Vagabondage

Kat jumped when she heard Lily from behind her. "Sheesh you scared me!" she said laughing. "And there's no bloody way I'd go in there without a reason. I heard voices. I guess I figured I'd better go and tell them it's off limits, but since you're here you can go with me." Kat looked at the forest, it honestly creeped her out, but she would do what she had to if it meant keeping others safe.

"Oh great. Just what I want to do," Lily replied with a chuckle. "I guess it is light out, I can go in there with you. I don't like to go in without a reason." She linked arms with Kat, and then spoke quickly. "Let's go before I change my mind."

Kat laughed at Lily. It seemed that her friend hated the idea of going into the forest as she did. She linked her arm tightly with Lily's and withdrew her wand with her free hand. "Let's do it!" she said as they made there way slowly to the forest, the voices becoming more defined as they went along.

Yvan listened to Aiden speak of his family and felt a tinge of pity for him. He was about to express this when Angelica yelled at him. Startled, Yvan raised an eyebrow in confusion and said, "Okay... Sorry I asked." He offered a smile though, to show that he wasn't being mean about it. Girls are weird, he thought to himself.

"You're right. I just came out here to be alone, but seeing as that is unlikely, we should be off before it gets too dark. Aiden are you coming?" he asked with a smile.

"Why would this matter to you?" Aiden asked with an eyebrow raised and then turned to Yvan and said, "Nah I think I am going to check it out, good luck with the professors and prefects." Aiden assumed that either the professors or the prefects would be on their routes now and probably heard the girls shrill scream.

"Prefects? Where?" he asked Aiden, glancing around the forest for sign of others. "Nox," he muttered under his breath, the light of his wand extinguishing. "Will we get into trouble? I thought you said this place wasn't forbidden?" he whispered to Aiden. "Turn off your wand light Angelica. I don't want to get into trouble!"

"They will give you a warning just because you are foriegn don't worry, and I just have to make sure they aren't Professors, I happen to know a few prefects, and with girly screaming doesn't really help me out much does it?" Aiden said with a glare to the girl.

As they got closer to the forest Kat heard someone rummaging around. She and Lily stepped over the boundaries and then she saw a light being extinguished. "Lil's there is someone moving around just ahead." she said in a hushed, barely audible tone. "Lumos!" Kat uttered and a light burst from the tip of her wand.

Lily was a bit nervous, but walked forward, holding her wand in her left hand. "Lumos" she whispered. "I hear them, Kat. Who is dumb enough to be in here? And to be screaming along with it." She looked around, moving her wand to examine the darker portions of the path ahead of them. "There. I see them," she pointed as they moved around the corner. "Exactly what do you three think you are doing in here? This forest is off limits." Her voice was stern, not her normal bubbly self.

Aiden put his wand up as he heard the Prefects voices and then he saw Kat and said, "Hello Katalina." Aiden smiled at her and then said to the other girl, "Sorry, I thought the name was just for show."

"Aiden...what in the bloody name of Merlin are you doing in here?" Kat asked, clearly irritated as the dumb stunt pulled by her housemate. "And as for you two...I can see that you're not from here, so you probably don't know the rules. I'm quite frankly a little disappointed that my fellow Gryffindor here wasn't polite enough to fill you in." she said in a very snippy tone of voice.

"I told you I thought the name was for show, clearly I was not filled in on the rules myself, and as a first year and a fellow Gryffindor I think you should give me a warning," Aiden said bluntly.

Professor King had been patrolling a section of the forest close to the lake and contemplating the week that had just past and now, well after curfew, he was prepared to return to the castle. As he was beginning to head out of the forest he heard some rustling and voices and doused his wand, listening to the people speaking instead of just coming out toward them.
He frowned slightly at Aiden's words, he knew full well what the rules were, especially being in Gryffindor. Nicolas stood still, hidden in shadows, instead of coming out into where the group stood, interested to see Ms. Vanderhol's response to Mr. Lorka's request, wanting to see if she was indeed the prefect she should be.

This was seriously not the week to test Katalina's patience. Her nostrils flared at the disrespect she was being shown and her eyes narrowed in on the first year. Little snot...he knows full and well what the rules are she thought as she glared at him. Taking a few deep breaths to calm herself, she said as calmly as she could muster, "Aiden I do believe that you are well aware of the rules, as are all the students that attend this school. I'm sorry if you feel you were misinformed, but you received the rules just like the rest of us. And to be perfectly honest I really don't appreciate the tone you're taking with me."

Aiden rolled his eyes waiting for how many detentions he would be getting. "Sorry Kat, may I ask what my punishment will be?" Aiden asked curiously.

"Well, first you'll offer Ms. Vanderhol a real apology." Nicolas stated firmly as he relit his wand and took a few steps toward the small group of gathered students whom he surveyed a moment before returning his eyes to Aiden. "Then, you'll be meeting me in my office tomorrow and I'm sure Ms. Vanderhol will be accompanying you." Nicolas stated, giving Katalina a sidelong glance; she shouldn't be out of the castle quite as late as she was either and she knew it as much as she knew Aiden shouldn't have been.

Aiden heard Professor's voice and he frowned at how much this was escalating. "Yes Professor King," Aiden said monotonously. Then he looked up at Kat and said as sincerly as he could though there was a bit of edge in his voice, "I'm sorry Kat." Aiden felt himself become more annoyed as he said that Kat would be joining him in his detention.

"Apology accepted." Kat said rather reluctantly, but she had bigger fish to fry. She was going to be serving detention and that upset her, but she herself had broken the rules and she was ready to accept her fate. "Yes sir Professor King." Kat said quietly.

Nicolas nodded solemnly to the two students who represented his house then turned to the rest of the congregate, "Ms. Potter, you will be reporting to your own Head of House for punishment." The other two people present he didn't know by name, he was aware that they had arrived from Durmstrang and therefore weren't in any of his classes and he also knew neither were Durmstrang's champion. "As for you two, I'll likely talk to your Headmistress to see what we can arrange for you." Nicolas concluded, glancing a little bit past the group of people to ensure nothing else was moving in the forest and there were no other people present. "Now, if you're all done your little explorations for the evening start walking back to the castle." He demanded of them, glancing back to the two Durmstrang students, "You can walk back to your ship once we're on the lawn and I can keep an eye on you."

Kat gave Lily an apologetic look, feeling horribly that her friend was also going to be in trouble. "Sorry," she muttered quietly. With that Kat followed Professor King, along with the rest of the students back up to the castle. She'd never been in trouble before and hated that she was ending off her first term as prefect this way.

Lily hadn't really been thinking of the fact that she was breaking rules when she was out of the castle after dark. She just paid attention to the fact that she was upholding her status as a prefect and was trying to uphold the rules of the school. As Professor King informed her to visit Professor Ana for her punishment, she realized that she was in trouble. She bowed her head, and spoke softly. "I am sorry Professor. I will report to Professor Ana right away." She turned and headed out of the forest with everyone else.

[[sorry again for the late reply, ok if i skip!]]

"I hate punishment, what will my parents would say to me...Argh...i wish i didn't check on you Yvan. i'm going to get a howler for sure." Angelica said giving daggers to Yvan and aiden.

And with that She walked back to the lawn and into the Ship, muttering to herself about howler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back