Closed A Boys Night Out

Linden squeezes Caspers hand back glad that it wasn’t something he had done that had upset cad. Though sometimes that was easier to fix than other problems. ”okay question two. Is the reason you are upset to do with the box that just fell out of your jacket pocket he asked.

Casper froze when Linden mentioned the box. He cursed in his head, and the tears spilled over. He bit his lip hard, somehow curling up into an even tighter ball. He pulled his hand back just a little bit, but stopped himself from pulling away completely. He had to face this, apparently. Shaking, he tapped one finger gently against Linden. Yes.

Linden flat casper freeze and almost flinch away from him. Was he pushing too hard? Should he stop or would that let things hang and make them worse. don’t worry. I haven’t opened it. Question three. Does the box contain jewellery?” he asked.

Casper was trying to work with his emotions. He wsa focusing on his breathing, and he stopped biting his lip- he was biting too hard and it was starting to hurt. He took deep breaths, and just tapped his finger again lightly. Yes. He had spent months making that particular jewelry. Cautiously, he slipped his hand further back over Lindens.

Linden feltbcaspers tap against his hand. Yes it was jewellery. His mind went to one place but he was fairly sure it was becaise he had his own jewellery box in his pocket. question four. And when I get to ten it is your turn if you want. Anyway question four Is it a gift? he asked I mean is it a gift for you to give someone? he clarified. Quickly realising a gift could be a gift he had received.

Casper shifted a bit, rolling a bit so he was closer to Linden. He tapped his hand again. Yes. It was a gift he had failed to give. Like an absolute idiot. He sighed, and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to burrow deeper into the bed.

Linden shifted a little leaning into Casper. Thinking of what the next question would be. He had to be specific if he was limiting himself to ten. question five. Is it a gift for one of our sisters, or cousins, or parents he asked. Holding his breath and hoping that he was about to feel two taps against his hand.

Why was this working? Cas felt himself calming down a little bit. He tried to focus on his breathing. He shook his head lightly, but knew Linden wouldn't see it. So instead, he just tapped twice. No. It wasn't a gift for someone else. He hesitated a moment, before squeezing Lindens hand in what he hoped was a clear message. It's for you.

Linden smiled as he felt two taps against his hand followed by a squeeze he squeezed Caspers hand back a small consolation for wanting to wrap his arms around his man and not letting go okay. Question six. Is it a gift for me.” he asked. Trying not to let his nerves for the answer show in his voice or in the slight tension he could feel across his shoulders and chest.

Well that didn't work. Cas took a deep breath. This answer was a lot slower. As if admitting it made it all the more real. One tap. Yes. He curled up a little more again, almost wrapping a bit around Linden now. How had it come to this? So much for a fancy dinner and a romantic proposal.

Linden felt the tap on his hand and waited for another his breath caught in his chest. It a second tap didn’t come. Instead cas curled a little closer into him. Wherever this seemed to be going it appeared to be working at calming cas down. He took a deep breath. Not sure if he wanted to ask the next question. Or something else. He paused for a second planning his questions out in his head he thought ten would be enough. But now he was thinking he had given himself too many. question seven. Is it a gift with some kind of question or condition attached? he asked.

This answer was the hardest. Was he really going to admit to this? He took a deep breath, trying to just focus on this moment. This wasn't what he had wanted, but in the end, it was them, wasn't it? He pulled his hand back, and after a moment he had sat up. His hair was a mess, his cheeks were still tear stained. He couldn't make himself look at Linden, instead staring at his hands folded tightly in his lap. He was struggling to admit to anything, but he knew he had to talk. "I..." He took a breath, and stole the box from Linden, thumbing it in his hands. "I um... I spent a few months at this um... class..." He decided on instead, his eyes tearing up again and his voice hoarse. "But um... I messed it up," His voice broke and he sniffled. "I should've just... bought something but... I got too into my head," He shook his head, closing his hands around the box. After a moment he took another breath and opened the box, putting it in Lins lap. "But you know me," He gave a self depriciating smile, still not meeting Lindens eyes. "I try to work everything out with my hands first,"

Time stood still around them as lin waited for the reply. One tap or two. Had he overthought things or was he thinking right. In the end, no taps came. Cad moved beside him sitting up, but even with his hair sticking in every direction and tears staining down his face he still made Linden's heart flutter. "cas" he said, gently wiping a tear from his cheek. Whatever calm he had managed to create with his questions was starting to unravel as cas spoke about the class he had been taking and how he had messed up. "Casper. my beautiful beautiful Casper." he said cupping his face in his hands that were now free from the box. "I very much doubt that you have messed up. you are so often your own biggest critic and you often don't realise how amazing you are" he said he was about to lean in and kiss Caspers cheek when Cas opened the box and put it on his lap. his jaw dropped when he saw the ring. it really was stunning. he could feel the tears welling up in his own eyes. "Casper. I don't know what you think you messed up. but this ring. it is amazing" he said. braking away from how the metal showed to look at cas and how he couldn't catch his eye. "I love you so much. and I love that about yo.u how you are always creating art." he said. then he had a thought. "Question nine: Do you know that if you are asking what I think you are asking my answer would be yes. a thousand times yes with no hesitation or second thoughts" he said. leaning forward and hugging cas. Their bodies close their heads resting on each other's shoulders in a way that meant they were close even if they wouldn't see each other.

Casper let himself be drawn into Linden, shutting his eyes and letting the familiar warmth wash over him. "But I didn't ask, did I?" He murmured, one hand moving to try and find Lindens. "We had the perfect night for it and I just- dipped, like a stupid coward," He grimaced. "I spent too long learning to make the dumb thing and forgot to figure out how I was going to do it," He hid his face more in Lindens neck.

Linden smiled against Caspers shoulder when he said that he didn’t ask. I didn’t ask either. he said then Chucked. And I’ve been wanting to for months[/b] he said. it was going to be tonight but it just wasn’t the right” he had a thought then. hey buttercup in my jacket inside pocket there is a piece of parchment. Can you find it and read it he said shifting so that cas could reach and get it. it doesn’t have to be out loud he said he was fairly sure he knew it well enough and knew cass well enough to know what he was reading from his expression.

Casper. Buttercup. Can I talk to you about something important? About us and the our future?

Over the past ten or so years, our relationship has taken many forms. You have been my dorm mate, my friend, my brother, my buttercup and the best thing so far, my boyfriend. But Cas, I don’t want to just be your boyfriend any more. I haven’t for a while.

I love you, I love you so much. You are such a kind and caring person. You have such a strength to you that it blows me away, I don’t think even you realise the extent of it. You are one of the kindest and most generous men I have ever met, you have so much love to give and I am so lucky that I even get a smidgen of it.

I love everything about you from the sparkle in your blue eyes when you have an idea to paint, the way you stick the very tip o your tongue out when you are concentrating and every freckle on your skin and the little noises you make as I kiss them.

I love being with you, I wouldn’t trade our good days or our bad days for the world. The only thing better than going to sleep next to you every night is waking up beside you each morning. I really couldn’t imagine my life without you in it.
With all that said, Buttercup, I want to ask you something. it would be an honour to spend my life by your side and call you my husband

Casper froze when Linden spoke. Linden hadn't... what? Cas had paused, and he hesitated as Linden shifted. It took him a few moments, but soon enough he slipped a shaky hand into Lins pocket. He held the note in his hand a moment. "Lin..." Cas bit his lip and shifted to look at Linden. "I... don't think I can read this tonight," He whispered, slipping it back into Lins pocket. Cas was an emotional mess, and he didn't think he could handle whatever that note said right now. "But," He was quick to add, shifting to take the ring he'd made. "Maybe, um..." He took a deep breath, and in a very shaky, almost too soft voice, Casper turned the open ring box around and peeked at Linden through his messy blond bangs. "Linden Cullen, um... do you think maybe... you might want to marry me?" He whispered, lowering his eyes down to the box, noting how his hands were shaking but unable to stop them.

linden bit his lip as casper took the note out of his pocket. any moment now cas would... start talking? he held his breath as he said he couldn't read it tonight after all the emotions of the night. "Okay" he said slowly dragging out the aaaaayyyy. "how about" he was about to say he would tell him what it said. but stopped himself just in time. "you keep it, and read it in the morning... or some other time when you feel up for it" he said trying to make it sound more casual than he felt about it.
what he didnt expect was what cas did next. Even though he had been leading Casper towards it ever since he had found the box. It was still a bit of a shock. His plan of proposing in the restaurant, the speech he had ready, the wine and the sweet had sounded nice. But somehow this was perfect this was more them. he looked at casper. took his hands in his. "Yes. Yes, I maybe might want to marry you, I would love to marry you." he said as he let go of Casper's hands with one if his and used it to brush his hair out of his face. "I would be very honoured to be able to call you my husband" he said before moving closer to his fiancé and kissing him.

Caspers heart stuttered and he let himself take a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. Linden had.... said yes? He was still trying to process it, his hair a mess and half wrapped up in his blanket, and he hardly noticed that Linden was there, kissing him. Cas shut his eyes, automatically kissing back. He brought a hand up to rest gently on Lindens neck. When the kiss broke, Cas pulled away and took the ring out of the box, shyly taking Lindens hand in his and slipping the ring onto his finger. "Sorry if its not really fancy," He looked up to Linden with a shy smile. "I'm not that good at making rings, turns out,"

Linden kissed cas back holding him close and leaning into him. he could feel Casper's hands against his neck and his hand was in Caspers hair. after a moment or an age, Lin wasn't timing, they broke apart.
Casper took his hand and he watched him slip the ring over his finger. it fit perfectly. he took a couple of deep breaths trying to smooth out his breathing to stop the tears welling up. "What are you talking about it is perfect. and working with animals too fancy and delicate wouldn't be a good thing" he said. "]if you had proposed with a burger ring, or no ring at all I would have still said yes" he said reaching up to brush the hair out of Caspers face and pausing distracted for a moment as the band caught the light. "I is perfect Casper" he said leaning in to kiss him again.

Cas couldn't help the shy smile, shutting his eyes and leaning into Lindens touch. "Well, you know me," He tried to joke. "I wouldn't be myself if I didn't second guess all the things I make," He kissed Linden back easily, before pulling away and flopping back onto the bed with a yawn. "I don't know about you, Lin, but I'm exhausted," He gave Linden a tired smile. "Bedtime?"

Linden leaned towards cas kissing him. He smiled as cas said that he knew him and how he always doubted himself. I know baby. he said cupping caspers cheek in his hand. but i always trust your creations. he said.
He was a little surprised as cas pulled away from him and lay down on the bed. He leaned towards him and took his fiances hand before kissing it where an engagement ring should be. were you so worked up you exhausted yourself, he said ”I won’t let you sleep in your best suit. It can’t be comfy and Those creases will be a pain. To get out. Go and get changed, then we can get some sleep he said moving from where he was almost on top of cas to let him get up. Not yet making a move to cet change instead sitting on the side of the bed as looked at his hand and the ring on his finger twisting it to see how it looked from all sides.

Cas yawned, giving a silly smile as Linden kissed his hand. He just groaned when Linden insisted he get changed. "But I don't wanna get up," He complained, though he did force himself up and out of bed. He stretched and walked over to the dresser, pulling out the first pajamas he grabbed. He sighed and started to get changed into his pajamas. "Are you coming to bed, too?" He questioned, yawning.

Linden looked up from his own hand as cas complained about getting changed. "it wont be that hard" he said smiling he watched as cas got up and went over to the dresser before looking back at the ring again. he slipped the box that was still sitting in his pocket out and opened it looking at the ring inside, his grandmas ring. so different from the one that cas had made for him.
he was pulled back to the reality of the moment by caspers voice asking him if he was coming ot bed too. he snapped the box shut and hit it under his pillow "am i coming to bed to spend my first night sleeping next to my amazing fiance? you bet i am" he said as he he got up and took off his suit placing it on the hanger and grabbed one of the old tshirts he slept in and put it on.
he slipped back into the bed his arms outstreched for casper. showering teeth brushing and everything else that usually came with going to bed could wait until the morning. right now all he wanted was to curl up holding casper in his arms until he fell asleep.

Cas changed into his usual pajamas- boxers and one of Lindens shirts. Yawning, he moved over and fell into Lindens arms, snuggling in against him and yawning. "Goodnight, love," He murmured, placing his cheek over Lindens tattoo the way he always did. Cas was exhausted, and fell asleep quickly.

He was up early the next morning, and feeling bad for the way he'd ruined the night before, he'd decided to go about making a nice breakfast in bed for them. He settled on french toast and some fresh fruit. Once he'd gotten the food ready and the breakfast tray set, he carried it back upstairs. Lin was still sleeping in bed. Cas moved the tray to the nightstand, and was just about to wake Linden up, when a thought occured to him. He'd glimpsed Lins suit hanging up from the corner of his eye and it reminded him of the paper Linden had wanted him to read the night before.

Casper hesitated a moment before taking the page out of the pocket and moving back downstairs. He took his coffee with him, sipping on it and moving to stand in front of the kitchen sink. He looked out at the morning sun, taking a few deep breaths. He wasn't completely sure what this note was, but he was pretty sure whatever it may have been would make him cry.

Bracing himself, he cracked open the note and started reading.

He was right, of course. Cas brought a shaky hand up to press over his mouth, quiet tears slipping down his face as he read the note over and over again, his heart stuttering in his chest.

Linden held cas as he curled up against him he smiled as he wished him goodnight. goodnight my love he said before he kissed the top of his head before slowly drifting off into a blissful sleep.
It was an easy sleep. Warm and cozy and when linden woke up it was to the smell of cinnamon and coffee. He lay there comfortably under the blanket for a moment enjoying that blissful state between asleep and awake before he reached out to cas and felt the bed cold and empty besides him. He blinked himself properly awake remembering the events of last night. As he looked down at the new ring on his finger feeling the pride of what it represented. He had never been a jewellery kind of man. But the weight of the ring on his finger just felt so right. He wondered how he had not missed its absence.
He got up and reached the box from under the pillow before heading down to find Casper
The first place he looked was the studio. The number of mornings he had woken to find cas painting in there was long forgotten but it was empty exactly as he had left it the previous night.
He found him in the kitchen by the sink the morning sun making his hair glow like spun gold. good morning beautiful buttercup he said stepping closer. Only then did he realise that he was standing there crying reading something he couldn’t see. casper. Are you okay? he asked stepping besides him and putting an arm around him and leaning into his fiancé.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back