You're the one that I want.

Derv nodded in agreement. "I've been through it all before so I know what to expect but the question is are you ready for the unexpected??" He'd already seen Mel cope with a lot so he had faith in her but pregnancy was a stressful time and it could break the best of people. He'd seen it happen many times and was used to it now but he didn't want to see it happen to Melody/

Melody apparated back to her house with Dervish at her side. To be honest, Melody was happy to be having a child. " Am I ready for this.. that's an amazing question, but I'm pretty sure that I am." The brunette nodded, heading over and plopping on her couch. " I hope that it's a girl." She smiled at him.

Melody definitely sounded certain but did she know what was coming?? Derv nodded in agreement to what she said. "After growing up with five younger brothers and having twin boys as my first children, I'd have to say I agree. Too many males in my life." He sat next to her on the sofa and shrugged. "Are we going to start on names now or shall we wait??"

Melody laughed at Dervish, " I grew up with all brothers too, so having a female would be ideal." The brunette hugged a pillow tightly as she pulled her feet up. " I like Abigail and ... Rebecca.. what do you think?" She smiled, looking for his suggestions.

Dervish laughed slightly. "Someone's prepared. I haven't got any ideas and you come straight out with two." He grinned and thought about the names. "I like both of them. Abigail more than Rebecca though." It was weird thinking about giving his child a name as normal as Abigail. He'd lived with people that had names like Samaire and Angelica.

Melody laughed, " They've been on my mind for a while though, I've liked Abigail ever since I was a kid." The brunette took in a deep breath of air. " You must have a name, deep down that you love, everyone does." She smiled at him, somewhere was a name that he wanted to name his child.

Dervish shook his head. "Nope. Nothing." He's always had too much else on his mind to think of names for kids. Even with Rhys and Rio it had been Cloe who named them. "I guess Bailey?? I don't know. I still like Abigail." Bailey had just been the first decent girl's name he could think of off the top of his head.

Melody nodded, " I really like Abigail, it's a cute name." Choosing a baby's name was hard, but how did her parent's come up with her name? She full out knew, but what about Dervish, " Why did your parent's choose Dervish as your name?" Melody propped herself up with the pillow that she had on her chest.

Dervish laughed slightly. "My parents were very old fashioned back then. Well, the still are kind of. They believe in naming a baby after it parents. Dervish was my father's name before he was murdered. That's why my mum always calls me Junior. Before he died, that's the name I went by." It had been ages since he'd introduced himself as Junior and he didn't expect it was ever going to happen again. Dervish was now his name and he was intending on making his father proud of the name. "What about you??"

Melody was shocked to hear that his father was murdered, she never knew that. " I'm really sorry to hear about your father." Melody said honestly. " But for me, when I was inside my mother, she used to play music and I'd kick against her stomach, they callede Melody because I kicked along with the melody." The brunette laughed.

Dervish shrugged slightly at what she said. His father's death had been heart breaking at the time and he still missed his father greatly but he had been a death eater. The future is kind of in the name. Most death eaters die earlier than normal or go to azkaban in which case they might as well be dead. There's the lucky few who managed to have a long happy azkaban-free life but they were rare people. "I've gotten over it really. I miss him but it was bound to happen at some point." Derv laughed at her story. "That does sound like you. Perhaps you should have had dance lessons when you were younger."

Melody sat up in the chair, sitting right close to Dervish. She really did feel bad about his father, and he knew that she was there if he wanted to talk. " I know, I'm here for you Dervish, I always will be." She smiled right at him. Melody was much of a dancer when she was little, " I did do dance, but I'm more of a singer." The brunette nodded.

Derv put his arm around her and pulled her into a warm hug. "I know you are." He kissed her head then rubbed her back. "Go on then, give us a song." Derv had learned to grow up with Lily and Jerrod making a racket in their room so he was pretty sure that anything Mel sang would sound amazing in comparison.

Melody softened herself, being near Dervish felt wonderful. " Let's see.." Melody thought of a song. She knew it, she would sing something that her father used to sing to her. Melody sang with really all she had, and the lyrics just came to her. " What do you think?" She asked after she finished.

Dervish's jaw dropped as he listened to Melody sing. "You're voice is so amazing. Why don't you sing more often??" Derv had never heard someone sing so amazingly. Good singers didn't exactly run in the genes of his family and he'd never had friends until a few years ago.

Melody shrugged her shoulders, " From work to my home life there was never enough time to sing." She sighed. " I've just practiced every once in a while so that my voice still stays like this." The brunette laughed, " That's my talent, what's yours?" Melody asked curiously.

Dervish grinned. "You could easily make a good career out of that. Maybe have something on the side so you can keep money flowing but you have an great voice and you should show it off to the world." He had to think about her question. "I guess you could say my intelligence is a talent. I find it really easy to understand complex things that most people find confusing." Derv shrugged. "Other than that I don't know."

Melody thought of that, having a record deal would be wonderful, it would keep the cash flowing in. " I could still be a fashion designer and sing at the same time.. intelligence is really your talent." The brunette smiled at him. Dervish was right, he was really smart, Melody liked seeing that in him. " This child is really going to be one of a kind." Melody nodded, still smiling.

Dervish laughed. "It would have to be. It's related to you. You're one of a kind as well. Any child that's related to you has to be one of a kind. Even if it is unlucky enough to have me as a father." He smirked and looked over the other side of the room. Derv never had much going on in his head to think about but at the moment his head was filled with thoughts of his brother, wondering what was wrong with the fourteen year old.

Melody was lucky to have someone like Dervish in her life. Dervish was a complimenting character that took Melody for who she was and loved her for it. " Dervish, this child is going to be intelligent because you are, it's going to be charismatic and have a great persona because you do." She smiled at him. " Is something the matter Dervish?" Melody propped on her knees.

Dervish laughed and shook his head at Melody. He'd never been self-complimenting. He knew what he could do well and he knew what he was rubbish at but he never complimented himself for the good things. He only ever tried to improve the bad things. He shrugged at what Mel said. "Yeah, it's nothing. Just my brother putting my mum and sister through stress. One person in the family stressed and it's like some sort of contagious disease. Within the next few days the whole family's stressed for no reason." He laughed slightly at what he said.

Melody knew what that was like. " Yup, I know that feeling, it's a domino effect." Melody laid back onto the sofa. " How many brothers and sister do you have all together?" Melody asked curiously, it seemed like there were a lot.

Dervish nodded in agreement. Domino effect definitely explained what happened in his family on a daily basis. "Eight altogether. All younger than me." Derv liked being the oldest but it held a lot of responsibility with it and he sometimes didn't have the right to place that sort of responsibility in the family.

Melody liked that Dervish had a big family, that made it easier for someone to go out with and really anything you could always have a partner that would be there with you. " Atleast you're the oldest. I'm the baby of the family." Melody laughed, and sulked her shoulders jokingly.

Derv laughed. "I don't know how you cope being the baby. Before my mum gave birth again Lily used to get so annoyed with everyone looking after the baby. Then again, it was also because she was the only girl at the time." He'd always loved taking the mik out of Lily for being the only girl in a family of seven. "How many siblings do you have??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back