Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Open after Daphne posts with Alice

After last year, Elliot had to admit the Yule Ball was a little tainted with bad memories. But he was still hopeful he and Lars could move past whatever friendship limbo they were in now, and it would feel weird to avoid the ball just because of the lingering hurt from last year, so Elliot had tried to put on something nice and let himself enjoy the celebrations this year. He'd always enjoyed celebrating holidays, especially when the hall was decked out with snow and other winter-y decorations. It helped made a Summer-time Yule feel less weird and little more like home to him.

Skirting around the dance floor, Elliot did remember why going to the ball alone was a little weird, hoping he might spot Lily or maybe Nell or Kace about. Though if Clifton and Lily were here together he'd probably rather let them do their own couple-y things. He was relieved when he saw Alice though, smiling as he moved over and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, Alice, you look nice tonight," He said before motioning to the dance floor, finding he was a little tired of standing off to the side tonight. "Are you here with someone? I think I owe you a dance with some interest," Elliot said sheepishly.

Alice had considered not going to the yule ball, after last year it felt... like a strange celebration. She had been hurt really badly by Blake, and the memories seemed fresh again as she stepped into the great hall on her own. As if the universe was mocking her, her gaze landed on Blake almost immediately. She noticed he was here with some blond girl, a pretty girl she vaguely recognized. She didn't feel jealous, exactly, but there was still a lot of hurt there. Alice quickly moved to the side so a group of students blocked her view of her ex-boyfriend more easily. She was thinking of what to do, who to look for, when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Alice turned to see Elliot, and smiled brightly at him."Hi Elliot, you look nice too." She said, taking him in. "Did you get taller?" She added with a small laugh. She knew that the yule ball had been painful for Elliot too last year, so she felt like them spending some time together was a good idea. "I'm on my own." She told him. "And I would love to dance with you. Though I'm curious what interest looks like when it comes to dancing." She said with a slight smile.

Elliot flushed when Alice returned the compliment, ducking his head at the comment about getting taller. "Not in the last few days I don't think," He mumbled, scratching his cheek. He was relieved Alice was in a mood to dance, hoping she could still have fun at the ball too after her own disastrous date last year. Even though he'd known it had sucked for them both, Elliot had really appreciated being able to talk to Alice about their shared disastrous break-ups, and was eager to return the favour even if it just meant some questionably bad dancing tonight to cheer her up. "Great," He said with a small smile, holding out a hand to head to the dance. "I imagine it involves kinda the same stuff, just with a little more uh- Pizazz, on the arm movements," He joked, trying to remember where to put his hands when they made it out to the dance floor. "I'm going to feel really bad if I forgot everything you showed me now."

Alice laughed softly as Ellot sad he didn't think he had gotten taller in the last few days. She shrugged. "Maybe I just noticed." She said softly. Spending time with Elliot at the yule ball seemed like the right thing, and she was grateful to him for approaching her. They had both been hurt a lot last year, and now... they were over it, mostly. She figured Elliot understood her better than anyone else on that front, and she had really appreciated their talk about it in the common room. She giggled at his joke, imagining it. "Well, I would be interested in seeing that." She joked back, taking his hand and following him to the dance floor. "I think you'll be fine." She said gently as she stopped once they had found a spot on the dance floor. She placed her hands on Elliot's shoulders and started swaying to the music, a slight smile on her face. "What I showed you really wasn't all that impressive anyway." She confided in him. "I didn't know that much more than you. It's all about the confidence."

Elliot ducked his head again as they moved out to the dance floor, moving to shake it in a fervent pleading no. "Maybe I could pay it off in chocolate frogs or something instead?" He offered with a nervous laugh. He'd always appreciated Alice's gentle reassurance, even back in his first year. When Elliot had gotten his prefect badge, he'd immediately tried to imagine how Alice managed things to stop himself from panicking on his first day back at school, which had been helpful until the slime debacle at the feast. "It was very impressive to 11 year old me, promise," He said with a small smile, feeling his ears go warm as Alice rested her hands on his shoulders and started them swaying. Trying to ignore the nervous, fluttering feeling in his stomach, Elliot gently places his own hands on her waist, trying to focus on their swaying and not how close he was standing or if he was staring too much. "I'm uh- I'm glad you're my friend, Alice," He admitted, suddenly feeling the urge to let her know just how much he did appreciate her.

Alice laughed softly as he offered to pay it off in chocolate frogs, and she thought about it for a moment. "Maybe, or maybe in company? I know OWL year is killer, but I feel like we haven't spent much time together lately, and it is always nice to talk." She admitted, feeling oddly shy all of a sudden as she told him this. She grinned as Elliot said her dance moves had been impressive to eleven year old him, and it turned into a fond smile as she thought back to that moment. "You were so nervous." She told him. "But you did really well, and you definitely improved." She said as they swayed together. She met his gaze as he told her he appreciated her as a friend, feeling a flutter in her chest for a moment. She smiled at him, lowering her eyes for a moment. "I'm glad you're my friend too." She said softly, her voice sincere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back