Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Lucas was happy to have been chosen as co-captain by Connor, though right now he wasn't entirely sure he was up for the job. It just felt different, being at Hogwarts now. The recent breakup with Linden wasn't helping his mood any. He knew it had been the right call to make, the right call for Linden's sake at any rate, but that didn't mean he wasn't still sad about it. He tried to push it from his mind, though he knew it was fairly lily that Linden would be here today to try out for his keeper position again. Lucas idly wondered if Linden would have been made captain if he had been on the team at the end of last year. Maybe he would've been Lucas' co-captain instead of Tilly. That thought made him wince. After their breakup, that would've been incredibly awkward.

Lucas waited on the pitch along with Tilly. He hoped plenty of people would show up at today's tryouts, though he was also aware they didn't have many empty spots besides Connor. Still, they needed alternates too, and good ones if they could get them. Lucas glanced at Tilly when he was fairly sure everyone was there. Then, he cleared his throat. "Alright, welcome everyone. My name is Lucas Fletcher and I'm one of the co-captains of the Hufflepuff team. You're all here because you're either already on the team, or want to be on the team. Tryouts are simple, you tell us which position you're going for and then you try out playing that position. Our current team members will also be in the air to help out or play like they're on the opposite team." He paused. "Good luck everyone." He tried to sound at least a little enthusiastic, but it was a bit of a struggle. He stepped back and watched as the first person started.

PositionPlayers
SeekerLucas Fletcher (Co-captain)
KeeperAVAILABLE
BeaterTilly Drage (Co-captain)
BeaterAVAILABLE
ChaserJordan Harris
ChaserBlair Bianchi
ChaserLeonardo Orr
AlternatesAVAILABLE

Last edited:
Zag didn't really know what he was doing here. He probably wasn't cut out to be on a Quidditch team, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to show up to the try-out anyway. If he wanted to break out of his shell and try and make some friends, then maybe joining the team was going to help with that. And he thought he was an alright player, nothing special, but better than someone who had never flown on a broom before, anyway. Not to mention he liked flying, more than he actually thought he would when he first started.

Trying very hard not to look nervous as he stood there, Zagreus swallowed all of the anxiousness he was feeling as he looked at the Captain. When there was silence, it was with embarrassment that it meant he was supposed to introduce himself. "Oh, um, sorry," he offered softly, trying to stand a little straighter, "My name is Zagreus. Zagreus Kohler and, um, I'm trying out as Keeper." He'd made the decision only a few days ago, deciding that he probably wasn't good enough to be a chaser or a beater. Keeper sounded nice enough to him.

Mounting his broom, the second year kicked off into the air and quickly settled himself in front of the goal hoops, prepared to try and block any shots that were made his way. Unfortunately, he did manage to let a couple of goals through, the redness spreading more and more over his cheeks every single time he failed to make a save. But he thought he had still put on a good showing, managing to save more goals than he managed to let in. Landing on the ground again, he did manage a soft smile, feeling just a little more confident than he had when he had started.

Leonardo knew he'd been lucky in the year he'd managed to join the quidditch team, there had just been a space for him, but it did mean he didn't have to try out again. A good thing when he was still feeling pretty tired and out of practice. He arrived at the pitch, greeting the two new captains, whom he was sure would do a good job. "Congratulations," he said, when there was a moment to before getting up into the air, and focusing on getting better. He had to be better to keep the spot on the team.

Felix was excited for try outs this year and wasn't exactly nervous but his stomach still did a little flip as he came on to the pitch and waved at Leo. He felt good about his spot on the team even though he had to try out again. He had won one of their games last year and he knew that had to count for something. He listened as Lucas addressed the team but was eager to get into the air. "I'm Felix Carnahan and I'm trying out for seeker...again." he announced proudly when it was his turn and gave Lucas a thumps up before he took to the air. It took a while for him to eventually spot the snitch and he dove for it quickly and narrowly avoided colliding with some of the new students trying out, but he was able to grab it out of the air and held it up triumphantly. Felix let it go after making sure Lucas saw him and went back to looking. He managed to catch it a few more times before the final whistle blew and he was sweaty and tired.

Tilly was thrilled to be named co-captain of the Hufflepuff team. She had spent most of the winter break looking forward to getting back into the skies. Arriving to the pitch early, she helped Lucas set up. More than happy to let him start tryouts, she hovered on her broom, holding her bat over her shoulder. She nodded to Leonardo when he showed up, happy that he had rejoined the team this year. Tilly watched as a younger student approached the hoops, making an honest effort at saving the quaffle. Throughout the tryouts, she circled the pitch, keeping an eye on the bludgers and the newcomers. She hoped there was going to be a lot of interest in the team this year.

This would be René's fourth year trying out for the Hufflepuff team and while the familiar faces of the team did make it feel less daunting, he still felt his hands sweating as Lucas addressed the gathered players. It was cool that Tilly was one of their co-captains now, René liked to think he and Tilly were pretty close after playing together for so long, so surely that would help his chances of officially making the team too. René had played in a game in every position but beater so far, but there was no doubt in his mind that he wanted Connor's old spot.

"René- uh René Tofilau, trying out for beater. Hi, guys," he said, giving the team a quick nod hello before kicking into the air. Felix was also trying out again and René spent a moment showing off his defensive skills, trying to keep up as Felix shot across the pitch for the snitch. It also helped warm him back up for what he hoped would be a more impressive display on the offensive, moving away from Felix to start hunting down the bludgers. It was hard to move around the added players on the pitch, and René had to duck once or twice when he misjudged a bludger, but he was much less skittish of them than he used to be, knocking several hard across the pitch. He pointed sent several Tilly's way, hoping the boldness might impress her even if he took a bludger to the stomach at one point that left him winded. Arm's tired, René touched back down, wiping a sweaty arm across his forehead, aching, but hopeful he'd finally secured a permanent spot on the team.

Jordie skipped down to the pitch, determined to prove he was still worth keeping on the team. He smiled at Lucas and Tilly, throwing her a wink before taking off into the air. He tried to work as more support for the new kids, or back up for Leo. Eventually try outs ended and Jordie hit the ground, stretching out before sauntering lazily back up to the castle.

It had been touch ang go as to if Linden would attend quidditch tryouts today or not. he had missed being on the team and had decided to try out again this year. but the events of the holiday coupled with lucas being named the team co-captain made him wonder if it would be better for him to not. in the end he decided to at least try out. anjoy being on his broom once his year. playing with jordie, and leo and Blair. even if it wasn't a proper match. then the ball was in lucas's court and he could again decide if he wanted him or if he was going to reject him again. as lucas talked he zoned out. he had heard some version of the speech many times. and just didn't want to hear it.
"Congratulations Tilly." he said. forcing a smile. the rest of what he was saying was aimed at Lucas even though he was talking to tilly. "I am Linden Cullen, and I'm here to try and see if you want me back. I always thought it was good keeper material. i could have a shot at the beater's spot if that is what you want, or i can be whatever else you need me to be" he said glancing at Lucas to see if he heard what was actually saying even implying that he would try and be more like connor if that was what he wanted. though to be first the first time he had tried out he had tried out as either keeper or beater before taking to the sky and heading to the goals. he was pleasantly surprised to see that there was someone else guarding them so he did a lap before heading to the others and spent the tryouts guarding the hoops and trying hard not to look a Lucas, an activity that, due to its nature, failed.

Renata was absolutely thrilled to be at Hogwarts. Already it was so much warmer and more welcoming than Durmstrang. Her nonna and nonno had set up a nice little restaruant and her mother was taking on a few singing students, so everything was looking up. As for Renata herself, she couldn't wait to throw herself in to everything that Hogwarts had to offer. Including Quidditch! She had played a little at Durmstrang and wasn't too bad at it. She was only a third year so she didn't exactly expect to make the team but there was certainly no harm in trying out. Maybe if she did well enough she could be an alternate or a reserve. At least she'd be getting involved and meeting people.

"Hello everyone!" she greeted. There seemed to be a bit of tension about but she knew it wasn't really her place to pry in that matter. Clinging to her old broom, she gave a wave and a cheerful smile to everyone. "My name is Renata and I'd love to try out for anything! But I will give Beater a go." Chaser probably would have been her position of choice, but it seemed the spots were taken. She was a little hesitant to try out for beater, slightly afraid that it might give her a bad rep if people knew what school she'd gone to, but there was no harm in trying out, as she thought she could have a lot of fun with it. Still, she picked up a bat and started flying around. One of the other people trying out for beater was being a bit more aggressive, but she went out of her way to approach the seekers, keeping an eye on them and swooping in to deflect bludgers that came their way. Perhaps she should've played more aggressively but if she was going to be a beater she wanted to focus on the defensive side, occasionally sweeping over to where the chasers were and trying to deflect any bludgers that came near them, too. She managed to hit quite a few, although one did hit her arm with a misjudged swing that she knew was going to bruise. She didn't let it bother her though, not wanting to show any signs of faltering.

Tryouts close in about 48 hours, if you're thinking of trying out do so now!

First years are free to post now too.

Lucas was focused on the tryouts, trying to be objective and look at what everyone was doing. He was glad he had Tilly to talk to and to help him decide on things. He wasn't sure how Connor had ever done this on his own. When it came to Linden's turn, Lucas was planning on not directly looking at him until he was in the sky. But as Linden started to speak, he wanted the ground to swallow him up. He glanced at Linden, his face flushing. Surely it was obvious what he meant to everyone else, he was hardly being subtle. Lucas didn't respond to it, feeling incredibly awkward. He decided to let Tilly focus on Linden's tryouts and looked at one of the new kids instead.

Sorry for the weird double-post I realized I wanted to reply to this right after that reminder

Hufflepuff tryouts are closed! Keep an eye on this space for the team to be potsed soon.

Blair was absolutely glad to be on the main team and when the try-outs came, she immediately came over to see how it was gonna go. She was glad to see Tilly and Lucas as captains, they were gonna be an amazing team. And once she was allowed to, Blair took the air and finally went on to help or distract the new players.

OOCOut of Character:
approved by admins, thank you!

The Hufflepuff team for y41:
PositionPlayers
SeekerLucas Fletcher (Co-captain)
KeeperLinden Cullen
BeaterTilly Drage (Co-captain)
BeaterRené Tofilau
ChaserJordan Harris
ChaserBlair Bianchi
ChaserLeonardo Orr
Alternate KeeperZagreus Kohler