Bi-Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Welcome to another BWU, nothing very exciting to say up here, it's all in the news! So have a read and get excited!!

SORTING
So ya'll probably know by now, that sorting is up and running. It will still be open for another couple of weeks, so if you have anyone you are interested in bringing to Hogwarts, now is the time to get creating! Read the full announcement here!
A reminder to please be patient with the 'Transfers', you will be let known before the semester starts!
First years, remember to get your wands and all your other shopping supplies!

Wrapping up Y18
It's time to wrap up any RPs you had going in Y18, and get ready for a new year!
A reminder to the grads to put in a request for a group change if you don't want to be in the 'Members' group ^_^

Accio! Y18
Hogwarts' Yearbook, Accio! has been released for Y18!
Come and check it out here, and also please remember to take a moment to thank the lovelies that make the Yearbook happen each year ^_^

Hiring Professors
As it happens during semesters and year breaks, Hogwarts needs some new Professors! The school is looking for a new Herbology Professor and a new Muggle Studies Professor. Do you have an adult character that you think fits the bill? Come and apply here!
Just a reminder that being a Professor is something that you need to be able to devote some time to, it may not be as easy as it seems!

Quidditch?!
In case you didn't know, there has been a huge new change to Quidditich! Cyndi and Nick have worked hard on giving it a bit of a boost to make it easier for us to play! Read the full announcement, and ask any questions here! I for one am so excited to get this going!
Remember to try out for Quidditch this year - the try-outs should be up and running now! :)

Applications closed temporarily
As it is sorting time, our larger application types (special abilities, pureblood, special plot requests, etc.) have been temporarily closed downnn. Once everything slows down and we get back to normal, it will be opened! Thank-you for your patience with this ^_^

Time to get MESSI!
It's Superb September! (For just a bit longer hehe)
The lovely MESSI team have gotten together a fantastic competition for us to join in on - a Lyric Competition!
I can't wait to see all the creative things you guys come up with, so make sure you join in! Remember that you can make it however you want, we are just looking at the lyrics, but to see all the rules (which aren't that many), head over here to join in! Can't wait!

Character Spotlight
We have a new Character to shine! This time, we chose the lovely Tamara with Paige Rivers!
Come check the full announcement here, and help us in congratulating such a wonderful character!
[ul]
[li]I Almost Do
A year and a half has past since Faxen Lowart rejected Dymetris Kozlov's proposal, resulting in a nasty break up. Dymetris happens to show up at a show where Faxen is performing. The two ex-lovers talk for the first time since they ended their relationship.</LI>

[li]A shop warming party.
After taking ownership of the dinette in makutu mall and having renovations done. Tara and Leigh have a shop warming party which the whole wizarding community is invited to attend.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li] LOTS OF EXCITING PLOTS!
[li] Playing Quidditch!
[li] Another new year!
<LI>[li] MOAR SORTING! [/li][/ul]
Phew that was exciting! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please comment below! ^_^
~Donna :donna:
(on behalf of Site Staff)

Great update Donna.
looking forward to the next year starting. i wonder who the new head people and prefects will be?
also I am emphasising that anyone who wants to should join the makutu Dinettes reopening party.

Great Update Donnana!

Thanks for the great update Donna!!!

Ooooh~ Quidditch!!! :woot:

Thanks for taking care of the update this time around, Donna.

Also, Accio! looks amazing as usual. Thank you all so much for the work and time you spend preparing this for us! ^_^ :hug:
I challenge everyone to submit a picture next IC year. It'd be cool to see a yearbook without a not pictured section. :r :cool:

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
I challenge everyone to submit a picture next IC year. It'd be cool to see a yearbook without a not pictured section. :r :cool:
It would be cool to have some sort of award for that per class year or something. :r

Hadan Hensel said:
Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
It would be cool to have some sort of award for that per class year or something. :r
Sure, they'd have the satisfaction of knowing that they all posted their pictures. ^_^
Satisfaction is its own reward. :r

It's a busy time of year on HNZ - thanks for posting the BWU, Donna. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back