Christmas dinner

Tracy smiled and followed Jay back to the living room where her bag of presents were. "You have a nice house you know." It wasn't as impressive as her own but it had more of a homely feel to it. Hers had been quickly tidied for the funeral last month and hadn't really been touched since, hsi there were a few things on the floor; proof someone was living there.

"Something else that Shaylah picked." Jay laughed. "She pretty much rules the roost. I pay for everything that she chooses. I think the main reason she picked this house is because it's away from everyone else so it's quiet." He looked out the window at the trees that led to the woods and smiled when he saw the dog playing by itself.

Tracy followed his gaze and saw the dog. "Aww, he's cute. What's his name?"

(Sorry, extremely lame. Coudn't think of anything to post.)

"It's a she." He grinned. "Her name's Sasha." He laughed when he remembered how Shay wanted to take her to Hogwarts. In the end, she was only allowed to take the cats. "I'm not used to looking after her. When Shay was here, I did work while she looked after the animals. Before she left, she wrote me out a whole notebook for me to read about what I need to do and when."

Tracy grinned and laughed at the little story. "Yeah, you never really were too good around the house, chores and such." She spoke in a good manner, she had enjoyed the cooking and cleaning, now she had elves do it for her.

"At least I'm better at work than I am housework. Otherwise, I'd be stuffed." Jay grinned. He was good at doing all the paperwork and what not that he had to do for his job, no matter how much he hated it.

Tracy giggled again, she was in a rather giggly mood today. That ws probably due to the 'good luck' drinks she had had before she left, even though she was three months along. A teeny bit of drinking wouldn't hurt it, hopefully. "What do you do now then?" When she had left him he had no job as far as she remembered, the ending was a bit of a blur in her memory.

"I work in the ministry." Jay smiled knowing his job totally suited him no matter how boring it was. "I'm in the department of regulation and control of magical creatures." He had always been into animals since he was a little boy. "What about you?? Do you have a job??"

Tracy laughed and shook her head. "I was 'allowed' a shop for a while but that got taken so I am currently a housewife." Jay knew how Theodore ruled his house: the women had no need to work, therefore, shouldn't and wouldn't. It drove her insane.

"What kind of shop was it??" Jay always felt a connection to shop owners as his mum was one for most of her life. As Jay never met his dad, he had always been close to his mum.

Tracy grinned at the memory. "Fashion, clothes. It was lovely. Sydney adored it, poor girl was broken when she heard Theo made me shut it down." Never had she seen the girl so angry, at her father no less. The two had always argued but never had she spoken out of line or with disrespect as she had then.

Jay could never see what Tracy saw in Theodore. He wasn't exactly the best looking and he had a terrible personality. The only thing he had was money and power. "I expect she was." Jay laughed. He had only met Sydney once but she seemed like she loved fashion.

Tracy giggled again, slowl wondering if three shots of firewhiskey was one too many before coming out. It wasn't her fault she was stressed, this pregnancy was slightly different to her other three; She had gotten bigger slightly faster and she was feeling different than before. Tracy hicupped a little bit before turning back to Jay, not saying a word.

Jay laughed as he realised that Tracy had been drinking. "I take it you're already getting stressed because of being pregnant." He could remember her pregnant with Shaylah and the stress she would get into.

Tracy looked at him confused before coming to a conclusion of what, she assumed, he was thinking. "I'm not drunk!" She insisted before realising she sounded pretty drunk saying that. "And that didn't help me convince you at all."

Jay laughed more when she protested. "You got that right. How much have you actually drank??" Jay was just asking out of curiosity. He himself could down quite an amount before he even started to get tipsy.

Tracy looked to the floor, she was never one for handeling her alcohol. "Three shots before I left." She really never drunk much, making her a major lightweight.

"For you, that was probably like having eight shots." Jay knew how she drank very little so watching her after she has had some alcohol would always make him laugh.

Tracy looked at him angrily, or as angrily as she could at the moment. "That's mean Jay." She glared before laughing again.

Jay laughed again. "My point exactly." Jay gestured towards the kitchen. "Care for some more or would you like to at least look slightly sober in front of the kids??" He grinned.

Tracy shook her head. "Nah, I'll stay like I am, besides, alcohol isn't good for the baby." She put her hand on the bump that had started to show now.

ay grinned. "Fair enough." He walked back into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of firewhiskey before drinking some. "Do you know what time they're going to be here??"

Tracy followed him through and shook her head. "They're searching for last minute presents. It really depends on whether or not they run into anyone Syd knows. Then they'll be there for ages." Tracy paused for a second. "Is anyone else coming over? Other than me and the kids."

"No. I was only asing because Shaylah makes her own arrangement all the time. I only knew she was going out this monin when she said she'd be back in time for dinner." Jay smiled. As Shay was home alone so much, she pretty much did as she wanted.

Tracy nodded and smiled. "Hopefully no unexpected guests either then?" Tracy didn't like unexpected things, the main reason she didn't notice her pregnancy symptoms for over a month, they tended to cause trouble or drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back