Christmas dinner

Sydney followed Shaylah through the door, ignoring Steph. She still wasn't keen on Shay's friends. Instead of following her friend through to the kitchen, Sydney turned into the living room where she saw her mother, two other people she didn't know, and her brothers' foot sticking out from behind the sofa. "Hey mum and whoever you two are." She sat down next to her mother and watched how the womman fidgeted.

Tracy fidgeted as her daughter entered the room, and her other daughter yelled to her father from the kitchen. After a few minutes of silence she stood up, beconing for Sydney to follow. "I need to tell you something."

Tracy walked out to the garden, where they would be alone, and sat on the floor. "This is quite a long story."

Sydney walked out the kitchen to her mum when she was called. She took off her jacket so she wouldn't get a muddy arse, and sat on the ground by her mother. "Well can you shorten it? I'm bored already."

Tracy took a deep breath, knowing that hwhat she was about to say would knock the attitude right out of Sydney. She would be suprised if her daughter said anything by the time she had finished.

"I was pregnant with you before Your father and I had gotten married. When I gave birth and saw you, I got scared. I ran away. Away from him and, from you. I ran away to my high school sweetheart, we had dated during our years at Hogwarts, we were both in Slytherin and we were in love.

When I found Ja..Him, He immediatley let me in and took me back. After a while I got pregnant again, this time I was ready and happy. We got married and, a few months later, I gave birth to a little girl. We were happy for a while, so happy it was cheesy.

Then Mother got in touch with me, you know how your grandmother was. She wanted me to be with Theodore, your father, and wouldn't take no for an answer. She blackmailed me with a peice of informaion I wanted no-one to know. So I went back to him, we were friends so neither of us minded and we didn't lie to you or Marcus when he came along, we made it clear our relationship was arranged."

Tracy paused, putting her hand up to stop Sydney asking the flow of questions she knew were coming. It wasn't a lie, both of the children knew their parents were in a loveless marriage.

"I want you to know I tried to take you with me to Ja.. when I left, Theo refused to let me. But that's besides the point. I'm telling you this now because, well, the people I've been talking about, my high school sweetheart and my second daughter, well, you know them. Really well actually."

Tracy paused, waiting for her speachless daughter to ask the question she dreaded answering. Well, Who are they?

"Your sister is." She paused, gethering the will to say it outloud, "Shaylah. Shaylah Martha Rouge." Tracy cringed, waiting for her daughters reaction.

Sydney sat, shocked. Every time she had gone to say something, her mother had stopped her by saying something more suprising. Sure, she knew her mother and father didn't love each other but she had no idea that her mother had left when she was little, only to return after having another, secret, baby. Though it was believable, it sounded like the kind of thing her grandmother would've done while she was alive.

When she had asked who the two people were that was not the answer she had been expecting. Her best friend, was really her baby sister. Even with this bombshell, she could only think of one thing to say. "Does Shay know?"

Tracy shook her head, thankful that Syddy hadn't blown up at her for keeping it a secret. "No, Jay is going to tell her now, we agreed before you girls showed up that I would tell you first and then he would tell her. We also agreed he'd tell her why I left before he says it was me. Part of mothers' agreement was that I just told JAy thast I didn't want to be with him anymore." Tracy was teaing up at the memory, it was one of the single hardest things she had had to do in her life so far.

Tracy composed herself and stood up. " Now, While I'm sure you have questions, I will answer them later when there are not other guests here. Please can you go and tell Shaylah that Jay would like to see her in his office?" And with that, Tracy walked away, towards her first husbands office to tell him his daughter would soon be arriving and why.

Sydney nodded, still in shock slightly. She stood up, following her mother for part of the way before turning into the kitchen where she found Shaylah smiling. For a second she wondered how Shaylah, her half sister, could be so care free at a time like this, then she remembered the younger girl didn't know. "Shay." Her voice was just louder than a whisper. "Your dad wants to see you in his office."

Shaylah turned away from Steph when she heard Sydney's voice by the door. She could see that there was something wrong with her but she wasn't going to ask questions yet. She was going to wait till she got out of her dad's office. "Ok. I'll go now." Shay walked past Sydney and out into the hall way where she went to her dad's office. She smiled at her dad. "Make it fast dad. I have friends round."

Sydney watched Shaylah walk into her fathers' study, she had guessed what Shay was being told, and gave Steph a dirty look before walking towards the living room again. Both Sasha and Steph should know that she was just putting up with them for Shay, her sisters', sake.

Sydney sat down and looked over at the other children, the girl was younger but the boy, the cute boy, looked just older. She grinned and leant forward, resting on her elbow. "Hi, I'm Sydney."

Markov smiled as the blonde girl, Sydney, took notice of him. He knew Ivana wouldn't answer, she was still sulking from the news they had gotten earlier. On the first day back home for the holidays, their father had told them both of their engagements and who they were to.

Markov was fine with being engaged to Shaylah, though he hadn't seen her since she was little, they had always gotten along and she was his sister's best friend, how hard could it be? Ivana, however, had thrown a hissy fit, saying something about dad not choosing the right twin before stomping off. She only came out of her room when it was time to leave for the Rouge's.

Markov leant back, looking the girl over. "I'm Markov, this is my sister Ivana. So, how do you know Jay and Shay?" Hopefully she was just an aquaintance that Jay had invited over, for a death eater he was pretty kind.

Shaylah walked out of the office and into the living room. "I cannot believe my dad at the..." Shaylah stopped in her tracks when she saw the other kids st in the room. She recognised Markov straightaway but if he hadn't been there, she would ha nevr recognised her best friend, Ivana. "Holy cr@p." She couldn't stop herself. It was like seeing ghosts from the past. "I haven't seen you two in ages. Ivy, you have changed so much. Markov..." She looked at him. "...not so much." Thank Merlin. She thought to herself. In her eyes, he had always been cute and if he changed too much, he probably wouldn't be.

When Ivana heard Shaylah's voice she immediatley forgot about her tantrum and stood up, letting out an ear piering scream as she did. "Shay!" She practically rugby tackled her childhood friend, giving her a giant bear hug to make up for lost time. "O.M.G. You look so different, I must look different to you aswell. I man I've grown my hair and my galsses are gone and so are my braces, wait, did you see me with braces?" She was speaking a mile a mintue before someone stopped her.

"You look so different. If I hadn't seen Markov then I wouldn't have realised it was you." She grinned as she hugged Ivana. "No, I never saw you with braces. Last time I saw you, you still had that gap in the your front teeth." She beamed, completely forgetting the conversation she had just had with her father. "I can't believe you're here. It's been so long." Shay realised Sydney was still sat on the sofa. "Oh, this is Sydney." She gestured towards Syd. "Syd this is Ivana."

Markov grinned at the two girls, it was good to see his fiance was looking good. He watched as they chatted, a mile a minute, Ivana hadn't been like this since they last saw the Rouge's. "I guess I still look the same then?" he stood up and hugged Shaylah too, mainly because he wanted her to feel uncomfertable, he had always had fun messing with her and she'd always forgive him. "How's my little fiance anyway?" He smirked.

Sydney smiled and waved awkwardly at the girl, after a second she put the pieces together. "Wait, you're the girl that sent the letter Shay was so excited about." She smiled, thsi girl was accepted immediatley if she made Shay that happy with just one letter. "It's lush to meet you." Her smile faltered a bit when Markov, the totally fiit guy, called Shay his fiance.

Shaylah let go off Ivana in order to hug Markov. "No you don't." She grinned. "You look basically the same. You're taller and you've lost you're puppy fat but other than that you look the same." She looked up at him when she remembered that she was going to have to marry him. "I'm great. Yourself??"

Markov grinned. "I've been great, just found out I'm going to marry a really hot chick. Plus I met this lovely lady here, Sydney wasn't it? She's cute too." Markov could never help but flirt, he loved to watch the blushes or the embarressed looks to the floor, both of wich he could see Sydney trying to hold back now.

Shaylah laughed and shook her head. "You really haven't changed have you??" She grinned. Shaylah had gotten usedo Markov's flirting so usually just went along with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back