Christmas dinner

"There's only Shaylah's friend, Steph. I think Sydney knows her as well." Jay tried to remember the letter that Shay had sent him asking whether she could come over for christmas. "Apparently she doesn't want to go back home because she hates her mum and her sister and her dad's a muggle. That's what Shaylah's told me anyway."

Tracy nodded. "Miss Duboit. Yes, Sydney also met her sister during the first year. She's suprised how tame Steph is towards the girl. A gryffindor." Tracy scoffed, remembering her school days as she watched the older kids beat up the 'Griffies' but she never joined in. That was the reason for her clean record at school, not a single detension.

"I've heard othewise." Jay grinned. "Steph put Leslie in the hospital wing at the school. Leslie has apparenty been avoiding her ever since." Jay laughed slightly. He was against Shay beating up people just because of what house they're in as he didn't want her to end up like him but the story did sound funny.

Tracy giggled, still thinking of the past. There was a time when Jay was there too. "Well, I'm just hoping she's tamer than Sydney can be. That girl, She managed to get in trouble before getting on the train last year." Of course she was reffering to the strangulation of a young girls bird.

Jay laughed. If he was at school now, Sydney sounded like the type of person he'd get along with. "Before Steph got on the train, she was told that muggles were friends with wizards and that there was no difference in which house you got so she wan't doing any of that"

Tracy laughed at how innocent it all sounded. "Before Sydney got on that train she had managed to strange a small girls owl and make friends with the Fudge child." Tracy didn't like Brodie Fudge, she had only heard about him but nothing she heard was anything good, even by her standards.

Jay laughed and finished off his firewhiskey before putting the glass in the bowl. "And I take it you're taking no blame for it." He joked as he started walking out the kitchen.

Tracy laughed and followed him again, wondering how many times she would have to walk between the kitchen and the sitting room. "Of course not, it was self defense. The girl did set the owl on Sydney, it was a rational response." She paused. "Sort of."

Tracy faultered a bit with her stepping, leaning against the wall as she walked. She was feeling a bit faint again, this had happened alot lately.

Jay saw Tracy leaningagainst the wall so he stopped walking and put his hands on her arms. "You ok??" He asked. His gut turned when he remembered what Shay had put right above their heads.

Tracy waited for her head to come clear again before nodding. "Yeah, I'm fi.." She trailed off when she saw his expression change and looked confused. She looked around for a cause before seeing what was hanging over them. "Tell me that's not.."

"I would do but then I'd be lying." Jay laughed. "Shaylah did it. She said it was just for fun." Jay couldn't help but see how it could have turned out hilarious if it wasn't him and Tracy stood underneath it.

Tracy closed her eyes, took a deep breath and opened them again. The mistletoe was still there. "Just, tell me it isn't charmed and we can just walk away from it?" The last thing she needed today was to have a christmas kiss from her ex-husband.

"No, it's not." Jay laughed. For the second time, he was seeing what it was that made Tracy so attractive. He knew that she probably wouldn't want a kiss from him but he couldn't help but want one from her.

Tracy giggled and looked up at him. "The last thing we need is." Her speak began to slow down. "A kiss." She looked more closely at her ex. She noticed all the different colours in his eyes and, subconsciencly, moved closer to him.

Jay's heart missed a beat when Tracy moved towards him. He did the same thing and moved his hand up to her head. He started leaning forward not believing what he was doing when there was a knock at the door. You're kidding me. "I shall murder who ever is at the door." He joked and walked over to it opening it on his friend, Dervish. "Hey, Derv."

Tracy felt her heart skip as he leaned in, only to have the moment ruined by a knock a the door. She smiled faintly at Jays' comment and took a step backward, towards the kitchen, and flattened her hair as he answered the door. She didn't recognise the man at the door, the man addressed as 'Derv' by jay, so she held back.

Tracy looked up as she was addressed, she immediatley did a manners check and convnerted her attitude to the one she used at the posh parties where everyone fakes. "Hello." Her voice was pleasant but there was no emotion in it, there were some useful things that came from marrying Theo.

When Jay walked into the kitchen he laughed when he said hi to Tracy because Jay could tell it was thevoice Derv used for flirting yet no woman ever recognised it. "So, you've come here on christmas day when you could be spending your time with Sam." Jay grinned. "My guess is, you've got fed up of having fourteen other people in the house when you're banned from alcohol so you've come here to have a break from the stress"

Dervish grinned at Jay when he realise he'd been found out. "You know me too well Rouge." He laughed. "There's more than that at the moment. Paul's gone to France with Lindsay but Cloe's there with Kandee and Amber and Alexa are there as well. It's crazy."

Tracy stood in the corner, feeling slightly awkward as she had no idea who any of these people were. She heard a faint tapping sound coming from the door, she could barely hear it meaning the tow men definatley wouldn't "Jay, there's someone at the door I think." She waited for him to get it, hoping she was right and wouldn't look silly.

"Derv, help yourself to anything you want. Don't get too drunk though, I don't want Sam here asking me why I'm letting you have alcohol. She'd actuall kill me." Jay frowned. "Are you sure?? I didn't hear anything." Jay walked out the room and over to the front door. "Oh. Come in." Jay turned around and walked towards the kitchen."Tracy, it's your little Satan."

Marcus stood outside the front door, more than slightly scared. He had followed Shaylah's directions almost perfectly and it had taken him half an hour to get here, he had gotten lost once. When the door opened he was thankful it was Jay, something he'd never thought he'd feel.

Marcus followed him through to the kitchen, growling a bit when Jay called him a little satan. He forgot all about that though when he saw his mum, Marcus ran over to her and hugged her leg tightly, not wanting to let go.

Dervish grabbed a glass out the cupboard and poured himself a glass of firewhiskey. He laughed when he heard calling someone Satan. When he turned and looked at who it was, he saw a by who looked a bit yonger than Jerrod. "That's something none of my kids have ever done." He laughed

Tracy was confused by what Jay ment but understood instantly when her son appeared and attatched himself to her leg. She looked towards the door for her daughter aswell but she wasn't there. "Marcus, tell me you didn't walk here by yourself." She already knew the answer by the way he was clutching her leg, he had done the walk himself and gotten lost. "Sydney is hopeless sometimes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back