Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
It seemed only yesterday that Monty had lain his first knocks upon Arvo's office door, inadvertently initiating what would grow over the next three years to become a faithful and unfaltering friendship. Even in the midst of a merciless prank war the Potions Professor could do nothing but revere his good companion - he who applied firmness and kindness in a way Monty couldn't hope to replicate but with years of experience and the elder man's guidance. He did not agree with every decision Arvo made - once or twice he had even felt affronted by his manner of going about things - but such was to be expected in any long term friendship, and Monty had no trace of a doubt that he could occasionally irritate Arvo, too. But despite their trifling differences Monty adored his friend like no other, and had even become a close friend of the man's wife and family in the process.

And yet, as he stood before Professor Kaelen's office, Monty felt that very same apprehension creep over him as he had done three years ago to the day. The fear that his impulsive decision to visit a new colleague would result in some terrible catastrophe or embarrassment, which, given his anxious nature, was not incredibly unlikely. Not feeling comforted by this thought he turned his mind upon the reason he had ascended to the first floor corridor in the first place: to welcome Liberty, who was surely feeling a little lost amongst the sea of unfamiliar faces she had been cast into, and who would perhaps appreciate a friendly visitor in this turbulent time. His decision now cemented he knocked firmly on the door, taking a polite step back as he waited for it to open.

Liberty was feeling as though she was in control of her new class and her new schedual. Everything so far had been going to plan, and although she needed to speak to one of her students, everyone was performing extremely well. The Professor was just brewing herself a beverage when she heard a tap at the door. She prayed it wasn't her nephew again. She loved the boy but if he continued to risk detention in order to come and visit her, she rather he wouldn't. Liberty walked over to the door, and pulled it open sharply, half expecting to need to scold the small Gryffindor.

"Professor Pendleton" her face turned into a bright smile, as she realised with relief she wouldn't need to do any scolding tonight. Probably. "Do come in" she said, opening the door wide to allow the Professor in. It was a nice surprise, to have a colleague drop by. She'd barely had a moment to discuss anything with them, but luckily she was aware of their names thanks to the meeting at the beginning of the year. "Can I get you something?" she offered, pouring herself a coffee and preparing to make a second. She hoped the Professor hadn't come by with any bad news, as she often saw him chasing after the most upset looking pupils. "Is everything going well for you?" She asked, genuinly interested to find out more about the Potions Master.
<i></i>

Monty startled at the abrupt opening of the door, but quickly relaxed into a smile. Clearly he had not been the company she was anticipating. "Hello," he said, passing her hesitantly and stepping into the office. "I hope this isn't an intrusion. Oh - tea would be wonderful, thank you." Liberty was much more welcoming than Monty had expected her to be, and he was momentarily thrown. "Yes, yes, everything's fine," he told her, which wasn't entirely truthful, but he wasn't about to burden his new colleague with details of Riley's death. "I just came to welcome you, really - and see if I might perhaps be able to lend a hand with anything. How are you settling in?"

Professor Kaelen raised her wand, and behind her two mugs flew out of the cupboard, and the kettle began to warm up. "Certainly" She added, as pleased as ever to be able to host someone in her office. Come to think of it, it wasn't so much of an office as a lounge. There was a large round varnished oak table in the centre resting on a dark blue well worn rug that Libby had retrieved from her old house in France. Below the large high windows accomodated a well furnished and comfortable seating area, perfect for anyone who stopped for a chat, or to simply enjoy a good book under natural lighting. The east side of Liberty's lounge lay the basic resemblance of a kitchen, or at least the correct appliances for tea making and simple snack compilations. The west side was dedicated to a more private area, which was sectioned off with the use of thick blue velvet curtain. Perfect for naps, as they say.

Liberty of course didn't know Professor Pendleton too well, and they'd only briefly met once before lessons started, during the Professor's meeting. He had looked awfully nervous during that time, but she had no intention of telling him so. She was a little surprised he had come to visit, but appreciated it all the same. "Well, you're very kind Professor. Montgomery, isn't it?" She asked, unsure of how best to address him going forward. "I suppose my main concern right now," she paused for a moment, aware of how cliche her next words were going to be, "How do you get the students to like you and your lessons?" She asked. It had been on her mind a lot recently. She didn't want to be a boring teacher, she'd enduring plently of those throughout her own education.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back