A Newbie

Eva Reed

OOC First Name
Jac
Wand
Curly, 13 1/2 Inch, Sturdy Hornbeam Wand with a Hippogriff Feather Core
I've been lurking for a lot of months now. But I'm actually keen to finally join in after all this time. Any tips for where to start?

I plan to go to university this September to study Criminology and Forensic Studies. I live in the UK, and know the same about Harry Potter as anyone else does. However, I have a ten-year-old sister who I'm sure will educate me extensively. I'm a big fan of forum role-play, so that's why I'm attempting connections with HNZ. I'm really lacking hobbies and friends right now, so I'm searching somewhere I've lurked for help.

I hope you're all doing okay, and having a good time OOC. I look forward to meeting you all.

Hi and welcome to HNZ! :D I hope you have a great time here! I look forward to RPing with you!

Hi Jac, welcome to the site!! ^_^

I still haven't even read all the Harry Potter books :r and I get along here just fine, so I'm sure you'll be OK!

If you haven't found them already while you've been lurking, the Site Docs contain some really valuable information that will help get you started. Sorting is opening in just a couple of days, so you've joined at a great time :party:

If I can help with anything feel free to send me (or any of the lovely board staff) a PM.

See you around soon!
Clairey

Hi Jac!

Welcome to HNZ! I studied forensic psych and minored in criminology when I was in school. I hope you enjoy your studies. ^_^

This is a great place to start, and then sorting which will open on Sunday or Monday. :)
You've picked a great time to join. I hope you enjoy your time here. Let me know if I can help you get acquainted.

Welcome to HNZ! :hug:

I'm Stephanie but on here I just go by Steph. Everyone has really just given you a wealth of places to get started. But I'll pop in another: Character and Roleplay Development. There you can make a thread to start working on who your character is, they even have a template for you fill out! Once you do have it posted other people on site will pop in and ask questions about your character to help you develop her more! I found it really useful when I first joined the site (almost 7 years ago now o_O ).

Anyway, welcome again and hope you enjoy rping with us all!

Steph :)

Steph ninja'd my attempt to link the Development page xD

Anyway, hey hey, welcome to the site! If you're looking for a place to start, Sorting is coming up, as has been said, but in the mean time you're free to roleplay your character in areas outside of the school, such as the wizarding communities of Brightstone and Obsidian, or on the train heading for the school! You can also post here if you want to find people to roleplay with, and plot things out :p

As a side note, when your character is sorted, you'll be given galleons which you can spend at my shop. And other peoples. But mostly mine ;) :p

Welcome to HNZ! Happy to have you with us!

Eva Reed said:
Thank you for all your kind comments. I'm quite shocked and actually feeling a lot less nervous now. I've made a post in the Unsorted & New Character Developments thread.
Don't feel nervous :p

Haha, actually I usually feel quite nervous for my characters when I'm replying the threads sometimes, mostly when they are nervous as well xD

And I just skimmed through your post and it's awesome! Never feel bad about writing to much!(I saw your little comment at the end) It'll only help you later when you go to back a Biography for your character!

Welcome! :D

It's been great to see you around and I can't wait to plot with you in the future :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back