A thought or a prayer

Summer :console:

I know it is hard on you I went though the same thing when I was 16 my grandma passed away. I know it must feel like someone has gone and ripped out your heart and tossed it on the ground. Things will get better I promise maybe not today or the next day but soon you will be able to close your eyes and think about her and smile. Until than you have us on HNZ to lean on.

Today I found out (after overhearing mum on the phone) that my Nana has been given two options after her op. Go into a home or live with us. Right now what upsets me more is that I didn't even get told personally. Mum never actually tells me this stuff.

This is not for myself, in fact this is for someone different but I'm affected by it all the same.

I recently found out that one of my friends has cancer. I'd like those of you who pray to keep him in your prayers because everyone in my town would be heart broken if he took a turn for the worse *knocks on wood*. Those of you who do not, just hope that he does fine. I'd like positivity in this situation, please and thank you.

Alexis.

I'll prey for him for ya Alexis, I happen to know the effects that Cancer can have on people. Unfortunely more then a 16yr old should ever have to know. So I definatley know how you feel.

Hope he is ok :hug:

hey guys,

First off, I want to say that I'm praying for you and all those you have mentioned. They will be in my prayers and I want you guys to know that you are not alone in this world. Whatever happens, the sun will rise again tomorrow - there is always something good in every day.

Can you guys please keep in your thoughts/prayers my elderly great uncle and aunt, whom are still strong and living at home, but my aunt has been having a few mobility issues. Also, can you please pray for my grandmother. She has a form of dementia, and no longer recognises anyone in the family. She has become more and more socially inappropriate, but I know that somewhere deep inside her is the Grandmother I had when I was little, before the dementia set in, and that she knows what is happening to her mind. Also, can you pray for my family - this is probably harder for the older ones (my parents and the older cousins and siblings), because they knew her more when she was lucid and didn't have the dementia as badly. She has been like this most of my life, so I'm more used to it. Please just pray for her guys, she is my last grandparent and I want a little more time with her.

Thank you. I love you all. As you support me, I shall support you, and together, we will find a way through this world.
:wub: to you all,

Hannah

Hi everyone,
Personally, I don't have a problem.

But I really hope you can spare a thought for the people in Christchurch, New Zealand at the moment.
(I live in Dunedin, and it's a six hour bus trip from where I am to central christchurch).
On the 4th of Sept, the city was rocked by a 7.0/7.1 Magnitude Earthquake which destroyed many buildings, suburbs and schools.
Tonight (25th Sept) the city is currently going through 4.0/5.0 magnitude aftershocks which are described as a constant rolling and rocking feeling and continuing though the day - almost 100 aftershocks a day has been recorded in the city and now the residents of christchurch are living by waiting for the next aftershock then another and another.

I have family in Christchurch and they appear to be fine (no electricity though) but the thought of them living by waiting isn't nice :(

So, if you have time - spear a thought or a prayer to christchurch :)

Thank you :)

Hey guys. I really need prayers and good vibes sent my way. I don't know if any of you knew this, but my brother killed my parents about eight months ago. He admitted it and everything. Well, him and his attorney have decided to accuse me of having something to do with it and I'm just really scared. I didn't have anything to do with it, and I've been so heart broken and stressed because I loved my parents and never wanted something like this to happen.

I got questioned today by an investigator, and I think the whole thing is settled. I was at work when he did those henious acts, and I don't think I'll be hearing anything else about it. But, please pray or send good vibes. I need them, because this whole year has really sucked.

They don't think I did it, luckily. I'm just...so depressed.

Malyene :hug:

Im so sorry to hear about all of that! I am so so sorry that you would have to go through something like that and that you have to be so young. I will be preying for you and I truly hope that you are able to pick yourself back up from where you are. Depression can be a hard thing on anyone. I know this from experience when I was diagonsed with Depression last year. Am over it now but the memories still linger. I truly hope that after everything is over you will be free to grieve in the way that you wish and that you can truly live. Heres hoping that you are able to remeber all the good times and not the aftermath. Because I know how terrible a feeling it can all be. While I haven't lost my parents, I have lost many other close family in the past two years and so I know it can be hard :wub:

Also guys if you could maybe prey for or send happy thoughts to friend. She is going through a really tough time right now, and I really think she is in a bad place right now. I really hope she can find it in herslf to believe and that she will see the brighter side of things. i can't do this on my own, so please if you could just maybe keep her in your preys, I think maybe she could get through this.

Thankyou
~Teigs.

Malynne :hug: I'm thinking of you, and I really hope that things will all go well for you. ♥

Teigs, I'm thinking of your friend, too, and I hope she manages to get out of her low point.

And now, I would love it if everyone would please think of the miners and their families up on the West Coast of NZ.
I'm sure you've heard about this, but on Friday afternoon there was a huge explosion in the Pike River Coal Mine.
There are twentynine miners still trapped, and we don't know if they're alive or not.
One of the miners is only seventeen, and it was their first ever day working in the mine, and he had been so incredibly excited to be starting work that day.
Another of the miners is my Uncle's boss' son.

All of New Zealand is on tenterhooks. We don't know if they're alive, but so many New Zealanders are quite literally crying at the thought of these men being trapped. It's now the fifth day.

We really appreciate any thoughts you can send us, thankyou all so much.

Olivia

Expanding from Olivia's point,

The Pike River Coal Mine is possibly the worst mining disaster in New Zealand's history.
as Olivia said, 29 miners: 24 are New Zealanders, 2 Scottish, 2 Australian and a South African.

It's sad because today, the recovery mission has taken three steps back than forwards, one of the
Scottish miners has a pregnant wife and another miner is due to get married next week.
Rescuers are forced to wait as gas levels in the mine are too toxic to enter, which only makes you
wonder how the miners are doing down there, with only a limited supply of water, food and oxygen tanks.

Everyone, New Zealanders and Families of those miners are starting to lose hope, frustrated.

Please, spare a thought, we are after all, Hogwarts New Zealand.

Missy.

(For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_River_Mine_accident)

Just updating about the Pike River Coal Mine,

There has been a 2nd Explosion, and now the news are saying that there is a 0% chance that the 29 miners
would still be alive.

To reiterate - they are confirmed dead and now it is is a search and recovery mission.

My thoughts have been out to everybody and so have my prayers.

Please guys spare one for me

Yeesterday i overheard my mum talking to my step-dad telling him my grandad is in hospital with a blockage of one of his arteries to his lungs. He has told the doctors he doesnt care whether he lives or dies. This is my plea for prayers as the doctors know that something else is wrong as well but they dont know what. Last year i lost my other grandad. I dont think i could handle at the moment another death in the family. So please could i have a thought or a prayer tonite or whenever you read this.

My thoughts and prayers
David Holder

Thank you maia. Im sorry i cant help you as im sh!! At relationships.
Just a quick up date guys got told about an hour ago. They have done tests and we will find out in 11-14 days funnally enough the same time hnz estimate when i know if Michael ( my main) is a animagus. Just thought you should all know chow for now
upate 2
thank you extremly to every one that spared a thought or a prayer for me at this time. He is now making a full recovery from his illness. We have been told that he now has extreme depression and that anyone under 16 shouldnt see him at this time. It is killing him as i have two younger brothers who are 8&9 whom he absolutely adores. Its killing me to yes im sixteen so i can see him but he cant see his favourite grandsons. So please just one more prayer for him. Thank you and god bless you all. Updates will be provided as soon as i know

I will pray for your Grandad tonight David, here is a story to make yyou feel better;

My uncle broke his ankle a year ago, and fell down the stairs, hitting his head. He was taken in to hospital, last Christmas. We were told that he would probably die. His brain was swelled, and they had to operate on his skull, which was very dangerous, and he was in a coma for three days. We were all terrified, and we felt he might die, which was what the doctor's told us.

A year later, he is fine-ish. He is himself, for the most part,
though his temper is quite short. They told us that in at least a year he will be himself again. We had no hope, but he is fine. Miracles happen every day.

I need some advice, for this problem.

I like a boy, but my friend likes him too. He doesn't like her, which he has told me profusely. We flirt all the time, and we get along, we talk and he messes around calling me "Maia babes" etc.
So, what do I do, I'm not brave enough to tell him I like him, and my friend knows I like him too, but she seems to be under the impression that neither of us have a chance, but I think I do-so what do I do?? I just feel as though I'm caught.

Also my best friend and I are close friends with the other girl, we are a trio. My BFF and I don't know each other as long as her and my BFF do, but my BFF and I are closer, so now I feel like I'm stealing her crush and her Best friend, what do I do??

Maia, I find that no matter how hard it is, friends should always come first. You should tell the boy that, and if he doesn't understand then he isn't worth it, and if he doesn't fight for you then he isn't the right one. Relationships should never be the reason for friendships to end.
That is just my advice :hug:

David, I am praying for you and your Granddad! Keep us updated x

I pray for everyone here and wish them luck in the future

Just yesterday my grand aunt died. She lived in Ardmore.My nana died five years ago and since then my grand aunt (Nana's sister) Had been going down hill.She started to forget things sometimes her sons name and she would tell everyone how lonely she is.Then at the beginning of last year she always had people come into her minding her and so on because she was getting increasingly ill.Around three months ago she couldn't do anything by herself she was so frail and her voice was barely over a whisper. She died from a heart attack at 7:25PM on the seventh of January 2011

She was an extradianry person in her youth.she climbed every inch of the Ardmore cliffs and she explored the tunnels down there.She raised five boys by herself when her husband suddenly died and two were of special needs.She wrote three books about St Declan and the history of Ardmore she also walked St Declan's way which is from Cashel to Ardmore.She has achieved a lot in her life time.

So I would just like people to say a prayer for her because she was a great (sometimes cranky) person who a lot of people will miss.

Not much scares me but the other day at the doctor's I ended up scared and I still am. I have been having seizures for a while but my whole life I have had black spells. After a long visit with a team of doctor's they told me that the first step is that there going to start testing me for lupus and multiple sclerosis. My mother had multiple sclerosis and I watched her die from it. I have looked up what exactly lupus and all that I have found has done nothing to make me feel better. There is no cure of them. If I have one of these illness I could live a normal live but still the very thought scares me done to my very soul. I just moved to CT and granted I do have a very loving bf and his family I still feel so alone. I mean I am 21 I have my whole life ahead of me and this is happening to me. It does not seem fair. After everything I have lived through it seemed so very unfair that I should have to live through this as well. I just need to know that people are here for me because I just feel so very alone right now.

Hi,

Well I keep having these dreams about Death and my mum (Ex Tarot Reader) says it means The End Of Something. And I'm getting scared. What if it's the end of a friend or a habit or a school? I need some advice, pronto! So here are some brief descriptions of what will be happening with me and my families characters.

Jaedan Feanor (my cousin): Jaedan might be moving to Beauxbatons.
Nick Feanor (Jaedan Feanor OOC twin): Nick is starting to fancy Alice but he is IN LOVE with Leslie.
Beck Sanory (brother): Beck has a budding romance!!
Skylar Avalon : Trying to get a job!
Tuska Wolf: Tusk fancies Jason and might take it to the next level.

I want to say a prayer for all the people in New Zealand!I hope ye all get better and I hope people that are looking for lost loved ones find them! Be strong the whole worlds with ye! :)

Thought for New Zealanders! We hope you are all ok.

I will send a prayer for Japan. I hope all of you there work through it and preserver!

I know it might not be my place to say this but she is a member of this site and is in need so I am going to anyway.

I would like you all to think/pray/whatever about Brittany's daddy. He's having serious surgery and might die and because we all love Britt and her wildness, I would appreciate it (and I'm sure she would too) if you sent positive energy all the way over to New Zealand.

I don't normally ask for this sort of thing because I'm not religious, but I'd appreciate any kind thoughts for my Great-Nana. She's going into surgery in two weeks for her cancer and something else, and I'm absolutely terrified for her because of her age. I don't even know how risky it will be, because no-one's telling me. Sometimes being "the kid" sucks, like now.

Thanks, guys.

I want to say a prayer for all the people who knew someone in the Connecticut shootings. Because although the media has moved on, those people's lives are changed forever.
Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

I think it is about time to revive this thread.
I would like to send out a thought to those killed injured and effected by the middle eastern earthquake, the iran bombings and the boston bombings. so much going on in such a short space of time.
I would also like to send out a thought of thanks to those who are helping in the aftermath of these events, sometimes it takes a disaster or trauma to show us what humanity really is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back