Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
24" Bloodwood with Nogtail tail core
@Yuelia Rossingol vs @Mischa Falter-Butera

Killian had the fourth years but this was the finals. He motioned for them to stand at opposite ends. At least fourth years knew more, so he would be entertained. "Whoever wins this will be fourth year champion. Don't forget the rules and I don't want to have to stop the duel. Now, bow to your opponent and begin." Killian doubted that this would end badly, but who knew. Sometimes, teenagers were out of control and unpredictable. He would know, he used to be one.

The duel begins now. You have 24 hours from this to post your first reply, or face disqualification. Once both duelists have posted, you will have 24 hours from your opponents post to reply, or be disqualified. Ensure that you use the spell list for guidance on age-appropriate spells, and read over the dueling rules and points system. Please also remember site rules apply, including power/god modding. You can find the site rules here. Duels will run until there is a winner or until 6 IRL days have passed, in which case the winner will be chosen by RNG. If you are knocked out or otherwise disarmed/incapacitated, or if you run out of points, you will lose and the duel will end. Have fun!
As an added note: Spectators are allowed to post in this topic once per competitors post, but are forbidden from directly interfering with the duels.

Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b] 150
[hr][/hr]RP content[hr][/hr]
[b]Action(s) Taken:
Point Changes:
Points Remaining:[/b]

Current Points: 150

Mischa was pretty buzzing to make it out of the first round of duels. This might finally be his chance to prove he wasn't a useless with a wand. He couldn't stop himself from grinning as he stood opposite Yuelia, even if he knew this was going to be quite a hard duel. But he wasn't going to complain about a bit of a challenge, quickly offering the girl a bow before he straightened and aimed his wand right at her, "Stupefy!"

Action(s) Taken: cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 145

Current Points: 150

Yuelia was thrilled to win over Emmanuel, as tough an opponent as he was. She believed she was better, of course. And she was excited to go up against Mischa. She liked him, because he seemed just as keen to duel as she was, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to try and win. She smiled as she bowed, quickly pulling up a shield charm. "Aw, don't you want to have a little fun first?" she taunted, firing back with a Tarentallegra.

Action(s) Taken: cast spell x2
Point Changes: -5, -5
Points Remaining: 140

Current Points: 145

He did want to win, even if he knew full well the girl opposite was the two times reigning champion. But that didn't mean she was going to win again. He still had a small chance. "I've havin' plenty fun, thanks," he responded with a grin, putting up his own shield to protect himself before firing back with a quick Slug Vomiting Curse.

Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 135

Current Points: 140

Yuelia's eyes lit up. This was already more fun than the last round, although she still found the slug vomiting curse disgusting. Even she didn't want to use something like that. She blocked it, tilting her head with a smile. "Nobody who uses that spell is having fun. Confundo!"

Points Remaining: 130

Current Points: 135

"What d'ya mean? I find the after effects plenty fun to watch," it could never not be amusing to watch someone throwing up slugs. And also just a little bit disturbing to watch as well. But this was supposed to be a duel, not a chat, quickly casting another shield before debating for just a moment what his next spell was going to be. In the end, he decided for a nice Rictusempra.

Points Remaining: 125

Current Points: 130

"So vulgar," Yuelia drawled, looking alive for the first time since...probably the last duelling competition. She blocked the spell, making sure to pace herself so she wasn't getting as caught up with adrenaline (hard to do, but she had been working on it), before responding with a bat-bogey hex. "At least step your disgusting spells up, like this!"

Points Remaining: 120

Current Points: 125

No one said he couldn't have any fun with this competition, and while winning was still the main goal, he at least wanted to try and enjoy himself. He sniggered somewhat as he protected himself yet again, letting the shield drop with a shrug of his shoulders. "Kinda amusing that one, but I prefer the slugs," it was the truth as well, nodding his head somewhat before shooting back a Fur growing spell, because he also thought that would be quite amusing to watch.

Points Remaining: 115

Current Points: 120

Yuelia was really taking her time, playing around, toying with Mischa as much as he would let her...and then she had to swiftly dodge as a spell almost grazed her, because she was getting carried away. Her eyes narrowed. She wanted to have fun, but she had to win. If she didn't win, she was nothing. Less than nothing, even. "And what do we do with slugs? We burn them. Incendio," she practically spat, hoping to set his robe on fire.

Action(s) Taken: dodged, cast spell
Point Changes: -10, -5
Points Remaining: 105

Current Points: 115

He was just a little surprised with how quickly her mood seemed to change, a more dangerous streak seeming to come out from nowhere. But Mischa just grinned, having to quickly dodge his way around the sudden fire. If that was how she wanted to play things, then he was more than happy to oblige. "No, you cover them in salt," he firstly corrected her, "Or, if ya want to, ya can cut their heads off. Diffindo!"

Action(s) Taken: dodged, cast spell
Point Changes: -15
Points Remaining: 100

Current Points: 105

Yuelia liked this level of competition, in a way - duelling against Mischa was much more fun than Emmanuel, who seemed to just stonewall her - but the fear and desperation to avoid losing had her in a tight embrace. She had to win. She just had to, there would be no point in even showing her face at school any more if she lost. She blocked the spell, not really wanting to be cut to shreds, firing back with a reducto. "You're fun. But I'm afraid I can't let you defeat me."

Points Remaining: 95

Current Points: 100

Mish was grinning the whole time through this duel. This was a lot more fun than the previous round by a long shot. Flicking his wand as he quickly cast a shield charm, Mischa couldn't help a small shake of his head. "Not 'bout whether you let me win or not. I'm gonna win," he was determined, quickly turning his wand on the girl so he could shoot a knee-reversing hex her way.

Points Remaining: 90

Current Points: 95

Yuelia was in two minds, she was still desperate to win but the fact that she was having a good time almost seemed to make that desperation quiet down. Almost, anyway. Her eyes shone, and she gave what seemed to be a strangely genuine laugh after quickly blocking his spell. "We'll see, won't we? Everte Statum!"

Points Remaining: 85

Current Points: 90

He felt like the confidence was giving him a huge boost, once more managing to get up a shield just in time, not really wanting to end up getting knocked completely off the platform. "I mean, you're trying, but it's going to be be enough. Locomotor Mortis!"

Points Remaining: 80

Current Points: 85

Yuelia looked affronted, only just barely getting a shield charm up in time. She was letting herself get distracted, enjoying the company too much, and she couldn't win like that. "It's so cute that you think you're better than me. But that's enough out of you for now, I think. Silencio!"

Points Remaining: 75

Current Points: 80

In his opinion, this should be exactly what duelling should be like. Fun with lots of time for teasing. "Awe, ya think I'm cute?" The words left his mouth and he didn't feel in the least but guilty about them, still feeling strong as he blocked the spell, the grin still ever present as he aimed again to fire back with a jelly-fingers jinx.

Points Remaining: 70

Current Points: 75

Yuelia tried not to show any hesitation, but if one were to look closely they would see colour rise in her cheeks at the comment. She haughtily blocked the spell, not wanting to think too much about whether or not she thought Mischa was cute. "I didn't- Stupefy!"

Points Remaining: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back