Wizarding World Schools

Okay. I have been thinking about this. Maybe it could be like this.

Canada has 2 schools: one English speaking, one French speaking.

US has 2 coed schools: One in the Appalachian Mountains, one in the Rockies. Mountains would make it easier to disguise possibly? That, combined with Salem would hopefully cover all of the population.

Mexico needs one as well for Mexico and Central America. Possibly two. The Carribean can have one as well, or they can attend one on the mainland based on proximity and language.

South America has one in Brazil that is cannon, so they probably need at least one or two more. One in the North and one more in the South?

I do really like Sophia's points. I don't think the other schools would run on the same system, but there are other possiblities. Instead of Prefects, there could be a system of Student Government. Head Boy = President of student body. Prefect = student body Rep?

Just my thoughts. :D

Lily Potter said:

US has 2 coed schools: One in the Appalachian Mountains, one in the Rockies. Mountains would make it easier to disguise possibly? That, combined with Salem would hopefully cover all of the population.

Mexico needs one as well for Mexico and Central America. Possibly two. The Carribean can have one as well, or they can attend one on the mainland based on proximity and language.

South America has one in Brazil that is cannon, so they probably need at least one or two more. One in the North and one more in the South?

I do really like Sophia's points. I don't think the other schools would run on the same system, but there are other possiblities. Instead of Prefects, there could be a system of Student Government. Head Boy = President of student body. Prefect = student body Rep?

Just my thoughts. :D
silly republics have presidents.
Howz about Prime Ministers for the Canadian schools and in other parliamentary countries? :D :p

Nick, as for the Canadian schools, bear in mind that not every school will be the same size as Hogwarts. Perhaps the two schools in Canada are very small?

Sophia Stark said:
Nick, as for the Canadian schools, bear in mind that not every school will be the same size as Hogwarts. Perhaps the two schools in Canada are very small?
That could work I suppose :)

Professor Nicolas King said:
Lily Potter said:

Just my thoughts.  :D
Howz about Prime Ministers for the Canadian schools and in other parliamentary countries? :D :p
Well, what do you have at your high schools? Who is in charge of your student government? Prime Ministers or Presidents? I think that we could assume that each country's school follows a similar process to the country's government.

Lily Potter said:
Professor Nicolas King said:
Lily Potter said:

Just my thoughts.  :D
Well, what do you have at your high schools? Who is in charge of your student government? Prime Ministers or Presidents? I think that we could assume that each country's school follows a similar process to the country's government.
We had a Prime Minister at my high school. These are good ideas. :)

So I'm seeing a trend saying that Canada should have two schools: One English-speaking, the other French-speaking. Logical. As for the United States, I'm seeing a trend going for at least two. If there are two, one on each side of the country.

What are everybody's thoughts on these?

I would say about four for the United States two in the East and two in the west, one down in the south towards Mexico, where Students could attend that are Spanish Speaking, The Witches Academy, One near the Canada maybe (better hiding) and possiblly One another one in the west just for extra people.

I would say the schools should follow the Government System for their Country.

I also think Hawaii would have it's own school and maybe Alaska though I'm more likely to believe they would go to the Canadian school.

(Basically what Sophia already said)

I do believe that it is logical for Alaska to have it's own school.

Now: What is everybody's opinion on the Salem school mentioned in Goblet of Fire being girls-only, as it is mentioned as The Salem Witches Academy.

Ford Harkonnen said:
Now: What is everybody's opinion on the Salem school mentioned in Goblet of Fire being girls-only, as it is mentioned as The Salem Witches Academy.
Well, that sounds to me as if it is a girls only school, but that is my take on it. I see nothing wrong with some single-sex schools in the United States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back