Open WPC/CAC - Project Garden Kingdom

Connor had almost skipped the Wild Patch event entirely. Between how awkward he still felt around Lysander and the weight that had been hanging on his heart ever since the "break up" with Kas at Valentines, he just didn't feel up to pretending to be fine around so many people. But not showing up at all felt like it would be worse, so he had pulled himself together and dragged himself along to the meeting, listening in silence as Lys, Casper, and Kiara introduced the event. A joint event was the complete opposite of what he wanted, even more people he had to be around. At least Nicole wasn't in either club, he didn't know how well he could handle that right now. He found a quiet area and started planting some of the new seedlings, keeping quietly to himself and avoiding the rest of the club members for the time being.

Aubrey was having a good day. She had two friends now, Nikko and Lumio. It was a shame she never saw either at these things. She didn't count Salem as a friend anymore. She hoped to count the other Gryffindor as something more. The Valentines dance, though, had been... inconclusive, at best. Salem just couldn't take a hint. Aubrey considered this, only half watching as the leaders spoke. She ended up finding a seat, working on gently tying together a string of flowers. She caught Salem looking and smiled warmly in return, pleased to catch her crush looking at her. @Salem Lee

Lysander lightly rolled his eyes. A ship name? He almost had to chuckle at Kiara's excitement about it. "And how all normal friendships start! Technically I only invited him to one dance." He started, holding up a single digit. "I took my rat as my date to the first one and just happened to run into him then. Honestly, he was kind of more interested in my rat than me?" He shook his head with a laugh. It was blown a bit out of proportion. It wasn't like the two of them had coordinated anything to start with. He'd felt for Casper, seeing him hanging around on the sidelines without anyone to talk to, or dance with. He wasn't going to let him do the same thing for Valentines. Kiara was asking if he like-liked Casper again, and Lysander took a moment to respond. What did that feel like? How did you know? Between coming to his matches, and the gifts, he couldn't be sure. Now that he'd given it some thought, it almost seemed like he and Casper were...unintentionally dating. Or very close to it. It was hard to tell the difference between that and just a solid start to a friendship. In the end, he thought it was best to just humour her until he figured out what was going on. Kiara already seemed sold on the idea that they were a couple, and it wouldn't hurt to play along. "Maybe I do. Like-like him." He said with a small shrug of his shoulders, trying to act nonchalant about the whole thing. He dipped a brush in some colour and got to painting while they talked. "He's sweet, he's a friend..." He teased, glancing sidelong at Kiara with a small grin. He'd been curious, excited almost, to know if Casper had talked about him. It was interesting to know whenever anyone talked about him while he wasn't around. He wanted to know what they said. He was disappointed that Casper hadn't confided in his co-leader about anything, but it may well have just meant there really wasn't anything going on that wasn't simply platonic. "You mean, that Casper knows I'm at least handsome." He corrected with a laugh to show he was joking. "When you ask us a question like that out of the blue, then sheesh, I could've run off too. It's not that weird, is it?" He asked, checking over his shoulder to see if he could spot Casper. They really did need to talk after this. Had he been missing the signals? Sending mixed messages? He couldn't remember half of what they'd talked about anymore. It had seemed normal enough.
@Kiara Wood

"Plants can be happy?" he asked curiously. Then, remembering Herbology last year, he answered his own question. "Oh, like mandrakes." While it was kind of obvious that mandrakes could feel happiness, he wasn't sure if plants like the vines Salem was currently weaving had feelings. How would you even be able to tell? But if Salem said so... She was part of the Wild Patch Club, so Weston assumed he knew a lot more about this stuff than him.

Weston laughed at her comment. "Definitely. And I bet mandrakes like punk, and sunflowers like pop. And maybe bluegrass for... grass." That one seemed kind of obvious. He tapped out a couple more notes on the kalimba before remembering that Salem had said the chomping cabbages. "You guys don't actually have chomping cabbages, right?" he asked, glancing around warily. His grandmother had kept a couple in her garden, and he'd nearly lost a finger to one when he was younger.

@Salem Lee

Juno kind of wanted to help with the painting of the castle, but he knew that he would for sure be covered head-to-toe in paint by the end of the event if he gave in to that particular whim. He was down to his last pair of decent trousers, and knew his cleaning charms were abysmal, so Juno went to go do the smart thing: get covered in dirt instead. He found a patch of grass to work away at weaving some flowers together, but quickly got bored and decided it would be more interesting if he wandered around to check out what everyone else was doing while he made his garlands. If he was very careful about not tripping over his own feet while multitasking, there was definitely no way any of it could go horribly wrong.

Ana Sofia wondered for a second whether or not they should be decorating the castle like they were planning to, just to push back a little. Then again, Essie's idea sounded really cool. And pretty. There was no way people could dislike it. Plus, they were pretty much given artistic freedom. "Yeah, sounds like fun. Love the hearts idea." She nodded at her friend's idea, thinking having a landscape on the side of the castle would definitely stand out. With their own extra touches, ofcourse.

Ana picked up a brush of her own and started mixing some colours to create some different shades of green. She looked up when Sawyer appeared. "Don't be too sure Essie doesn't have a secret stash on her at all times." She giggled in response, looking at her friend almost as if she actually wondered expected her to suddenly make a bottle of glitter appear. "No no, if you're here you've got to paint." Ana smiled, offering Sawyer a brush. "You could do like the sky or the ground, I've already mixed some different greens." @Estella Fuentes @Sawyer Carnahan

Estella was glad that Ana seemed on board with her idea. She just wanted it to be pink and girly and was really excited to see the final result now. As Sawyer came over to them, she smiled at him. He was a really good friend and she was glad to see him joining in. The teen giggled as Ana implied that she had a secret stash of glitter on her. "It's for emergencies only." she added jokingly. She nodded when Ana told Sawyer that he had to paint. It would be nice for him to join them, and that way they could also get it done quicker. "You can't mess it up. Just paint in the same direction." She smiled at him reassuringly, confident that he'd be able to do it right as she continued mixing the pinks.
@Ana Sofia Burleigh @Sawyer Carnahan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back