Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx wandered into the ball, bored and alone. He thought about looking for Sapphire, but he wasn't in the mood for her company right now. He took up a spot near the snacks table, picking up a cookie and nibbling on it. He watched the others dancing. Maybe he could dance? He wanted to. But he wanted to dance with someone. He just didn't know who. Well, someone may have crossed his mind, but he didn't want to impose. Or go looking. He knew he tended to be clingy. He didn't want to do that again. So instead he just leaned against the wall, hoping someone interesting would stumble upon him.

Chrys was enjoying the Yule Ball already, he'd only just arrived of course, but that didn't matter to him since he always liked a party. The Part-Veela thought it was ever so exciting to be at the party and he'd noticed Aleks not long ago, having just left her he'd gone in search of something fun, but hadn't really come across anything yet. Sidling up to the snack table, Chrys got a little too close to an older boy standing there as he reached around him to grab a handful of the crackers before stuffing them quickly in his mouth.

Onyx blinked as a younger boy siddled up really close to him. He leaned back a little, surprised, giving the boy an amused grin. "Now, now, you can at least share if you're going to be so close," He teased, sliding a step back. "Those snacks must be pretty good," He commented, not knowing what the boy had taken. The boy was sort of cute. Maybe he'd be good company.

Chrys grinned at the older boy through his mouthful of crackers. "Salt and pepper crackers," he said, swallowing the first mouthful. "Sorry, I'm afraid I've eaten these ones, but there's more behind you!" He offered, grinning. He liked this boy, though he had no idea who he was. He liked being around fun people and this guy looked like fun. "Yeah, I love crackers, especially salt and pepper crackers, they are honestly the best things ever invented." He said, reaching around him for more crackers, "you want, no one can ever accuse me of not being a sharer." After all, he liked sharing space as well.

Last edited:
Onyx raised a brow as the boy told him his snack. "Hmmm, maybe I'll have to try one then," He commented, still amused as the boy reached around him. Onyx snatched a cracker from his hand as he came back around, popping it in his mouth. "Hmmm, I suppose these aren't too terrible." He teased lightly. "Shall I refer to you as cracker boy, then?" He teased, in a much better mood now that someone else was here. His mind wandered to a different someone, but Onyx pushed that aside. That different someone wasn't here. And there was a cute boy that was. One who seemed to forget the concept of personal space. Onyx liked him already.

Chrys grinned as one of his crackers was stolen from him, quickly depositing the rest of the crackers in his mouth. "Not too terrible, woah guy, you're hard to please, huh?" Chrys asked, greatly enjoying his interactions with this boy. He was definitely cute, someone Chrys wouldn't mind getting to know. His grin only widened as he was bestowed with a great nickname, but he much preferred his own name than the one he'd just been given. "Cracker boy is cool and all, but you can call me Chrys if you want, short for Chrysander." The part veela said, tilting his head to study the older boy in front of him. "I would absolutely love, to know your name too." He said, stepping just a little further into the boys personal space

Onyx stuck his hands in his pockets, grinning widely. This was definitely going to be fun. "The pleasure is mine, Chrysander." Onyx don't move as the boy stepped closer, enjoying the attention. "Hmm, is that so?" He drawled. "Maybe I'll tell you. For a dance," He hinted, taking the boys hand and pressing a kiss to his knuckle. It was a bit bold, but dang it, Onyx had been letting the girls have all the fun. It was time to have some of his own.

Chrys laughed at him, really curious as to the game they were playing together. He liked games, it was all part of the fun. Chrys watched as his knuckles were taken and kissed and he could not keep the slight blush from escaping up onto his cheeks. The veela was not used to people being as open as he was, so this was a whole new situation for him. "A dance, for you I'll sing." He grinned, running his thumb along the back of the hand holding his. "After you," he said, gesturing past him to the open area towards the middle of the hall. He liked this song.

Onyx chuckled as the boy offered to sing. "Maybe next time," He winked playfully, a little thrill running through him as the boy ran histhumb over the back of Onyxs hand. With a sly grin Nyx interlocked their fingers, pulling the boy with him out into the dance floor. He wound them through the crowd until he found a good spot, turning and pulling Chrys into his arms. Onyx couldn't help the grin that spread over his face. This was undeniably going to be an amazing night.

Chrys could not believe his luck with tonight. He’d really only come in support of his sister and the fact he liked a good party as well as the next Veela, but this night was turning into a memorable one for reasons he hadn’t expected. It was more than he’d hoped for. The older boy interlocked their fingers and pulled him towards the middle of the room, Chrys followed along more than willingly, enjoying the moment as it happened. He never had been one to dwell or to seek, the present was where he liked to stay thanks very much. Living in the moment was what his family had always done best after all. His mother had been an obvious showing of this. Chrys laughing loudly when he was suddenly pulled into the boys arms, “woof, hello Romeo,” he teased, letting the music fill him and dancing to the beat. It was hypnotic just to let the music move him and having a partner was only so much better.

Onyx chuckled at the boy. "Mmmm, nice try." He winked. "But guess again," he teased. The music really was infectious. They danced, and Onyx kept a bit closer to the other boy than really necessary. Onyx came to a stop as the music ended, laughing breathlessly and placing his hands on the other boys arms for balance. "I always forget what a rush that is," He laughed, looking at Chrys with sparkling sapphire eyes.

Chrys lost himself to the music, barely paying attention to anyone or anything else around him except the feel of arms as he danced. He did love to dance, but this was a little bit different. He could see his sister watching him curiously from near the door but ignored her to focus on the here and now. Aleks wouldn’t much care anyway, which was good. Once the music ended though, the dancing stopped and Chrys was just a little bit disappointed, only now he felt he was owed a name. He watched the boy brace himself against his arms and his mouth dropped into a sly grin. “I guess I made more of an impact on you than you seemed to want to admit,” he said, winking, but didn’t move from the touch. Chrys always had been the most affectionate of his siblings and given who his siblings were, he was sure that was quite an achievement. “I believe you promised me a name,” he said, stepping just a little bit closer, teasing the other boy, though he wasn’t sure exactly what he was teasing him about. His eyes were... well, Chrys was enjoying looking at them.

Onyx chuckled, not backing away as the boy stepped in closer. "Did I?" Onyx let his hands trail lightly down Chrys's arms, resting his hands lightly over his. Onyx bit his lip before stepping out on a limb. "I'll give you three guesses, and if you get it right, you get a prize." He offered, his gaze sliding a moment to Chrys's lips. Whatever moment Onyx was caught up in, he didn't want it to end.

What was this? Chrys didn't know, nor, frankly, did he really care. He was having a lovely time and that was the important part. He liked that his tendency to get into people's personal space didn't seem to phase this person, which was probably a bad thing for him, since it just gave Chrys the mental go ahead to keep invading said space. Still, he supposed if he was being allowed to do it, he might as well just do so. It seemed that he wasn't the only one with that idea though, because the other boys hands trailed down his arms to his hands, and Chrys had torn his gaze away from the older boys eyes to watch them the whole way. Now he just wasn't playing fair. His lips slid back into a wide grin again at the mention of a game and he licked his lips. "Ooh, do I get to choose my prize if I get it right?" He asked, not daring to move his hands from where they were.

Onyx chuckled. "As long as its a good prize," he teased lightly, biting his lip. He had always been an affectionate person. And the urge to kiss this boy was almost irresistible. But Onyx kept himself in check. "I'll give you a hint," he leaned in, lips brushing the boys ear as he whispered. "My family has a habit of naming us after gemstones. Mine is a color very prominent on my body." He moved away reluctantly. The urge to nuzzle into Chrys's neck was also very strong. He bit his lip, waiting impatiently.

If Chrys had not been prepared for it to happen, he might have reached out after the boy when he stepped back, clearly giving him some space to figure out this mystery. Whispering in his ear the way he had was both cheating and completely unfair, Chrys didn't like to lose a game and it seemed he was rapidly losing this one and he didn't even realise it! His name was something related to gemstones apparently, but Chrys didn't really know that many gemstones, not outside of the usual kind of ones, like diamond and sapphire, obsidian... wait, Black, he was wearing a lot of black Chrys had noticed as he looked over him, tilting his head slightly. Obsidian seemed like it might be a strange name, but maybe it wasn't a completely bad suggestion? It was one of the only black stones, or gems that he knew anyway, so he wasn't sure how many guesses he would really be able to have. He licked his lips again as he thought hard about this, after all, if he got to pick his prize, it seemed he could have a lot of fun with that. "Uh," would he sound stupid if he didn't get this right away? Was Obsidian even a gemstone? It was more a kind of volcanic glass he remembered, but did that really mean it was out of the running? Maybe he was named after Obsidian Harbour, though that would be funny, he had specified gemstones. "It wouldn't be Obsidian would it, is that too easy?" He asked, glancing down as the boy bit his lip again, something he seemed to do a lot.

Onyx chuckled, moving to pull the boy into a slow dance as the game continued. "You're close. Here's a prize for such a good guess," he winked, leaning in and kissing the boys cheek. He pulled back, a saucy grin on his face. "Let's try again. Four letters. What's my name?" He teased, biting his lip to keep himself from skipping to the prize he was hoping for.

He was quick, and oddly subtle at the same time, Chrys had to give him that if nothing else. He was pulled easily into a slow dance, not that he would have tried to resist and moved his hands now to rest on the boys shoulders. This was easy, whatever they were doing. Chrys was maybe a little bit surprised by the kiss to the cheek, but he liked it and he let his companion know that by grinning. He was far too in the zone now to let something like that make him blush, he was beginning to understand a little about this boy and he was seeing one or two similarities to himself, so even though he wasn't to the point of anticipating him, he was sure there wasn't much he could do that would genuinely surprise him at the minute. "That is cheating," he said, though he didn't make any moves to admonish beyond that and he'd clearly enjoyed it, so it wasn't like he didn't want him to do it again. He was just slightly annoyed that he seemed to be losing whatever this game was they were playing. It was hecking fun, for sure, but still, a loss was a loss was a loss, in any form. "Okay, four letters," Chrys cursed himself that he hadn't listened to Ofira when she'd been talking to his Dad and Cael about all that stuff. He licked his lips again, trying to think when it suddenly hit him like a brick and he slapped his hand to his forehead. "Oh, I am an idiot." He admitted, shaking his head with a smile. "Your name's Onyx, isn't it?" The irony in that was the Onyx was both his brother's birthstone and the only black healing stone in Ofira's repertoire. "I'm clueless." He said, laughing.

Onyx chuckled and waggled his brows as Chrysander told him he was cheating, moving his hands to the boys waist. He watched with interest as the boy thought about it. He really was gorgeous. Onyx swayed them gently to the music. He chuckled as the boy called himself an idiot, a wide grin crossing his face as Chrys guessed his name. "Well, it appears we have a winner." He stilled, moving his hands up from Chrys's waist to cup his face, swooping in and pressing a lingering kiss to his lips. Electricity shot through Onyx the moment their lips touched. He pulled back a touch, breathless. He didn't open his eyes, staying nose to nose with the other boy. "Oops," he breathed. "I didn't let you pick your prize,"

Hands on his waist and again, he hadn't been totally prepared for it. Honestly it was getting embarrassing now, but he just kept assuming that no one could possibly be as forward as he was, and each time he thought that he kept finding himself in situations that ended up proving him wrong, it was both painful and exhilarating. He had the Kaster sense of competition, of course he didn't want to lose, but maybe if it was this way, he wouldn't mind so much. Chrys had wanted something like this, but the action of it caught him slightly off guard since he was expecting to have to ask for it. But no sooner had he said the name Onyx, were Onyx's lips pressed to his and Chrys pressed himself into it, just letting it continue before he felt Onyx pull back slightly, but not enough to move away since he was still nose to nose with the older boy. "Oops," he agreed, grinning again, a dopey smile sitting on his face from the complete lack of care he had that he'd only just met Onyx. He liked him already and though Chrys liked everyone generally, there was something a bit special about this, since Chrys didn't just kiss everyone he met. Well, not unless they asked nicely. "It's probably a good thing I was going to ask anyway," he added, moving his hands from Onyx's shoulders to his forearms and resting his hands there. "That was really, really good. Do you want to do it again?" He asked, letting only a pinch of hope settle in his voice.

Onyx chuckled, a little thrill going through him as Chrys rested his hands on his shoulders. Onyx had never had anyone return his affections like this. At least not publicly. He smiled broadly as Chrysander seemed just as into it as he was. He kissed the boy languidly in response before pulling back again. "I would gladly continue. But maybe not here. Why don't we find somewhere a bit more away from everyone?" He inquired, heart pounding in his chest.

Oh, was Chrys enjoying this. It was much more fun than he'd been expecting to have from this day, or night, or whatever this was technically supposed to be. He knew they had until midnight before the party ended, it was all just a bit Cinderella honestly so anything he could do to keep the party going was number one on his list of things he had to do. Onyx kissed him again and he found himself leaning into it again, before grinning at Onyx's suggestion, but he was having so much fun, and Onyx had started the game that Chrys really didn't want to lose, that he decided he wanted to play, just a little bit. He stepped away from Onyx and walked around behind him before moving up to his back and poking his head over his shoulder. "But we're having so much fun, why in the name of Merlin would you ever want to deprive anyone from the delight I bring to any function?" He asked, wrapping his arms loosely around Onyx's waist. "I'm a veela you know, it's not right to try and keep me all to yourself."

Onyx was slightly startled as Chrys moved away from him. Oh, maybe not then. That was a disappointment. He'd been having such a good time. But no sooner had Onyx stuck his lip out to pout then he heard the boys voice in his ear. Grinning as Chrys snuck his arms around his waist, Onyx waited for him to finish. He turned in the boys arms, catching his chin and leaning down to press a soft kiss to the boys neck, just below his jaw. "What can I say? I'm greedy." He teased, hopping back and out of Chrys's grasp. As he did so, a new song started, one Onyx knew very well. He let out a delighted laugh, dancing around Chrys with a sparkle in his eyes. "So I got my boots on, got the right mount of leather and I'm doing me up with a black color liner." He sang, dancing around and slipping in and out of Chrys's space casually.

Chrys loosened his grip as he felt Onyx turn in his arms and breathed in sharply as Onyx pressed a kiss to his neck below his jaw. Cheeky! He quickly jumped out of the way then, not giving Chrys any time to react or respond at all. It seemed that Onyx was just as willing to play as he was, which was great. He frowned a bit though when a strange song started, one that Chrys didn't think he knew at all. It could have been an old song, or perhaps a muggle one, because Chrys was mostly into the new age magical rock and didn't pay much attention to anything outside of it, so he wasn't sure how he felt about this particular song, but it certainly wasn't terrible. Onyx seemed to be enjoying it though, which just meant that Chrys was enjoying watching Onyx enjoy it, because he clearly seemed to know the song if his singing and dancing was any indication. Chrys laughed loudly, watching Onyx dance around him, in and out of his personal bubble, which only seemed to get more and more intense as the song went on. He knew nothing about Onyx of course and Onyx probably knew nothing about him. "You seem to enjoy this song," he said, eyes sparkling with excitement as he grinned and tried lazily to follow along with what was happening, reaching out to grab pathetically at his new friend... if he could actually call Onyx a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back