Closed Buy one get one free (Marriage Style)

Ten sniggered.

It was the perfect chance, time and place, and as Mary Lou hugged him, Wendall tightened his own grip around her waist. Was that a yes? After a moment he pulled back, looking between Mary Lou and the other guests. “We could do it right here, we have everything,” He wouldn’t even mind Leda killing him when he got home if it meant he got home with Mary Lou too. “Do you want to?” He turned to Leda, “Can we?”

Mary Lou let go of Wendall and nodded, "yes, let's do it now!" all thoughts of telling her Uncle and inviting her friends to join in on this left her, she would deal with that later as she left Wendall and ran to Monty, grabbing his hands. "Can you walk me down the aisle? Please! You're the only one who can do it!"

Leda was staring open mouthed at this point, not knowing what to do or say. On the one hand who was she to let Wendall get married, under her care, at just 18? That being said, they were their own people, adults, and could Leda really talk when she was only 23 herself? As Mary Lou went to find Monty, Leda moved over to Wendall, talking to him quietly. “Are you sure you want to do this? You’re talking about spending your whole life with her, and she seems nice but it’s not something to take lightly.” Leda realised she’d never really been too involved in Wendalls life, only that she had managed to help keep him alive when he stayed with them. “If it’s what you want to do then I’ll support you,” After all, it’s what Olive would have done for her.

Wendalls smile was bigger than his face when Mary Lou agreed, and he watched her run over to Monty. Turning to Leda, he knew his cousin meant well, but it wasn’t as though they’d only been together a few days and decided to get married! “When you know you know,” he nodded, grateful that no one seemed to be mad at their decision. Was this really happening right now? Wendall straighten out his suit, running a hand through his hair, and prepared himself for round two.

Ten groaned as she realised she was going to have to sit down all over again, and grumpily took the nearest chair she could find. She’d already watched one wedding and one yucky kiss, she was bored at this point and just wanted to go and eat some cake.

Everything was happening awfully quickly. Not just in the sense that five minutes ago, Wendall and Mary Lou hadn't even been engaged, and now they were talking about getting married, but also in the sense that they were very, very young. When Monty had hoped for an invitation to their wedding, he hadn't meant this wedding. They were barely adults. And though Wendall was a nice boy, Monty was hesitant to encourage such a hasty marriage. Perhaps it was because he still vividly recalled the panic he'd felt when Mary Lou had had an allergic reaction in his classroom, or perhaps it was simply the father in him, but he felt he had a responsibility for her welfare. "I - er... Goodness." He gave her hands a squeeze and lowered his voice. "I would, but... don't you think it might be better to wait a little while? Marriage isn't something you ought to rush into. Wendall, the venue - everything will still be here in a year or so. You don't have to get married today."

Mary Lou loved Monty, he was one of her absolutely favourite people in the whole of the world, and that he was no longer her professor had greatly upset her. Still, she trusted him more than a lot of people in the world and she wanted him to understand why this was important to her - she hoped he would understand at least. Smiling at him, she reached up and pet him softly on the cheek. "I appreciate what you're trying to do, I really do and a long time ago I would have done anything to listen to you and make you happy, but that's the thing, I realised with Wendall that it's not everyone else who's happiness I need to worry about, it's mine," she said, looking over at him, with as much love in her eyes for Wendall as she could muster. He was going to be her home and she wanted nothing more. Lowering her voice to the same range as Monty's she leaned in a little, "Wendall wants to be my family, he asked me what I want and no one has ever done that for me before. I want this, I want to be a real part of his life and of his family. I'm doing this because I want to and I feel like it's the first real decision I've ever made in my life, without someone else making that decision for me."

She nodded to him, "do you understand?"

Leda nodded, understanding what Wendall meant. If it was what he really wanted and they knew what they were getting into, why should they use the wedding they already had set up. The former Slytherin straightened the boys tie, brushing down his suit to make sure he looked his best, before glancing across the room at her husband. God that sounded strange. Mervyn seemed to be keeping the peace in his usual laid back attitude, but whatever happened she knew Mervyn would understand. She nodded to Monty, glad even more so that he was here too. Taking a few steps over towards the pair, they were having a discussion of their own as to whether it was the right thing to do. “Are you ready to have another cousin?” She smiled at Monty, eyes flicking to Mary Lou to make sure she was prepared.

Felix frowned when the blonde girl decided to get married. Whatever, he didn’t like her anyway. He crossed his arms and mimicked his sister, sitting beside her and waiting to see what would happened next. This day was very long already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back