Open Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onyx spun again, turning this time to catch Chrys's chin in his hand as the bridge began, playing slower. Onyx stepped in, a breath away, singing softly. "That would be the only thing I'd ever need. If I had you, the money fame and fortune never could compete." He pressed a soft kiss to Chrys's lips as the music picked back up. He chuckled, staying near the boy. "There's a lot of things I enjoy. Including your company." Onyx bit his lip, nervous. "Do you think... Maybe I can see you again?" He aske softly. If Chrys said tonight was it, then he would make the most of the time he had.

Chrys tilted his head a little in Onyx's hand as he watched him sing. It was sweet, actually, Chrys was enjoying it more than he thought he would. Onyx kissed him again, making Chyrs lick his lips in response, wondering why he'd never run into Onyx before, because he was clearly a lot of fun to be with and didn't seem to mind Chrys' lack of boundaries. Chrys listened to Onyx speak, and though he had the overwhelming urge to play again, he decided against it, purely for the earnestness of the way the question was asked. The veela winked, "I'm not about to disappear at midnight, if that's what you mean, I'm usually around, if you ever wanna find me." He said, though he didn't say where he was usually around. "I enjoyed tonight far too much to let you disappear either." He said, patting Onyx on the hip.

Onyx chuckled weakly. "Sounds like a challenge then," He teased lightly with relief. He set his head on Chrys's shoulder. "I'm in trouble," he muttered softly to himself. He chuckled, straightening. "Let's dance some more." He offered. And you can tell me about yourself." He gave a cheeky grin. "I'm curious. Aside from incredibley charming, gorgeous, and fascinating?" He complimented, unable to take his eyes off the boy.

Chrys grinned. "I do like a challenge, if you haven't already guessed. " He said, licking his lips again. There was something about Onyx that was fun to play with, not that he was playing with him specifically, but he was fun to spend time with and it was nice not to get chewed out for being too affectionate or clingy, neither of which had ever been a problem before he'd come to school and was part of why he'd been thinking about leaving to return home and be homeschooled like Elsa and Ben. Not that he'd told anyone that of course, but it was hard to make friends when they all thought he was a bit weird, even his roommates thought it. He could tell. He was glad for the distraction of dancing though, so he wrapped his arms around Onyx, without a care, and grinned. "What do you wanna know? I'm one of six siblings, for a start." He said, shrugging. His dad worked in the Australian Ministry and that was what his older brother was looking at doing too. "You don't really want to know more about me, there's nothing to tell!"

Onyx smiled to himself as Chrys wrapped his arms around him. Onyx returned the favor, wrapping his arms loosely around the boy's waist. He shook his head as the boy said there was nothing interesting about him. "Now that, that is where you're wrong." He told him. "I'm the boring one. I live with my uncle, who's a fabulous, world-traveling photographer who cooks gourmet level meals, my prefect twin sister who has the style, grace, sass, and strength of a goddess. My eldest cousin is nearly a professional musician, her sister dances beautifully and my younger cousin is training to take over my grandmother's company. In a family full of success, I am indeed the most boring, dullest Michaels there is." He chuckled, snuggling into Chrys's neck. This was unbelievably nice. "I'm also the cuddliest. Not that anyone ever wants to cuddle," He pouted.

Chrys snuggled closer to Onyx, not really caring about the fact that they were in public and people were probably looking at them. Chrys had always been affectionate, it was a by-product of his upbringing in the middle of nowhere whilst his Dad had spent most of his life as a Dingo. Ofira and Cael were great, but even they couldn't change Chrys' personality. He listened as Onyx mentioned his family, well, there were a few, but if Chrys was really going to go into the vastness of his own family, just the ones in New Zealand they were going to be here all day. And probably all night and then all week probably. "I like to cuddle," he said, nudging Onyx's head with his own. "You can cuddle me whenever you want, I won't mind at all." Besides, given how affectionate his family usually was, he often felt a little touch-starved in the school and usually went looking for Aleks whenever he felt so and she would let him cuddle with her for hours in the library or the student lounge. It was those moments he'd missed his mother the most, since she had always let him cuddle.

Onyx chuckled, tightening his arms around the boy a moment before stepping back and taking Chrys's hand in his. "Let's get some food," He told him. "I'm starving." He started to lead the boy away again. "So, you have six siblings, you like salt and pepper crackers, and you're every bit as snuggly and warm as I am." He smiled at that. "What else is there? I want to know everything. Your favorite color. What kind of music you like. Details, Chrysander, details. Like, what's your last name?" He asked idly. He chuckled as the crowd surged a moment, pushing him closer to Chrys. He kissed the boys cheek.

Chrys squeezed Onyx's hand, just happy to have the attention on him for once. He liked it this way. He nodded at the suggestion of food. Chrys had intended to eat for most of the night and it was Onyx who had dragged him away from his initial mission, so it made sense that Onyx be the one to set him back on that mission too. Chrys allowed himself to be pulled towards the food and then laughed again as he was forced closer to Onyx. "Oops, hello," he said, grinning at Onyx kissed his cheek. "Weeeeeell, my favourite colour is actually a Aussie Sunset, because that's what I used to wake up to every morning, so not really a colour, but I guess it would be a bit like a burnt orange with pink and yellow and red and such, I like new age wizard rock music, which is a bit of a guilty pleasure honestly and my last name is Kaster." He poked his tongue out then before turning to head back towards the food and pulling Onyx behind him.

Onyx smiled and hurries along behind Chrys. He listened intently as the boy spoke. "Aussie sunsets are beautiful," He agreed. "I went to Sydney once with my uncle on a photo shoot." He smiled at the memory. Maybe uncle James had some pictures? He'd ask. He chuckled. "New age rock is pretty cool," he agreed. "Chrysander Caster. Pleasure to meet you." He took Chrys's hand in his and kissed the back of it. "You can try to guess my last name, too," Onyx teased lightly.

"I've never been to Sydney, actually," he admitted, shrugging. "I live in Alice Springs, though not in the city, more actually sort of outside of it. There used to be this little magical community there, situated around one of the natural dams, but they all left a few years back. It all started to dwindle recently, just us now." He said, shrugging. He didn't really mind living there, though there was no one else, Chrys had a rather large family and so it made up for it. He almost never felt the kind of lonely there that he did at school most of the time. "But you're right, Aussie sunsets are beautiful," he stopped for a moment to locate the memory he was thinking of, "once when I was really little and my mum was still alive, I was... maybe to or three, my mum took me out to watch the sunset and she said it became my first love. I don't know if that's true, but what is true is I've yet to find it's equal." He looked at Onyx then and grinned. "'spose you'll have to do." He shook his head then as Onyx invited him to guess his last name. "I literally have no idea, you're last name could be Smith or Jones for all I know!"

Onyx listened intently as the other boy spoke. It sounded like he had an interesting life. He stored everything Chrys told him for later. He found the more he learned, the more he wanted to learn. He pretended to pout as the boy teased him. "Guess I'll just have to work harder then." Onyx only half teased, kissing Chrys's neck again. He did pout this time as they reached the snacks. "Aw, but I already told you my last name. You're supposed to remember these things so I can pretend to have a good excuse for more kissing." He gave Chrys his best puppy dog eyes.

Chrys grinned at Onyx, he was enjoying himself more and more and it was great! He’d never been able to really just let loose before because everytime he did someone told him he’d stepped over a line and he hoped he didn’t accidentally do that with Onyx tonight. He couldn’t help that he was just genuinely an affectionate person, after all, it was just who he was, he hugged people and draped himself all over people on a daily basis. Some of his dorm mates didn’t like it and he tried to pull back from then generally, but for the most part he was affectionate. “I really don’t remember! I was so taken with you I think I missed about ninety percent of what you’ve said to me tonight.” Chrys grinned.

Onyx pouted, scooting closer and propping his chin on Chrys's shoulder. "Them it seems we're opposites," he murmured into the boys ear. "Because I don't usually notice things but tonight, tonight I remember every word." He put his hands lightly on Chrys's waist and continued. "I know you enjoy salt and pepper crackers. You have six siblings and you live with your family outside town. There were others but there aren't anymore. You like wizard rock, your first love and your favorite color is an Australian sunset." Onyx laid his head in the crook of Chrys's neck.

" know you like a challenge, and I know that I want to see you again." He bit his lip to keep from rambling on more, his heart pounding in his chest. Merlin, he hadn't felt like this since Jake. He knew this was going to end badly. But he couldn't resist.

Chrys grinned. "Wow, you have me pegged huh?" He asked, enjoying the amount of attention Onyx seemed to be paying to him. He felt a little bad about not knowing what his last name was, since he really couldn't remember hearing it, but he never had been a great observer. It wasn't one of his better points for sure. Chrys leaned his head lightly against Onyx as he leaned his head on his neck. It was really cute he had to admit. He was enjoying it quite a bit if he was honest. "Don't worry, Kitty," He said smirking. "I'm not going anywhere."

Onyx couldn't help but chuckle. "Kitty?" He questioned. He pulled back a bit, turning his attention to the food. After examining his options, he chose a delectable looking pastry. "Do you want anything, boo?" He asked the boy with him, deciding that Chrysander wasn't the only one who got to use the cute nicknames. It was a bit odd, but Onyx was suddenly very grateful he had learned to purr around the time he learned to whistle. It was an odd talent he'd never really used, but it was one he now had the opportunity to use. He bit into the creamy raspberry delight, looking around for something to drink.

Chrys shrugged. Nicknames happened, he could have been stuck with something silly, Kitty wasn't near as bad as it could have been. Chrys leaned over to look at the food as he clicked his tongue in thought. He had the salt and pepper crackers earlier, so was he still hungry? Maybe something with chocolate? "Maybe some chocolate, anything there that’s chocolate will be good”. He told Onyx, leaning into him slightly. It occurred to him that he hadn’t really been thinking about being homesick when he was with the older boy, but he didn’t mind really, since he didn’t like the sad feeling. “Actually do they have chocolate chip cookies?” He asked, moving away slightly to look at the snacks.

Onyx turned his attention back to the snack as Chrys asked about chocolate chip cookies. He thought he'd seen some near his pastry. He hummed softly. "Hmmm, here we are boo." He summoned Chrys, picking up three or four good-sized cookies and putting them onto a paper plate. "What about something to drink? I saw some punch or something in here earlier." He straightened, looking around casually before stopping. Was that... Sapphire? Dancing with Liam? He left the cookies on the table, taking a few steps in that direction before stopping himself. No, no, no meddling. He bit his lip, brow furrowed in concern. Why was she dancing with Liam? He shook his head, taking an uncertain step back. "Chrys?" He called half-heartedly. "Distract me, yeah? Before I go over there and break up my sister and that flirty, no-good, little-" He stopped himself, taking a breath. "That's unfair of me," He muttered, shaking his head and rubbing his brow. His other hand went out, reaching blindly for the other boy.

Chrys grinned as Onyx moved to grab some cookies for him. Cookies were fine, but chocolate chip were the best. He certainly had a bit of a sweet tooth and ninety percent of his cravings for it were for chocolate. He happily took the cookies, popping one immediately into his mouth as Onyx asked about drinks. Chrys shook his head since he actually wasn't thirsty. Chrys was about to voice his disinterest in a drink when he noticed that Onyx had stopped moving. He seemed to be looking at something, but Chrys couldn't tell what it was. "Kitty?" He asked, moving to step beside him and peer over at his face, which seemed to be a mix of annoyance and something else that Chrys couldn't place. "Is everything-" Onyx asked for a distraction and Chrys nodded, immediately grabbing the hand that was held out for him and marching out of the Great Hall and pushing Onyx up against the wall, getting as close to him as he dared and moving in to kiss the older boy, before changing direction and munching on one of the cookies he was holding instead.

Onyx was visibly relieved as Chrys took his hand and pulled him away, surprise coming over his face as they moved out of the Great Hall. His first thought was of his discarded pastry, but that was quickly forgotten as Chrys pushed him up against the wall. Onyx's breath caught in his throat and he leaned in, heart beating rapidly, only to gasp in shock as Chrys moved past him to the cookie instead. "Heyyyy," he whined, nuzzling into the boy's neck. "Not fair," he pouted. He sighed, moving a hand to Chrys's waist and clutching at his shirt. "I'm sorry," He murmured. "I have a twin sister- Sapphire. I saw her with someone I didn't think would be good for her and I- Well, I was going to meddle. But all my meddling gets me in trouble." He admitted softly, wincing at the memory of what had happened when he had meddled to get her together with Mervyn.

Chrys nodded as Onyx complained and grinned. He couldn't just let him get away with that sort of thing whenever he wanted to of course. Chrys patted him on the chest as he nuzzled into his neck. Honestly he was greatly enjoying spending time with Onyx, however long it lasted. Chrys wasn't sure what was wrong, but it was clearly something. He didn't have long to wait though because soon Onyx was telling him what he had been worried about and Chrys nodded in sympathy. He could definitely understand meddling. Everyone in his family always tried to meddle in their lives, his aunt's and cousins and grandparents didn't like the way they were brought up, but none of them were in any danger or anything, they just had little discipline and no boundaries. "That sucks, but I can understand what that's like a bit." He said, hoping he could ease Onyx's anxiety about it a little. "Meddling can be theraputic, we've all done a little of that for sure," he said, "but it's about knowing when to do it and when to not, you know?" He ran his hand calmly up Onyx's arm. "Cheer up, Kit, feel free to meddle with me however you want."

Onyx relaxed as Chrys reassured him, and when the other boy started running his hand up his arm, Onyx knew that now was the time. He grinned as the boy told him he could meddle anytime. He did just that, snuggling in closer. Onyx started purring, loving the vibrations in his throat. He paused for a moment to kiss Chrys's neck, but otherwise he just stood there, snuggled into the other boy, purring low. Onyx kept his hands on the boys waist, greatly enjoying himself. He could stay there all night and be perfectly content.

Chrys was slightly startled when he could both hear and feel Onyx purring, but he laughed anyway. He’d not expected it. But it was cute. Clearly Kitty had been the perfect name for him as it turned out. Chrys wrapped his arms around Onyx until the pair were just snuggled together and standing against the wall of the hall. He wasn’t sure what they looked like, nor did he care since he was simply happy just to stand there for the rest of the night probably. It was amazing.

Dang

What in the

Onyx was completely content to stay right there all night. After who knows how long, he finally stirred a little. "Chrys?" He murmured. "What house are you in?" He hoped the boy was in Gryffindor. Then this wouldn't have to end. He had to admit, being able to be like this, cuddled up with someone who could stay there as long, if not longer than him. He briefly considered asking Chrys what he thought of dating, but quickly squashed the idea. He didn't want to risk this. Whatever it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back