Character Spotlight: October 2024

Greetings, HNZers!

I have returned for this spooky month to introduce a new spotlighted character - but this character is not spooky at all. Just the opposite. Just as a reminder, the character spotlight is our chance to look through bios, developments, etc to see what might catch our eye. We even look at the RPs too. ;)

To the important part, yeah? This month, we are spotlighting a first year, Jonah Edogawa, roleplayed by Marga! :marga:
So, let's celebrate this amazing first year that is a hoot to read from the Queen of Hufflepuffs herself! Ask Marga all the questions, she will love to answer them all.

While we are at it, why not take a look at Jonah's biography, relationships, aesthetic, theme, and questionnaire?
What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
PMs have a tendency of freaking me out :r Especially when it’s from staff xD Thankfully, they seem to know that and I love them for it since the title said I’m not in trouble =)) I may have yelled excitedly in the office when I saw and got weird looks from my workmates but all is well :r

What was the inspiration for your character?
Oh god. I think when I was figuring him out, I told myself and Zazz that it feels like he’ll take after her aunt - my old main character account, Ai Edogawa. And maybe a dash of his dad.

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
Do I have to choose?! I’ve narrowed it down to Top 3 (hopefully staff loves me enough to let me stick with Top 3 :r )

Not The Bathroom But This Is Fine was probably the first thread that I started to really figure Jonah out.
Little B&E Can’t Hurt cannot not be a favorite because hello? How many people get to say they broke into the Headmaster’s office?
so help me was probably the saddest Jonah roleplay I’ve had, considering he’s 11 and should not be this sad, and I’m still looking forward to his developments post this thread.

What is your favourite aspect of your character?
His impulsiveness. I never know which direction a thread will go when I have Jonah on it. One moment he could be sobbing and the next he’s breaking into the Headmaster’s office.

Your least favourite aspect?
He can be a bit hyperfocused. He was quite focused on the fact he was stuck in Hufflepuff away from his siblings and he’d done some pretty bizarre stuff. And then hyperfocused on not liking poor Landon and Grace. I’m hoping he grows out of it since he’s 11:tut:

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
The poor mortals that would be affected by us two hurricanes meeting each other. I think we’ll have a fun time of it. I am, sadly for everyone that will be involved, am an enabler so I’ll totally be the one telling Jonah “why not”. I totally think it’ll be fun to unleash us into the world.

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
I’m always game to explore. You can throw me and my characters into a thread and I’m fine whether we sink or swim. =)) There’s a chance the thread won’t turn out the way we originally planned it, but I can at least assure you that the characters will be 100% them.

Your weakness?
I never remember to write things down. For most things, I’m pretty reliant on what my brain remembers. Thankfully, I can look back on most threads for the really well-developed ones and in-demands for threads like Conan and Jonah. Otherwise, I just hope my brain remembers what the characters are like.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
Say yes to all the threads! Okay so maybe not all, but throw your characters everywhere with little to no expectations! Open threads are your friends. Jonah’s best friends were found in an open thread :r . Cause a little chaos or a lot of chaos (I heard the Headmaster is a bit tolerant of students breaking in). I think I learn and develop the most of my character in the randomest threads.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
Keeping up with my activity. :r
There’s the Duelling Tournament! And Valentine’s season! I haven’t spent holiday season in HNZ in so long too.

What is your favourite part of HNZ?
It’s always been the community. I’ve been in and out of the site for years and all it usually takes to have me back on the board is one message because I miss HNZ when I’m away - I just tend to get distracted way too often. So I’m looking forward to interacting more with everyone as the weeks and months roll by as I do my best to not get distracted =))
And that is it for the Spotlight! Congrats again, Marga!

~ Ghost
(On behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

Congrats Marga!!

Congrats Marga! Jonah is so fun!! Always love reading his threads! Can’t wait to see more of him around the site hehe!

OMG Congrats Marga!! Jonah is so funny to read, makes me giggle! Well deserved! Just saying we should definitely throw Jonah and Lili in a thread together :teehee: But honestly congrats <3

Congratulations Marga! I do enjoy reading anything with Jonah in. :wub:

Congrats Marga! Jonah is a ball of chaos and I love it xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back