Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
-Set immediately after the wheelbarrow race-

Lily clapped as Elliot and his friend crossed the finish line before collapsing in the grass. She hurried over, hardly noticing the girl that followed her, until she was standing above her best friend. She looked down to him with a wide smile. "You did it El!" She giggled brightly. "You beat everybody but one of the Professor pairs!" She dropped down next to him, pulling a water bottle from her bag. "Here, I brought this. Do you want a drink?" She asked him.

Amaya smiled as Kace and Elliot Briar came in second. She began to move toward them as the race ended, noticing that Lily Lockwood was hurrying that way as well. It made sense, seeing as how her best friend was Elliot. Amaya made it a habit to know who was who, but it was a touch simpler with the young Lockwood since her cousin was close friends with Sapphire. She came up behind Kace. "Second place, not bad. Must have picked a good pair of kicks." She used his terminology a bit, a slight blush on her cheeks and her hands behind her back.

Kace was hunched over with his hands balance on both knees, not as tired but a little spent from the obstacles they had successfully finished. "Yeah, we would've won but that tall lady had us beat!" Kace laughed, and huff some catching up with his breath. He peaked over his shoes, his kicks had slime where the toes would be. They were scuffed and worn out, he purposely wore these shoes for a reason. "Nah, not my regular ones but they helped us win second place," he smiles over at Amaya. "I didn't know you were watching us," Kace looked over at Lily and Elliot. Elliot looked as he was about to pass out, Kace extended a hand out to his friend. "Elli-O, you alright man?"

Elliot slung an arm over his eyes as he laid on the grass, catching his breath. He and Kace had done amazingly in the end, but the whole race had been a bit of an ordeal and Elliot felt like he needed some recovery time before he tried anything crazy like standing up or walking. He peaked out from under his arm when he heard talking above him, smiling when Lily dropped down next to him with a water bottle, which he took gratefully. "Thanks, did I hear you cheering?" He asked, curious if he'd actually managed to hear Lily raising her voice during the race or if he'd imagined it. Elliot sat up a bit to drink the water, smiling over at Kace and giving him a tired nod. "I'll live. That was uh.. A lot," He settled on. Elliot wouldn't say he regretted the race, but he wasn't sure he would sign up to do it again any time soon. "Is it cheating to have someone on your team that tall?" He wondered out loud, letting himself drop back onto the grass.

Lily smiled, crossing her legs. "Yeah," She admitted lightly. "I guess I got a little caught up in the moment..." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Iiiii.... should I apologize? Is it bad?" She asked uncertainly, blinking as the other boy came over. Oh, right. She hadn't actually met this boy yet, and she couldn't seem to remember his name. Unconsciously, she scooted away from him a little bit. "H-hello," She greeted shyly, giving the new boy a small smile. She saw the other girl there at that moment and pulled her knees up to her chest. "H-hi," She greeted the new girl softly. She turned to Elliot as he asked a question. "I-i, ah, I don't think they t-thought to put it, um, put it in the rules," She stuttered a little and winced, hoping he didn't pick up on her nervousness. She could handle a few extra people being there.

Amaya smiled as Kace spoke to her, acknowledging that her heart picked up its pace a little and set the information aside for later. She laughed a little at his statement. "She does have really long legs," She commented idly. She blushed and shrugged as he mentioned he didn't know she was there. "I wanted to watch you compete," She told him simply. It was the truth and didn't seem like too much to reveal. She wasn't sure she was ready to admit what she was feeling to the boy yet. She wanted to explore it a bit more on her own first. Amaya watched the interaction between the boys and Lily, offering a small smile as Lily noticed her presence. She sat next to the younger girl, looking to Kace and motioning for him to sit on her other side. "Did you bring celebratory snacks, Lily?" She asked the blond.

Kace nodded, his arms were a little weak from forcing it some, but he'll be okay. "It was, can't say I ever raced like that. It was lit, dude," or he did and didn't remember. Kace enjoyed himself, he can't really say the same for his Hufflepuff friend. Racing is not for everyone. "I don't know, she was struggling like us," Kace remembers the slime, it went everywhere. It seemed like the tall professor was an easy target as she was messy with slime all over her shirt. "Hey, I'm Kace and this is Amaya, Amaya this is my friend Elliot!" Kace introduces the Slytherin to Lily and Elliot. Kace liked Amaya, she was pretty chill from what he can tell of the girl. He was eager to hang out more with the girl, see what the Slytherin was all about. Kace bounces right next to her and sat down, although tired from the race, Kace laid out on his back like Elliot. "Pass the water, Elliot. I'm dying here," Kace cracked a tired smile, glancing back to Amaya. "Snacks are good, but I'm really wanting some watermelon. Anything to keep me cool."

Elliot craned his head to look up at Lily when she began to fret about her cheering. "No no, it's fine, good, even. It helped," He said, giving her a reassuring smile. He shrugged when they talked about Professor Ateara a bit more. He didn't think it should be against the rules to be tall but still. "Well, I guess anyone who's tall might have a bit of an advantage, but I think Professor Summers wins every year anyway, so who knows," He shrugged. Elliot was pretty happy to have 2nd place. Frankly he was happy to have just survived the race at all.
It was a bit surprising Lily and Kace didn't know each other already, but then again, Lily tended to keep to herself in classes, so it made sense. Elliot didn't recognize Amaya though, and wondered if she was in another year. He gave her a quick wave before sliding the water over to Kace without really looking. He mostly succeeding in just nudging it into Kace's knee, but it was close enough. Elliot's arms felt like noodles after holding himself up for the race and the idea of lifting them to do anything seemed impossible for the time being. "Watermelon would be awesome." He mumbled, looking up at the passing clouds. The weather was getting colder, but after all that work Elliot agreed something cool would be perfect right now.

Lily blushed through the introductions and swallowed nervously as snacks were brought up. "Well, I-I did, ah, bring s-some snacks," She admitted, "I-it isn't exactly watermelon," She fidgeted with the pins in her hair, "B-but, uh, but I do have about a dozen fruits cups. There's watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, apples," She listed, closing her eyes and trying to focus, "I-I have some cherries, too." She added shyly. "I-is that, ah, that okay?" She cursed herself for stuttering. Not cool.

Amaya smiled at Kace as he sat next to her and looked to Lily as she talked about fruit cups. "That does sound pretty good. You're pretty intuitive about snacks." She knocked Lily's shoulder. "You don't need to be nervous with us, sweetie." She reassured the blond. She glanced back to Kace. "That race was pretty interesting. I don't think it was like that last year," She pointed out. "They must have heard there were stronger competitors." She hinted the compliment to Kace subtly. She was sure Elliot was strong as well, but she found she was more interested in seeing if she could get a reaction from the Gryffindor than the Hufflepuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back