OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
Today was going to be the day, 20th January 2060, when he made the next move with cas. They had booked into a fancy restaurant for dinner thanks to a voucher that Casper had won as part of an art award. Linden was going to make the most of it. Plans were underway for the date night with hopefully the biggest change for them since the night in Germany which Casper still insisted wasn't a date. He had managed to convince willow to go shopping with him to get a new outfit that was both stylish and sophisticated without losing him altogether in it. Which she peobably would have done without the bribe of a weeks worth of dinners. Last night he had stopped by by the family home and retrieved the small box that was stored under the floorboards in ivys room. A small box that was now safe in the pocket of his winter work jacket.

Tonight was the night. He was showered, styled, and almost completely dressed, all the way down to his lucky Hyppergriff socks. Just before it was time to go he made an excuse to go up to the bedroom to put on his shoes. As he did so he slipped the box into his jacket pocket. Before returning to the sitting room. Pausing on the stairs to look at casper for a second wondering what he would say if he knew of lindens plans.

Casper felt like he was losing his mind. He had talked to Briar, gotten her blessing. He was biting his lip, running his hands through his hair. The box in his pocket felt like it weighed a million pounds. Linden was getting ready, and Cas was sure he’d look great. They’d planned a nice date, and tonight was the night. Or it was supposed to be. He sat on the couch, hunched over with his hands locked behind his neck- he’d spent too long on his hair to touch it. His leg was bouncing, the nerves keeping him on edge.

Casper was looking so tense as Linden reached him in the sitting room. He sat beside him, putting his arm around him. Resting his other hand on his bouncing leg to try and calm it down ”Hey, Casper, baby. Are you okay? he said gently. Holding him close, glad that the box was on the other side so cas wouldn’t feel it. He opened his mouth again, ready to say something along the lines of we dont have to go on this date if you dont want to” or we can go another time or ”it’s just a date. Nothing to stress over”, except they had made the reservation a couple of months ago, as that was how long it took to get a table, and to cancel last minute would lose the voucher and even though cas didnt know otherwise it wasn’t going to be just a date.

Casper jumped a little, having not heard Linden coming. He laughed nervously, and leant into Linden, nuzzling his nose against the mans jaw. ”Yeah, of course I am," He offered easily, slipping his hand over Lindens knee and shutting his eyes. “It’s just been a long day,” He hedged, hoping it sounded convincing enough. He shifted his head, trying to steal a kiss.

Linden moved his head in a motion that was half way between nodding as cas said of course he was okay and a nuzzling back. ’thats good’ he said he nodded again as cas said it had been a long day. His day had been long too. But thankfully not too busy or tiring and he had made sure he had plenty of time to get ready before their big date ”we don’t have to be out late or long. But we’ve got a nice fancy dinner booked. “ he said as cas moved his head as if asking for a kiss. He glanced at the clock on the wall. we should make a move. But first. he said before He leaned forward and kissed casper smiling as he thought this might be one of the last times he would be kissing his boyfriend.

Casper kissed Linden gently, taking a deep breath and some comfort in his boyfriends familiar warmth. He pulled away, offering out his hand and giving Linden a shy smile. “Let’s go get dinner then,” He gave Linden a shy smile- the first in a long while.

Linden held Casper for a moment savouring the moment, savouring the evening. Maybe it was because it was their first proper date in a while, or maybe it was him superimposing his anticipation on it. But there was something about this that felt new. He was slightly nervous taking Casper’s hand. lets he replied as they made their way towards the door.

After a short apperation, they walked the last hundred or so metres hand in hand along the street. It was a fancy part of town, and the restaurant was on the waterfront overlooking the bay. He paused just before they reached the door I love you, buttercup. Forever for always he whispered, squeezing his hand before opening the door and letting them in. The place looked very classy with soft lighting and soft jazz, and large windows. He was glad that he had called ahead earlier in the week to confirm and let them know what he was planning as they said that they would try and get them one of the better tables, though looking at the place, there wasn’t exactly a bad table. The man at the front of the house greeted them and asked for their name. Lin smiled. We have a reservation under Beckett he said. The man looked at them “Ahh Mr and Mr Beckett right this way” he said, leading them towards one of the tables in an intimate spot by the window. Lin bit his lip, trying not to blush at the shared name, and hoped that cas didn’t notice his free hand reach quickly into his pocket

Casper tried to get his nerves under control- Linden deserved a good night, he really did. He wrapped around Lindens arm, keeping tucked into his side. He both blushed and winced at the Mr. and Mr. Beckett, lowering his eyes. He preferred Cullen. Or Kinnek. But he had to shake the thought from his mind or he was going to hyperventilate. He managed to get himself somewhat together, smiling shyly at Linden as he took his seat. He was still on edge, but he was a bit more aware. “Sorry,” He offered after they’d put in for a nice wine and were left alone at their table. “I don’t know why I’m so nervous,” He laughed a little awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck and trying not to be overly aware of the box in his pocket.

Linden took the seat that was being held for him as the napkin was placed in his lap. How fancy was this restaurant when the waiters did that. When they were alone he looked at cas and smiled. He was surprised when cas apologised. “You don’t need to apologise” he said reaching across and resting his hand on the table for cas to take if he wanted to. “It’s okay to be nervous. I would say that there is no need to be nervous about a date by now” he said. “But was also a little nervous about tonight earlier too.” he said hoping he wasn’t giving any of his plans away before he quickly added “I think that means we need to go on more dates” to cover up the real reason he was nervous about tonight. he wasnt usually a nervous person and cas knew that. But if all went to plan tonight would be a big night.

Cas took Lindens hand with a soft sigh, enjoying the familiar comfort in it. He sighed again, propping his chin in his hand. “Maybe we should up it to once a week instead of twice a month,” He offered with a small smile. He sighed, picking up his wine and taking a sip. It was bitter, but not overbearing. He took a deep breath as he set his glass back down, and looked over the restaurant. “I have to admit, this place is really nice.” He offered, giving Linden a shaky smile.

Linden smiled softly as cas relaxed and he rubbed his thumb against Caspers's hand squeezing it slightly. Tonight was going to go well. He told himself. It’s too early now but maybe between main and dessert will be the right time. He at Casper's comment he looked out of the window and then back at his boyfriend “it really is. Well done for winning the voucher. It’s certainly not somewhere I would have picked” he said mostly because of the price tag. He wasn’t sure what he thought of a set degustation menu. But the food sounded nice and it was winning him over very easily especially as the first course made its way towards them.

Casper was trying to calm himself down, but he was still feeling nervous. He held tightly to Lindens hand, taking a deep breath and letting him look around. “It’s always good to try something new, yeah?” he offered, biting his lip. “Our savings account is really starting to grow well, but it’s nice to have a coupon.”

There was something about cas that seemed off. His grip was just a little too tight, he was fidgeting a tad more than usual. but as much as linden wanted to say something he also wanted a good night. And tried to ignore it and push it away. “Yes. New things are good. Maybe we should try more new things” he said. Thinking that maybe it was a good time to talk about their relationship. But it was too early in the night for a proposal. He nodded as cas spoke about his savings account. It was good knowing that Casper was doing well for himself. He knew art could be hugely successful but also hugely not. And he was glad that cas was in the former. His savings on the other hand. It was enough but not enough to live quite so extravagantly and a coupon to a fancy restaurant was very much an appreciated opportunity. He made a start on his first dish. Breads and tarts with different kind of tippings. Reminding him of the sandwiches his grandma used to make. “Ooh that one is good” he said pointing to one with what he thought was pumpkin. In Some kind of balsamic and a couple of other flavours he couldn’t name on it.

Casper reclaimed his hand as the food appeared, smiling shyly and turning his attention to it. He hummed happily, relaxing a little bit more as he dipped bread into a more creamy, almost garlicy sauce, and hummed happily. “Mmm, I like this one,” He offered, pushing it more towards Linden and trying the one Linden had liked.

Linden smiled at casper tucking into the food. He wasn’t sure if cas even realised it. But he hummed when he was happy. And it seemed like the food was making him so even if them talking was making him stressed. He took the bread that cas offered to him and dipped it into the dip. “Ooh yes that is very good too” he said savouring the flavour. He took a sip of his water. “This is nice. Something different.” he said pausing as he chewed bef re a thought cane to him “We need to do different more” he mused. Before trying the third little aperitif. That looked like it was an eggplant tempura with some kind of topping.

Cas was trying to keep his heart in check- his mind kept flashing back to his conversation with Briar. He nibbled on his food, his appetite not really there. “Maybe we should come here more often?” He offered, peeking at Linden to check his reaction. It was definitely interesting, at least, and he was sure on any other night he’d really enjoy something like this. It was just tonight… tonight, it was hard trying to get past the knots in his stomach enough to enjoy his food.

Linden was watching cas. There was a definite tension about him though he couldn’t quite pinpoint where it was from. He reached out with his foot under the table and bumped it against Caspers leg. Holding it against his. Hoping that would calm him a bit. “Coming back here wasn’t exactly what I had in mind. Not if it stresses you out so much he said

Casper shut his eyes, enjoying the touch. He sighed softly. “It’s not this place,” He promised gently. “You know how I get stuck in my own head,” He countered.

Linden nodded as cas said that he got stuck in his head, “I know buttercup. What’s on your mind? I don’t like seeing you so worried.” He said. Hoping it would be something that they would be able to work through before dessert. He had plans for this evening. And he wasn’t going to add to Caspers stress with them.

Casper sighed, biting his lip and picking up his drink, just cradling it in his hands. He fidgeted, trying not to let off why he was actually nervous. That would hardly be romantic, would it? "It's just..." He sighed, struggling to come up with a believable lie. "Work," He settled on, staring at his glass. "Nothing is coming out right. It's like I know what I want to do, but I can't," He spoke, his voice gentle. It was the truth, though it wasn't work he was struggling with. "I see it in my head- what it is I want, but it's like I can't connect my head and my heart and make it right,"

Lin den gave Caspers hand a squeeze as he admitted that work was what was in his mind. ”take a break. I may not be an artist but I know enough to know that it doesn’t work if you are forcing it. he thought for a moment. Take the rest of the week off. Don’t touch a single pencil or paintbrush. Then we can have the laziest of weekends just us. Then hopefully by next week you will be feeling a lot better he suggested. Also liking the idea of a lazy weekend with cas. And if he didn’t get a chance tonight. He had two more days he would be sure to find the right time to ask.

Casper took a breath. Did he just screw himself out of a week of work? Maybe. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking away. "Well... a weekend with just us does sound nice," He mused. Though the way he was feeling right now, that might just turn into a weekend of anxiety and worrying. He sighed, trying to take a deep breath. "I dunno... I'm sorry, Lin, I'm just not feeling great tonight."

Linden smiled as cas seemed to ponder the idea of. weekend in together. "Let's do it. this weekend. just me and you. we can just chill and cuddle and watch movies or do whatever you want" he said quite liking the idea of staying in bed for most of the cuddling with cas. or just chilling together not doing anything big, cas sketching and him finding things to do.
however as cas continued his expression changed and Linden cursed the table Why did cas have to be sitting on the other side? yes he was close they could hold hands but he was too far away to actually be close to him. he looked around to make sure that the waiter wasn't coming with their next dish before he got up and moved next to cas kneeling beside him. His plans would involve kneeling before cas, but not yet, he was not going to ask while cas was so caught up in something. "Hey, buttercup." he said cupping cheek in his hand and gently stroking at it with his thumb. "If you are really not feeling well we can go home. or I might have a phial of your potion in my jacket if that will help" he said. thinking of the potion cas had sometimes when he was feeling very worked up though he knew cas didnt necessarily like to use it and it was often a last resort.

Casper's heart was in his throat when Linden came around the table, a thought crossing his mind- one he found he liked, and hated, all at once. He took a shaky breath, shoving it back. He could feel the ring burning against his side, and his heart was thundering in his chest. He let out a shaky breath, leaning heavily into Lindens touch and shutting his eyes. He could feel the wetness of the tears teasing against the edge of his lashes, and he tried to fight it. He didn't want to cry. "I don't want to ruin tonight," He whispered, his stomach twisting and feeling heavy as he realized he probably already had.

from this close linden could see the tears threatening to spill out of Caspers eyes. he shifted slightly wiping them away. "Casper you are not going to ruin tonight" he said. before leaning in and kissing him lightly. "all I want is a nice evening with you, everything else is surplus" he said glancing as the waiter who had just reached them. " And whatever is on that plate that looks delicious" he added.
he looked back at cas. "Are you going to be okay?" he asked gently, stroking his cheek again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back