Open Y38 Start of Year Feast!

Mallory was pleased to be back at school, even if her break had been fairly disappointing. She tried not to dwell on it as she took her seat the the staff table, watching with polite interest as students were sorted. She had just turned to her meal, debating on how hungry she actually was, when Professor Kingsley spoke next to her. She looked up, offering a shy smile. "Oh, it was, ah, well really rather disappointing. How was yours?" She asked, a little pleased her Russian accent was less pronounced this year.

@Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Lily had to admit she'd been disappointed when Tyler had interrupted them on the train ride, but relieved when nothing had actually happened. She found herself sitting by Elliot again, smiling softly at her best friend once the sorting was concluded. She nudged his arm, looking for his attention again. "Hey," she greeted with a playful grin.

@Elliot Briar

Ren had unintentionally napped the entire way to school. He ran a hand over his hair, looking around as the ceremony concluded. He smiled, getting up from the Gryffindor table and sauntering over to the Hufflepuff table. "Hey, beautiful. Room for me?" He asked, sliding in and giving his girlfriend his most charming smile, hoping she'd grant him access to sit with her.

@Samantha Jacobs

Yeah, yeah that,” Salem said, trying to mime a flipping sort of cartwheel while still staying seated at the table and nearly sticking her elbow in her juice. She glanced over when Aerin chimed in, nodding quickly in agreement. “Yeah, we could start our own circus here at school,” she said, grinning at Elara. Salem wasn’t really looking forward to a whole nother year of school, but getting to learn how to do flips and ‘aerials’ made it sound a lot more appealing. “Break was a bit boring, really. I get to see my family more now, but I didn’t know I’d have to see so much of them,” she said, rolling her eyes. She’d had no idea how intimidating and boring her aunt and uncle were when they’d first moved here and now Salem knew too well. @Elara Chatelain @Aerin Park

Sawyer shrugged when the first year said he’d prefer the sweeter stuff. He wouldn’t really blame him, Sawyer figured he’d probably do the same if he was let loose without any parental supervision (or really in his case, sister supervision), even if it’d make him sick. “Wise decision. Plausible deniability goes further than you think, especially with Professor Josephs,” he said, pointing towards their head of house before raising his own fork in a mock toast to the boy. “I’m Sawyer, by the way,” he added, taking a tentative bite of carrot. He never liked when they were too mushy and it seemed to go 50/50 when it came to school food being good. “Welcome and stuff." @Zachariah Ezekiel King

Nicole couldn't deny the burst of satisfaction when the boy noticed at her prefect badge, though she frowned when the first year just said he was fine. She glanced uncertainly down at his sketch book and untouched plate and back to him. “Oh. Well okay…” she said dubiously. She was always starving after the train ride, but worried people would think she was a slob if she just snacked all the time before the feast. “What are you drawing then?” She asked, leaning a little closer to see if she could see the boy’s sketch book. @Rhys Garner

Looking in the direction Sawyer pointed Zachariah slightly nodded. He turned back to him and smirked at the somewhat odd gesture of cheers. "Zachariah." He said as an introduction. "And thanks I guess."

@Sawyer Carnahan

Elara grinned when Salem mentioned that they should start a circus. "Oh yeah! As long as you can get a cartwheel, aerials are pretty simple," she said to Aerin and took another bite of her food. "We could even have our own mascot like the quidditch teams!" she said with a giggle. She felt bad that Salem hadn't had a decent time with her family, something she felt really luck to experience. "Do you have any siblings, Salem, or is it just your cousin?" she asked, remembering the rude boy she'd met during the break. @Salem Lee @Aerin Park

Aerin grinned. “A circus? I’ve always wanted to go to one.” Aerin had never thought of going to a circus, but she thought they were pretty cool, hearing about them now made her want to visit one. Then again, all she’d probably hear would be music and circus-ey sounds. “That would be so cool!” She exclaimed. It would also probably be exhilerating, getting off the ground seemed very scary, but if it was only for a second, she’d manage. We’re also literally the only house with a trampoline.” She added.

Aerin turned to Salem. She knew most siblings had love-hate relationships with their siblings, but she thought her siblings had always been a little different. Mirim can be a little annoying at times, but they spent a lot of time together.
@Elara Chatelain @Salem Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back