OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 12.5'' Flexible Larch Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
The Duelling Tournament was coming up, and lacking her usual muggle sports outlets, Harper was feeling extra competitive. She wanted to at the very least do better than she had last year, if not make it to the finals. She'd already had DADA this year, which would help — but so had everyone else. That's why she'd decided to spend some extra time in the Duelling Chamber, going over the third year charms they had yet to learn, as well as the random spells in the backs of their textbooks, the ones the professors never went over.

Though the Duelling Chamber (and the dungeons in general) were kind of dreary, the location had one positive — its proximity to the Kitchens. Armed with her textbooks and a bag filled with snacks she'd filched, Harper made her way to the empty chamber. She'd agreed to meet up with Hilda to practice some spells together, but it wouldn't be a proper hangout with Hilda if there wasn't food. Sitting down in the middle of the room, Harper started to spread out the snacks in a makeshift picnic. She cracked open a book and started to read as she waited for her friend to arrive.

The main hall of the dungeons were silent, until hasty footsteps were heard.Hilda was late again, a quarter of an hour this time, fortunately it wasn't for class.When Harper suggested that she go train together before the dueling tournament, she immediately agreed.Arriving in front of the dueling chamber, she caught her breath before opening the large wooden door.

"Oh my god! You brought some food! I adore you Alston!" she said seeing her friend in the middle of the room with several snacks next to her.Hilda moved closer to her friend "Sorry for being late ! I had promised to myself to not be distracted by something but you know me" She sat down next to her, gazing at her book "What are you reading?" Hilda wondered if Harper had already started. to revise the spells for the matches.

The door opened, revealing Hilda, and Harper laughed at her excitement. "Who says I brought this food for you? Maybe you'll have to duel me for it," she joked, even as she pushed a couple of wrapped cherry candies and a packet of cinnamon rolls towards Hilda. Now there was an idea. Maybe the SDA could award tournament winners with food alongside the usual badges. She waved off the other girl's apology. "You're not late, I just got here."

Harper tilted her DADA textbook back so that Hilda could see the cover. "Did you know there's a jelly fingers curse and a jelly brain jinx? They seem pretty useful. You could get your opponent to drop their wand or stop them from thinking clearly." There were a lot of weird jinxes and hexes in the textbook, but she was focused on finding the ones that could help her win. She didn't need her opponent to grow antlers or fall over; she needed to knock them out. "Kinda wish we went over those spells instead of the jelly legs jinx in class." She helped herself to a handful of popcorn and twisted the book around so that Hilda could see the incantations.

"Oh so it's like that?" Hilda took a falsely annoyed expression before returning to her usual big smile when she saw the packages her friend was passing her."My god you remembered these were my favorites, you really are the best!"Hilda picked up a roll of cinnamon before tackling the cherry candies.

Hilda read the cover “Oh ok, it's DADA!I know these spells from afar ... do we agree they look super ultra cool ? "Hilda loved the spells which were more spectacular than the effectives ones but when you could mix the two then it was the best of the best. "Yeah that's what i was thinking ! But that's why where here my dear friend , to learn that by ourselves." she said proudly to Harper before wiping some cinnamon from the corner of her mouth." And i also really need to learn how to eat " Hilda joked before looking at the incantations .

Last edited:
"Of course I am," Harper joked, trying to toss her hair over her shoulder. The effect was somewhat lessened by the fact that her hair was up in its usual ponytail. She laughed when Hilda asked if the spells looked cool. "Uh, probably not." She doubted a spell that made people drop things could ever look very cool. "If you want spells that look cool, there's the fire-making spell. Or the Bedazzling Hex," she said, trying to remember some of the spells she'd read about.

Harper nodded as Hilda pointed out that they'd at least get some practice now. Hopefully no one else had the same idea though she wouldn't be surprised if Ivy had already read all the third year and fourth year textbooks cover to cover. "Want me to scourgify you?" she joked. "Hey, do you think you could use that spell to get soap in someone's eye during a duel?" she asked, more seriously. Getting swarmed with bubbles would definitely be distracting. And probably unexpected. Harper withdrew her wand. "Which one should we practice first?"

Hilda laughed at Harper's remark before looking at the book above her friend's shoulder. The girl was eager to learn the fire spell, but it wasn't the spell she intended to use in a friendly duel. She was more for learning the Bedazzling Hex.

"Yeah go ahead scourgify me ! " Hilda was joking but maybe she would look more clean after that , she wondered if the spell had worked on humans . " Oh, Maybe ! " She thought it was a great idea because what more annoying than having soap in you eyes ? "Why not start with the Jelly Fingers curse ?" she proposed while getting up "Or do you have another idea ?".

Harper laughed. "Scourgify!" she said, tossing a paper napkin at Hilda. She took one for herself and started to wipe her fingers clean. It seemed that Hilda thought her idea might have merit, and Harper made a mental note to try it out sometime. She knew she would definitely be distracted if she got soap in her eyes.

"We can start with jelly fingers," Harper agreed. "Hopefully no one else will be expecting it." Stunning spells were efficient, but predictable. If she wanted to do well in the tournament, she needed the advantage of surprise. Harper fetched her wand and stood up. "Ready?" After a second, she sent the spell towards Hilda and waited to see if the other girl would drop her wand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back