Christmas dinner

Jay Rouge

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Wand
15 inch willow and dragon heartstring
Jay was just finishing off the last of the cooking and was waiting for Tracy to arrive. He had invited her and her kids over for christmas dinner but he had no idea how the cooking would turn out. He read a few books and cast a few spells and thought the finishing result was pretty good. He smiled to himself when he heard a knock at the door. He still loved Tracy no matter how angry he was at her and she needed someone to help her through at the moment so Jay was going to be that someone.
He answered the door and smiled at his ex-wife. "Hey. Come on in."

Tracy stood outside the door of Jays' home. It looked nice, she was admiring the front garden when the door opened, revealing her ex-husband. "Hey." She grinned and stepped into the house, immediatley smelling cooking. "It smells nice. Umm, where should I put these?" Tracy held up a small bag full of prettily wrapped presents.

Jay pointed into the living room. "If you just put them on the table in there." Jay walked back into the kitchen and continued cooking. "I'm afraid my cooking hasn't improved over the past years."

Tracy walked through and placed the bag on the table, inside it were presnest for her children, Jay and Shaylah. She turned around and walked through to the kitchen where Jay was and pulled a pretend nasty face. "Are we all in trouble then? Last I remember you were terrible at cooking." She giggled, he really wasn't that good.

Jay laughed. "I've used a few spells and I think I've done a pretty good job." He turned and looked at Tracy. "Plus, Shaylah started it off and told me what to do with everything." He grinned. Shay was definitely the cook in the house.

Tracy smiled slightly, Shaylah was a good cook like herself. She walked up to the cooker and inspected the food, it looked pretty good. For Jays' standard anyway. "It does look alot better than your usual stuff."

Tracy laughed and nodded. "Yeah, It's way better than that." She smiled a small, happy smile. "Thanks' for inviting us over. I don't know what I would've done otherwise."

"It's no problem. It would have just been me and Shaylah otherwise." He grinned. "In Scotland we usually had friends round so it would have been boring without you."

Tracy grinned back. "So, while the food looks better than your old stuff, I'm still not sure what it is." She giggled at him.

Jay laughed. "In that case, you're gonna have to taste it and guess." He joked."I thinkI might have to as well actually." He added still laughing

Tracy laughed along with him, she was having a good time already. It had been a while since she had had a truly fun time with someone. "Alright, but this is a big risk." She grinned and preteneded to brace herself for the cooking.

Jay never thought he'd do this ever again. He used to love laughing and joking with Tracy but since she left him thought it was never gonna happen again. "When do you think we should tell Shay that you're her mum??"

Tracy froze, she stopped laughing and just looked at him. "Umm, I didn't know we were telling her." She panicked slightly inside, not letting it show on the outside. Letting her daughter be friends with her secret daughter was a big thing for her. She wouldn't mind telling Shaylah, The girl sounded nice, but she couldn't help but think of Sydney's reaction. Her daughter would feel betrayed that she hadn't known sooner.

"I have to tell her at some point. For the past seven years, she's woken up every morning then come down stairs and given me the puppy dog face to see if I'll tell her who her mum is." Jay smiled. "Now that she's not here, she puts a picture of a puppy at the end of every letter." Jay admired his daughters memory as the picture always looked exactly like Shay' dog did when it was a pup.

Tracy looked up at him, giggling slightly. Sydney always did the same thing when she wanted something, Tracy used to do it herself. "Can I tell Sydney first? She'll kill me if I don't. Trust me, her anger is worse than mine was when I was eight months pregnant." She giggled at the term.

Jay laughed remembering Tracy when she was pregnant with Shay. "Yeah, that's fine. As long as she doesn't tell Shay. I want her to hear it from me. Then perhaps she wont blow." Jay thought Shaylah's temper was probably just as bad as Sydney's.

Tracy nodded. "Okay, also, tell her why I left before you tell her it was me." She didn't want her daughter to lose a friend because her friend blamed Tracy for leaving.

Jay smiled. "Yeah, sure." He could understand where Tracy was coming from. He didn't want Shay to lose a friend either. "If you tell me when you've told Sydney then I can tell her."

Tracy nodded. "I'll tell her today if you like, what better a christmas present right?" She chuckled half heartedly. "So, when am I trying you're, apparently good, cooking?" She laughed and nidged him jokely.

"I've been trying to work out when to tell her ever sinc she said she loved being a pure blood." Jay couldn't upset Shay. When she had come out of one of her lessons askng whether she was a pure blood, the hope in her eyes had been too much and Jay had to say she was. He laughed at Tracy's question. "Same time as everyone else."

Tracy looked up in a panic. "Woah. Just because she's knowing I'm her mother doesn't mean she's knowing I'm not pure. Marcus and Sydney don't know, she isn't either. It would break Sydney's heart." Tracy had started saying that so she would get status and power, now she was sick of it but she couldn't let her family down. Her and Jay were the only people alive that knew, and that's the way she wanted it to stay.

"I never said we were. I meant, if she ever found out then she would rip my head off and stick it on a post in the garden. So, by tlling her you're her mother would just make her watch you to make sure you are pure blood." Jay smiled when he realised that what he said did sound like he was telling Tracy to let everyone know that she was half blood.

Tracy smirked, the slytherin in her had prepared for this day. "Oh don't worry, Sydney's too proud of her blood for me not to be pure. Shaylah will be convinced." Sydney had been brought up proud by her father, while she didn't really care about blood she was happy she was pure and held it over people she was annoyued with.

"Shaylah loves being pure and would happily punch anyone who said otherwise." Jay looked at her. "Seriously, she already has a number of times." He suddenly realised what it was about Tracy that he found so attractive. He looked away quickly before he was dragged in by her beauty. "Shall we go into the living room??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back