Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
Leading the first batch of duelists onto the stage, Katherine gestured for them to take their positions on opposite ends, and briefly explained the rules and formalities as a refresher, though by now almost everyone both competing and spectating was bound to know them. With all said and done, the Headmistress took her place on a raised podium overlooking the stage and the crowd gathered around it, before taking her wand to her throat. "Bow and commence." Her voice boomed clearly, informing the competitors that they were welcome to begin.

OOCOut of Character:
The duel begins now. You have 24 hours to post, or face disqualification. Ensure that you use the spell list for guidance on age-appropriate spells, and read over the dueling rules and points system. If you are knocked out or otherwise disarmed/incapacitated, or if you run out of points, you will lose and the duel will end. Have fun!
As an added note: Spectators are allowed to post in this topic once per competitors post, but are forbidden from directly interfering with the duels.
Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b]
[hr]RP content[hr][b]Action(s) Taken:
Point Changes:
Points Remaining:[/b]
@Chrysander Kaster @Elio Zephyr

Current Points: 150​

Chrys wasn't sure what on Earth had possessed him to sign up for duelling, especially since he wasn't actually very good at it. Transfiguration and Potions were his things, not whatever the would require. He was even less happy when he discovered his partner was of course Elio. Because it was never going to be anyone else and he probably should have expected this. Still, not one to be outdone, Chrys made sure every movement he made as he walked was deliberate. If he could distract Elio enough, maybe he could actually win. He certainly needed a win. "Oh look, Adonis has come out to play." He said, grinning. He hoped he wasn't going to get into trouble for flirting. "Ready boy? I have a bone to pick with you." He said, licking his lips as he tried to think of what might have been his best strategy here. He decided he'd wait to see what Elio would do and so he bowed slowly, not taking his eyes off of the Gryffindor.
Action(s) Taken: Flirted a lot. Distraction technique?​
Point Changes: No change​
Points Remaining: 150​

Current Points: 150

Elio had mixed thoughts about having been paired with Chrys for his first match. On the one hand he was looking forward to it because he had a feeling it was going to be pretty intense, given their last meeting, but on the other hand he wasn't really sure where they stood either and it was probably best not to think about that too much. As soon as they got to the stage Chrys began to attack, only with his quips rather than his spells. "Oh, you think this is a game?" Elio smirked back, moving into the right position as he was instructed. Elio knew he'd caused a little trouble for the Hufflepuff, but he bowed in symmetry straight back to Chrys, the smile never leaving his face as their eyes were locked. "I'd like to see you try."
Action(s) Taken: Egged him on
Point Changes: 0
Points Remaining: 150

Current Points: 150​
Chrys licked his lips in full view to Elio. There was something about him that just got to Chrys and it was both incredibly annoying but also insanely hot. "Isn't it a game? You know I love to play." He said, winking at the Gryffindor who hadn't seen fit to throw a spell at him yet. "I don't have to try anything. You know I'm all about the doing." He momentarily flashed back to the student lounge before twirling his wand in his hands. "If you have a badger and a lion, and the badger gets under the lion, who do you think would submit first, the badger, or the lion?"
Action(s) Taken: Got egged on​
Point Changes: None​
Points Remaining: 150​

Last edited:

Was Chrys doing this on purpose? Trying to distract him to catch him off guard? Of course it was, and Elio would be lying if he wasn't making the most of it and trying to do the same back to him. "Go on then. Play the game, and I'll show you what it means to win," he smirked, having every intention of beating Chrys regardless of how many distractions were laid down beforehand. Elio narrowed his eyes, it was true that Chrys didn't use talking as his main focus . Elio heard the professors words, clearly she thought they were taking too long to get started but really Elio was just enjoying the warm up. Elio didn't shift his gaze however, "I suppose that depends on how strong the lion is, what the badger is doing, and also whether the badger can hold its own under the pressures," Elio grinned, raising his wand in the air doing very little to conceal his next move. "Petrificus Totalus"
Action(s) Taken: Continues to egg. Cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 145

Last edited:
Chrys was more than a little disappointed when his fun was ruined, but he tilted his head at Elio as he addressed his riddle, before trying to hit him with Petrificus Totalus. "Protego," he looked over at the Headmistress for a moment, trying to judge how much he could get away with. "Don't you worry Boy, we badgers are heartier than you think, even if you try to Harden up the resources we have at our disposal." He said, kissing the air with a cheeky grin. He quickly flicked his wrist sending the bedazzling hex at the Gryffindor.​
Action(s) Taken: EGGGS, cast spell x2​
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 140

Current Points: 145

Chrys deflected his attack which was a shame really, it would have been good to see it hit him. "Oh yeah?" Elio grinned, blocking his hex that came his way with relative ease. "I have no idea what you're talking about," the Gryffindor raised his eyebrows with a slight shrug, he wasn't going down that easily. Elio cast the trip jinx, hoping it would catch him out and trip Chrys in more than just his words. The Hufflepuff certainly knew how to play games, but Elio wasn't about to let him smooth talk his way to victory.
Action(s) Taken: cast spell x2
Points Remaining: 135

Last edited:
Rowan couldn't believe this. She certainly hoped there wasn't about to be something unsightly in the middle of the duelling chamber. "COME ON EL! HIT HIM WITH A STRONGER SPELL OR I WILL!" She called out to him, practically hanging off the sides of the spectator zone. "GET HIS FACE!" She was still a wee bit mad at the Hufflepuff, she was sure it wasn't obvious at all.​

Current Points: 140

Chrys wasn't sorry at all for what he was doing, not one bit. "Protego." He said, shrugging slightly. He looked over and winked at Rowan too, which only seemed to piss her off, because she yelled at Elio to get his face. "If he wants my face, he knows where I am, Sweetie." He said, before looking over at Elio again. "Tarantallegra!"
Action(s) Taken: This is getting out of hand, cast spells x2
Points Remaining: 130

Last edited:
Current Points: 135

Elio was enjoying this duel more than he cared to admit on stage, and the smirk never left the prefects face when Chrys continued to taunt him. "Good to know," he flashed the Hufflepuff his pearly whites as Chrys blocked the spell. His eyes glanced towards Rowan, who seemed to be getting even more angry about this duel that he was. "Don't worry, he'll get what's coming to him," Elio raised his wand again, not wanting to let up or show Chrys that he was going to back down. Elio blocked the spell fired at him, glad no one had to witness that tragedy. "Stupefy!"
Action(s) Taken: Help me, cast spell x2
Point Changes: - 10
Points Remaining: 125

Last edited:
Current Points: 130

"Your hair today, absolutely stunning." Chrys said, quickly dodging the stupefy that was thrown at him by dancing closer to Elio. He wasn't a great dancer, but he'd been friends with the twins for a long time, so, he knew a thing or two about movement. Elio said he'd get what was coming to him. "Oh, I really, really, hope so." He said, sticking his wand behind his ear before he took a few more steps closer to the Gryffindor and pressed himself as close as he could. "Last move, babe," before he pressed his lips to Elio's.
Action(s) Taken: I'M SORRY
Point Changes: -10 for dodging
Points Remaining: 120

Caspian couldn't believe what he was watching, more surprised that he was enjoying the spectacle. Despite the outrageous flirting happening on stage Caspian was still surprised when suddenly Chrys crossed the stage and planted his lips on Elio's. "Well damn," Caspian mumbled remembering his own kiss with Elio. No one had ever kissed him like that.

Current Points: 125

Elio knew his hair looked amazing, he didn't need Chrys to tell him that, although the Gryffindor was a little surprised as Chrys began to dance his way round the spells as he closer to him. His heart jumped in his chest as Chrys got close enough that his next move was entirely anticipated, and with wand still in hand he made no effort to move away as the Hufflepuff kissed him. The prefect couldn't help but smile again, knowing that since their last meeting had been interrupted things had been.. strange between them, and while Elio was more than ecstatic at the outcome of this duel, he still needed to end it. Maybe Chrys would be disqualified, but the Gryffindor wasn't letting him get off that fast. After just a second or two, the only part of Elio that pulled away back from the boy that stood in front of him was his lips, and wand still in hand, he looked up to meet Chrys' eyes before very quietly whispering. "Everte Statum"
Action(s) Taken: Got kissed. Cast a spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 120

The flirtatious exchange between the two students in front of an audience and their peers, one of them a prefect at that, was simply appalling behaviour. Katherine had half a mind to step in and comment, and drew attention to the fact they were here to duel, when the combatants decided to take the saying make love, not war a little too seriously. Katherine took a deep breath. There seemed to always be one group stepping out of their boundaries. "Cease." The woman called across the platform, drawing her own wand as Zephyr cast a spell. "Dueling is a not a contact sport. We make this very clear. Any kind of physical altercation, including lip-locking, is not tolerated on the dueling platform. Mr Zephyr, you should know better than to cast a spell once a rule has been broken. Both participants are hereby disqualified. Please make your way out of the chamber to allow for the next combatants." She said coolly, gesturing towards the exit with her wand.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back