base design but I've done a few different color schemes," He pointed them out to Linden. One was a more traditional butterscotch shade of yellow, while another was the same shade as Caspers hair with flecks of the blue of his eyes mixed in, and the last was a more black and white piece with just hints of color woven into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back