Christmas dinner

"It probably wasn't to bad." Jay grinned. "It's only about ten minutes from the harbor. Most of it's through the woods though." Jay had made the walk many times and knew the way very well.

Marcus looked to the floor and stepped away from his mum. He was tired and finding all three people confusing because of it. The small boy wasn't used to walking so much in one day, add the fact he could barely keep up with the girls in town, he was suprised he could still stand. Marcus let out a huge yawn.

Tracy smiled politley. "Jay and my son don't get along." She still remembered the day Marcus almost got Jay in trouble for 'kidnapping a young boy'. "Jay have you got anywhere for him to nap quickly?" She could tell he was close to his grouchy stage and with Jay around, it really wouldn't go well.

"He has a choice between the sofa and one of the spare rooms." He smiled. "The spare rooms are the two doors at the end of the hallway upstairs." Jay had never like Marcus but he'd put up with him when needed.

Tracy lead her son through to the lounge and left him there to sleep, knowing full well no-body would see him when they next walked in. He had a habit of sleeping in the most awkward places and positions. She made her way back to the kitchen, back to the men. "He's sound asleep in the living room."

Dervish was now on his second glass of firewhiskey so he was starting to slur his words a bit. "If my kids were that easy then I wouldn't be here right now, I'd be at my house." Dervish's youngest son, Jerrod, was hell. He'd punch someone just bcause they were looking at him oddly.

Benson smiled as he re-read his letter to an old freind. He knew that he would be welsomed into the house on christmas with his family, mainly because Jay was never able to say no to him. He grinned widely and signed the bottom of the page.

Jay Rouge said:
My Dear Friend,

It has been many years since we have seen each other and I feel this is not right. Ivana misses Shaylah something fierce and, as I'm sure you remember, we have some business to settle. Due to these circumstances and the fact we are in New Zealand for Christmas, it felt only right to come over on this magical day and spend it with old friends.

I hope that, by doing this, we are not un-welcome in our actions and that we will be invited into your home. Ivana has been looking forward to this day since before I made my mind up, she was convinced I'd say yes so I had to. Could you say no to Shaylah? Do not write back, it would be a waste of time and parchment

I will see you shortly,
Yours,
B. Kalforovich

Benson sealed the letter and attatched it to his owls leg before exiting his home study, in Bulgaria, to make sure his family was ready to leave. Maybe he had lied a little bit to Jay but the man should be used to it by now and he was there under important issues. Their childrens future. Benson was drawn from his thought by a girls cry of "Daddy." He smiled fondly at the sound of his only daughter and walked towards the sound of her voice, willing to help her with whatever the trouble was

Jay smiled when he saw Dervish's owl come through the open window and drop a letter on the table before leaving. Jay picked up the letter and noticed that it had his name on it and not Dervish's. He read the letter and started getting slightly worried. "Derv, does your wife spy or something. In this letter it says I know he's at your house, Jay, so don't bother denying itbut if you give him firewhiskey you're going to wish there were more hiding places in that house of yours." Jay looked up at Dervish. "If she realises you've had firewhiskey, I am going to murder you." Sam had always been vicious when she was in a bad mood.
Jay then turned when another owl came through the window. He took the letter from the owl and recognised the handwriting straight away. He read through the letter and got excited at the same time as confused. He was excited that he was seeing his old friend who he hadn't seen in a fair few years but he was confused because he had no idea what this 'business' was. He would have to wait and ask Benson when he arrived.

Tracy smiled at Dervish's comment and chuckled. "He may act tough but he can be a huge wimp sometimes. Though I cn garentee you, you wont see him in there if you walk in ther now." She smiled before noticing Jay with a letter and a grin on his face. "Who's that from?" She frowned in confusion.

"It's from an old friend. He says he's going to pop by here with his wife and kids in a bit. You might know them. I think you met them. The Kalforviches. Taneaka and Benson." Jay grinned wondering if Tracy would remember someone from that long ago.

Benson apparated outside the family friends house, the Rouge's. He paused, making sure the rest of his family make it without splinching themselves. When he was sure his children were fine, he knew Taneaka could take care of herself, he entered their house.

"Rouge!" Bensons booming voice echoed through the lower floor before he heard voices from the kitchen. He followed through to the room where he noticed three people, one he didn't know, one he barely recognised and the man he came to see. He slamed his hand onto his shoulder hard and paused for dramatic effect. "Merry christmas." He grinned after causing major tension in the air.

Jay jumped five foot in the air when a voice shouted his name. Usually he wouldn't have been effected by it but he ws off his guard at the moment and wasn't expecting it at all. He beamed when he saw his old friend. "Benson Kalforovich. Dramatic as aways I see." He laughed "I see the family's grown." Last time he had seen the kids, they had been tiny.

Taneaka followed her husband through, laughing when she saw Jay jump to the sky. She stood in the corner, with the kids, until she saw someone she didn't expect to. Tracy was still around. "Tracy! I honestly didn't expect you to still be around darliong. " She grinned and went to walk over to her when she noticed a different bloke standing in the corner, she grinned wider and changed direction for him. "Hello, you are..?"

Dervish laughed slightly when he saw his friend jump in the air. He hadn't noticed the other woman that had walked in until she started speaking. He grinned and looked down at her as he wobbled slightly from being tipsy. "Why, hello there."He smiled as he kissed her hand. "The name's Dervish. Who might you be??"

Benson Rolled his eyes at his wife's obvious flirting with good humor, he was fine with her cheasting, they ahd already said that. "Jay, As I mentioned in my letter I am here on business, Is there a place we may speak privatley?" He spoke with his business voice, not the one he usually used around his friend. He turned to see his children had gone to sit in the living room, at least they were making themselves at home already.,

Jay's face turned serious when Benson started talking again. He knew Benson well and everything was serious when he was using that voice. "Yeah, there's my study across the hall." Jay led him to the room then closed the door. Leaning against the desk, he asked "So, what's all this about??" He truly had no idea what business they needed to get sorted.

Taneaka smiled at the man, he was almost certainly a bit drunk, definatley tipsy, that's how she preferred it. Most of the guys she went for tended to be married so it helped if they were drunk. "I would be Taneaka. Tell me, is there a mrs Dervish?" She leant into him, enough so he would smell her perfume, and smiled seductivley. Even if there was she would't be put off, he was cute and she was bored.

Dervish smiled. "Yes there is." He got a sudden waft of perfume and breathed in deeply. "But for you, she can disappear." He laughed. "Shall we get somewhere more..." He looked round. "...private??" He saw Tracy stood there but didn't care. She was obviouly uninterested in him.

Tracy watched the two people flirt, both honest abou thteir marriages but willing to forget about them for a while. She shook her head, smiling, and went through to the living room where she saw the two children that came in with Taneaka and Benson and she noticed her sons' shoe sticking out from the back of the sofa. She could hear MArcus' little snores and saw the other two confused. Tracy just sat down, still smiling.

Shaylah opened the front door and left it open for Sydney and Steph to comein. "Dad!!" She shouted. "I'm back!!" She led her friends into the kitchen and checked the food to make sure he hadn't burnt it. It didn't look all that bad. Then again, Shay had done most of it. "You'll be glad to know, the food seems to be safe to eat." She laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back