Brotherhood of MAGIC Recruitment

Preston Paine

Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Preston strolled out of the Great Hall, his spirits high today. It was quite a change from how he'd begun the previous year. Now a sixth year, Preston felt like his world was sort of coming together. He had Peter and Sergios to thank for that. They'd pulled him aside just before he'd hopped on the train for home to name him the next Brotherhood president. He'd been shocked at first, but the promotion had helped Preston to put a lot of things into perspective over the holidays. Sure, he was a muggleborn but that didn't mean that everyone had a problem with that. Preston knew now that rather than trying to fit in with people who would never accept the part of him that he absolutely couldn't change, he needed to surround himself with people who'd appreciate him for who he was. Preston was still trying to figure out who he was, but he felt like he was on the right track.

Taking a seat at a small table, Preston took some Brotherhood swag out of his backpack and placed the items around the table - buttons, folders, stickers, and even a t-shirt or two. He was wearing his, which he'd used magic to add the word 'President' on. The sixth year Slytherin leaned back in the seat, waiting to see whether some returning members would join him and if they'd get some new blood. He had some ideas for this year, but he'd need support to do it.

OOCOut of Character:
If you are a boy (all years accepted) and you want a place to just hang-out with other boys, away from all the girls, then PM me for membership. Also feel free to RP in this topic and ask questions and feel free to join if you are already a member.

Avie hadn't been too interested in clubs during first year. He had pretty much made his own fun for the entire time, but he was very interested in doing more around the school now that he was a returning second year. Even if this meant that some of the fun that he'd been having had to be put on hold. After the whole Styx hug, he'd been told several times that he was crazy for having done such a thing, he disagreed but the amount who'd told him to watch his back and be careful had sort of inspired the Slytherin to sort of implant himself more into the school. He had to make sure that he was hard to get rid of, and had plenty of places he could go, if his antics maybe lead him into getting into more trouble. With that said, he had decided that one of these things that he wanted to do was the Brotherhood. He knew for a fact that they had a common room, which he was sure the professors weren't actually allowed into. Or well, he hoped. It was far enough away from slytherin so, he was sure that he would fine there if he did too much.

Seated in the Great Hall, Avie was glancing around himself, trying to spot any of his friends, but having no such luck, not even his roommate. Which was boring. He smiled to himself though, stuffing his face with the food in front of him, when he noticed one of the Slytherin prefects setting up a table with some brotherhood stuff on it. He gave a small smile and wiping his hands on first the napkin and then his jeans, before he wandered over to the older student. He smiled at him and gave a small wave. "This is the sign up for the Brotherhood right?" He asked excitedly, trying to keep as calm as possible. He didn't want to not be allowed to join because he was slightly overly excited. He wasn't sure what else to do about it. "Where do I put my name, and also, I don't have a pen to sign with, so do you have one of those" he said, despite the fact that the term was starting soon, Avie had in no way unpacked for the term. He just hoped that this older boy was more prepared than Avie was.

Isaiah had been wondering around the school a lot. It was endlessly interesting to him. He had written to his family several times. Though they were much slower at responding than he was. Which he could understand. His family had much more to do, he was just at school. For the first time in a while, Isaiah was the member of his family who was not busy. He smiled to himself as he wandered down from the Ravenclaw tower to the great hall. He was loving both being a Ravenclaw and being so high up. He liked the fact that education things were not frowned upon in his house and he didn't have to really think about being the weird boy who constantly had his head in a book. He was smiling to himself, truly happy with his decision to come to Hogwarts. A few months before he had not planned to come. He had intended to just stay a muggle and be with his family. But, after some persuading, he had decided that this was the best option. And it was the best decision. Isaiah was always making up stories in his head, but never before had he made so many up about one place.

Isaiah as he entered the Great Hall, noticed a boy talking to much older student. Both of them didn't look as though they were in his house. Which made Isaiah just feel a little nervous about approaching, so he entered the hall a little more, just so he could see what it was. As it turned out, it was for the brotherhood. Isaiah smiled to himself as he then decided to approach the pair, hearing the end that the younger of the two didn't have a pen. This was the perfect entrance for him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen, holding it out the younger of the two, "Here, use mine," Isaiah said politely, before looking up at the much older student. "What kind of things does the brotherhood do?" he asked, While Isaiah was definitely interested in joining he was also wanting to know what kind of things they did. "I want to join, but, I also want to know about what kind of things are done?" Isaiah just wanted to be sure that it was in fact the right kind of club for him to join. Though really he had already made his mind up about joining, and generally there was swaying that.

Preston recognised the boy who approached the table and hid the smirk threatening to cross his face. This was the kid that everyone had been talking about on the first night back because he'd actually hugged Styx. It had been the talk of the common room for the first evening. With a nod, Preston leaned forward, elbows on the table. "Yup! You put your name right here" Preston stated, sliding the clipboard towards the student. As another student stepped forward with a quill, Preston gave the kid a smile.

"I'm Preston, the president. You're Avie, right?" he asked, his attention back on the Slytherin for a moment. "What you did the other night...hugging Styx. That took...guts" he finished, replacing the word he'd been thinking of with a more appropriate one for the kids before him. "Mostly, the group just hangs out together. The common room has a couple of game tables and a fridge. I'm hoping that we do a bit more this year...maybe some mentoring between the older members and younger ones...a party, I'm working on a couple of ideas. We'll be having a meeting next week to come up with things. You should come" he stated to both boys.

Gajeel had not found anything that took much of his interest lately. In fact, the only thing enough to have caught his interest was the quidditch try-outs and he had to admit that he had been excited for that for months. But anything else had failed to catch his attention so far. Even classes had been a bore to him and the only way to keep his entertainment so far was watching Levy when they had classes together. He had heard that his sister had made it a point to ask every professor in every lesson at least one question. Well, that was most certainly interesting to watch indeed. As the young boy wandered around the Great Hall he had stumbled upon the sign-ups for the Brotherhood of Magic.

Well, he really wasn't one to join organizations and clubs, but seeing as he had only joined the Quidditch team so far, he thought that he might as well try joining this. It could be interesting, well, at least he hoped it would be interesting. Hands stuffed in his pocket, he strode towards the sign-ups that was now crowded with two boys, both of which were the same age as him, or almost probably. The other boy was much older than any of them, that much she was sure of. The young boy merely looked at the boy who introduced himself as president before deciding to announce his willingness to join. "Hey. Am I allowed to join this brotherhood?" the Gryffindor asked with less enthusiasm and more curiosity. Nevertheless, he was quite serious in wanting to join though.

Turning his attention to the boy who spoke, Preston made his face as serious as possible. He folded his hands and sat up straight. "I don't know. I have to ask you a few questions and if you answer them correctly then maybe, just maybe you can join." Preston reached for the clipboard, pretending to read over a question. " Question number one: Can you keep a secret?" He remained serious, leaning forward though it was getting harder by the moment. "And the most important question. Ready? Are you a guy?" At this point Preston could no longer stifle his grin. He sat back in his usual relaxed pose.

Gajeel kept his hands in his pockets as the Slytherin boy spoke all too seriously. Was this club really that serious about its members? Gajeel hoped not. He didn't appreciate too much seriousness though perhaps he could deal with it? He wasn't entirely sure. Though perhaps the questions this older boy were going to give him would be pretty easy. Well, it seems like he was right though. His features remained apathetic as he thought about this question. Why did they ask this question again? Does he look anywhere close to a blabbermouth? He didn't think so for as far as he could tell, he was yet to actually find someone he could get along with in this castle. He talked to no one and no one talked to him. He did not expect though that second question and his features formed into a frown. Did he not look like a guy? He was about to retort really, until he noticed the grin the leader of the club now held. "Tch. Of course I'm a guy and I can keep a d*mn secret," he grumbled out with a small frown at their leader though unconsciously, his lips were forming a grin. Yep, maybe he could fit quite well in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back