Y37 Ilvermorny Quidditch Practice S2

Adam hovered about, shifting into a more comfortable, almost lazy position on his broom.

Spotting another bludger tailing after Hope, AJ flew to intercept, pleased when he was able to knock it straight to @Eli Carter.

Eli yelped in pain and surprise when the bludger hit him out of nowhere. He hadn't been paying close attention to AJ, and now he was paying the price for it. He glowered at the other beater, then tried to hit the bludger back and failed.

Adam x1
AJ x1
Eli x2
Hope x1
Hyun x1
Lucas x1
Einar 1x
Zeke x1
Dominic x1

AJ did his best not to shrink under Eli's angry gaze. Maybe that would be his goal for next year, not be scared of Eli. Lining up with the bludger as Eli knocked it back, AJ grinned as he managed another solid hit, sending it over to @Zeke Carnahan this time.

Dominic blew his whistle and got the team's attention. “That should be it for today. Good hustle everyone.” he shouted and gestured for everyone to land. He was one of the first to make it down and he shifted his weight nervously as he waited for everyone. “I have an announcement to make! Just give me second before you head to the locker room.” he called out, wanting to make this quick. “As all of you know this is my last semester and I graduate in a few weeks.” he began and wrung his hands nervously. He was surprised how emotional he was feeling. Part of it was being sad but it also had to do with his actual announcement. “So that being said, it’s time for me to announce who will be taking over the team next year. I’ve thought about it a lot,” he started but hesitated and glanced around to look at the team. He had no idea how they would react but he had to stick to his decision. “and I’ve decided to name Eli and Adam co-captains for next year.” he finished quickly. “I hope that by working together they can really push the team to be even better.” he added before anyone could say anything, and waited for the other shoe to metaphorically drop.

OOCOut of Character:
Practice is now closed!

Lucas was surprised when practice was suddenly over, pouting a bit. He landed with the others, listening to Dominic as he started talking. Lucas swallowed nervously. He glanced at Einar, a bad feeling in his belly. His eyes widened as Dominic made his announcement, his jaw dropping. He bit his lip and automatically took a small step behind Einar. He swallowed nervously. "Will the two of them even let me back on the team?" He whispered, reaching nervously for Einar's sleeve.

@Einar Haines

Zeke knew he had been out of it for most of this practice, hit by more bludgers than he'd hit himself, but he couldn't bring himself to care about the pain in his ribs and shoulder. Dominic was leaving. Zeke had joined the Quidditch team to have fun, sure, and he was having fun, but he had also grown really close to Dominic. He hadn't expected that. He didn't want to see the other boy go. It had dampened his usual chipper demeanor. Zeke listened quietly as Dominic named Red and Pretty boy to replace him and sighed softly. There was a fight in that announcement, he was sure. Part of him wanted to turn and slink away, probably to try and hide his disappointment that he was already losing Dominic, but Zeke wanted to make sure no one would try anything stupid. If a fight did break out between the co-captains to be, Zeke knew that Dominic would be in the middle.

Adam touched to the ground after the whistle was called, eager to head to the locker room and get away from the rest of his team. He hovered for a moment, giving Dominic a chance to make his announcement, but once he realised it was just some mopey emotional crap about graduating, he took a few steps closer to the lockers, not wanting to listen to how proud he was of everyone, how much they'd come together as a team, or whatever dumb speech he'd come up with. He slowed down at the mention of captains, pausing to listen. His entire being flashed with anger at the mention of Eli, fricking Eli, but it washed away almost immediately when he heard his own name. He couldn't believe it. He was the best player, the most talented, the most eligible to lead a team who had so much to learn from him, but he'd never expected any of them to have the common sense to actually name him captain. "Thank you Torres. That was really touching. Truly." He said, pushing his way through to stand in front of the former captain. "As your new captain, you can bet I'll whip this amateur team into shape. Next year, under my leadership, we'll finally have a victory against Beauxbatons, and any other school that challenges me...us. That challenges us. Ilvermorny will be like a whole. New. Team." He smiled, looking pointedly at the players he was most eager to get rid of. "Ah, and don't worry Torres. I can handle the team on my own. I won't need a protégé. That's french for pupil, by the way." He explained, almost boastfully, as if they didn't understand the word, or been to France with him every few years. He couldn't be sure that's what the word actually meant, but it was close enough. "Carter can stay as a regular member of the team. He was only just recently promoted from benchwarmer. Come on, it wouldn't make sense to throw him in the deep end." He laughed, almost sure that Dominic had to be joking about naming Eli the co-captain. He'd barely been a core member of the team for long, and he had such terrible aim.​

Having only managed to score once, Hyun finally landed at the end of practice not really feeling all that fulfilled. He had wanted to do better. He was just going to head back to the locker rooms and have a shower to clean off, but he paused when Dominic started his speech. Hyun had almost forgotten the chaser was graduating. And then came the announcement of the new captains and the fourth year quirked a brow before shifting his gaze to Lucas. He knew that he had been most worried about Adam being named as a captain, and now it was happening. Well, co-captain, but from the way he was talking, he was acting like he was the one in charge. "Oh, stop acting like you're so magnificent," he couldn't help but snap, "It's getting old real quick."

Last edited:
Lucas' eyes widened, and he ducked more behind Einar when he thought Adam had looked at him. He turned wide, hurt eyes to Dominic. This didn't make sense, Dominic had told him that Lucas had a shot, that if he kept training, Lucas would get better, that Lucas could do it, be a good part of the team. Okay, maybe he hadn't said it in so many words, but... Lucas thought Dominic had believed in him. He had to know that Adam would do this, that Adam would kick him out. Lucas felt ashamed, he felt sick. His tears were threatening to spill over. This was what he got for thinking he could actually do something, thinking he had a shot. Lucas bit his lip, turning and running from the field before he could embarrass himself any further.

Eli was frustrated by how the practice had gone, it hadn't been his best and he just knew Adam was going to make some dumb comments about it in the locker room. He wanted to just go there without talking to the rest of the team so he could leave quickly, but Dominic had something to say. Eli remembered that this was Dominic's final practice as their captain, so he supposed it wasn't too weird. Eli crossed his arms, frowning a bit as he listened. He should have realized a new captain would be picked, but truthfully, he'd hardly thought about it. So when his own name was mentioned, he was taken aback. But even more when Adam's name was said after his. "What?!" He said, looking from Dominic to Adam like it was some sort of joke. In any other scenario where Adam had been named captain, he would have left the team. But he was also captain, so... he couldn't. Not without giving that up. Did he even want to be captain? He'd never seriously considered it. But while Eli was still processing this news, Adam had already taken it on himself to talk to the team as if he was the only captain. Eli immediately realized that he couldn't leave, not with Adam in charge. Someone had to balance him out, and he supposed it was him. "Shut up Adam." Eli said, frowning as he stepped forward to stand next to him. "He named us both, I won't let you run this team on your own." He was glad at least the others didn't seem all that pleased with him, though none of them seemed all that pleased with him either. He then gestured to Dominic accusingly. "See what you did, naming him? He's going to ruin the whole team and run is into the ground." He said angrily.

Einar flew down to the ground and joined Lucas with the rest of the team looking towards their captain. He wasn't too surprised by the speech he was giving, he might actually half miss Dominic, he was nice, Einar knew Lucas liked him and that helped Einar like him too. Not to mention he just seemed a little friendlier...but perhaps all of that had been wrong. Eli and Adam....Eli and Adam as captains....He looked towards Lucas who he could tell was definitely not too happy by this, he seemed quite betrayed by it even and Einar's expression hardened, even more so as Adam started speaking. What about Hope, she was nice, she was good at this, she wasn't awful to literally everyone. She didn't bully other players. Einar looked back at Dominic and was trying to find an explanation, a reasoning for this. A fake out, this wouldn't be happening. Einar noticed Lucas moved in behind him and then ran off. He couldn't believe the guy who'd bullied Lucas and others relentless since they'd joined the team, would be leading it. Einar loved quidditch but he wasn't sure he'd enjoy it with Adam and Eli. Einar sighed slightly, he didn't need quidditch, there was time to decide finally. He sent a last look towards Dominic, before he turned and followed Lucas.

Things were going about as well as he expected and he pinched the bridge of his nose as the team inevitably started to bicker. He sighed and held up his hands. “Calm down.” he said evenly, addressing the whole team. “Adam, you're not the only captain and the rules haven’t changed.” he said looking at Adam. “Everyone still has their spots as long as they show up next year and alternates have first dibs. The usual.” he explained, hoping to keep everyone calm. He knew that his choice was going to be controversial or whatever but he had hoped they’d have a little more faith. They had to at least give them a chance, and maybe finally Eli and Adam will understand exactly how hard it was to lead the team. “Nope!” he said quickly and put a hand on Adam's shoulder, not surprised he was trying to take over already. “That’s exactly why you need a co-captain.” he added, looking between both boys. He sighed when he saw Lucas leave. He had been optimistic Lucas had grown confident enough to take the news and not give up but he may have miscalculated that one. “Listen everyone, all I ask as that you give it a shot. Alright?” he asked, giving everyone a pleading look. Dominic was surprised how calm he sounded and he realized he was. He was just so tired and apparently nothing he had tried so far had worked to make the team succeed, so maybe this finally would.

AJ let out a relieved breath when Dominic called the practice, his arms really starting to ache. He touched down, stumbling awkwardly when Dominic called them over to talk before they could head to the locker room. He'd loved Dom as a captain, but AJ still hoped this wouldn't turn into anything too emotional. Emotional vulnerability and their team weren't exactly two things that went together in AJ's mind. The announcement of their new captains however came as a shock and AJ had to wonder if he really had knocked something loose with that last bludger hit to Dominic. AJ nodded vague when Dominic asked them to just give it a shot. At least it would only be one year and he wasn't ready to give up on their team just yet. Though AJ couldn't say the same for everyone, watching with concern as Lucas and then Einar left the pitch already. They were in for a bumpy ride next year.

Hope was sad when the practice ended. She didn't even catched the snitch but tried to stay strong. She felt bad and didn't believed in herself. Flying around hearing the boys discussing in the back. She sighted and than felt an sudden anger. Was Adam really the new captain. She thought of quitting even more than. Because there would no fun at all. But it would be her last year next year. One change to make it all better. Although she still didn't knew if she had to continue. Hope flew around until she reached the ground and quickly made her way out.

Adam scoffed at Hyun, who had the audacity to get snarky with his new captain, despite being one of the freshest benchwarmers on the team. The lack of respect on this team for the real players was astonishing. "You think you can step up to me, newbie?" He asked. He'd have to send him to the chopping block too. He sniggered as Lucas who, predictably, ran off to cry somewhere, with Einar also predictably following along. There was no room for weakness on his team. He turned to argue with Eli, but was interrupted by Dominic, acting as if he had any real say in Adam's decisions the following year. He'd just have to wait and see. He could tolerate Eli as a co-captain, and he was sure he could convince him to see just how much the team needed an overhaul to get rid of the players dragging them down. "Whatever. You heard the man, now everyone clear off and hit the showers." He instructed, beginning to trudge off the pitch himself.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back