Vagabondage

Yvan Petrov

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Yvan trudged out of the Durmstrang boat and past the lakefront, the lawn and over to the thicket of snow covered trees that outlined the beginning of the Forbidden Forest. It's name had drawn him here. Forbidden cast a sense of eerie adventure, and Yvan decided what best time to visit it than in the dead of night. Pulling out his wand from under his robes, he muttered 'lumos' under his breath before he continued on into the mysterious forest.
"Who's there?" he called, as a dark figure shifted a little in the shadows before him. Beating back the fleeting sensation of making a run for it, Yvan stopped walking and stood his ground. "Show yourself!"

Angelica was at the duck board of the boat and was looking at the castle to the forbidden forest when she saw Yvan walked into the forest by himself, angelica got curious and followed Yvan to the forest. angie withdraw her wand from her robe and cast 'lumos' silently and walked towards the forest.

((Anybody else want to post being the random dark shadow lurking in the forest? I can't exactly post again IC unless Yvan's "Who's there?" gets answered. :p ))

[I'll join, if thats okay...?]

Aiden was walking in the forest and he got deeper and deeper, then he heard someone call out, "Who's there?" Aiden shifted a little so he could step away from a Bubotuber. Yhen the person shouted, "Show yourself!" So Aiden took his wand out nervously and muttered, "Lumos." And The light from his wand showed his face so the person could see him, Aiden walked toward the voice carefully and quietly.

Yvan relaxed when he recognised the stranger in the woods to be a first year he had seen around the castle. This kid though was easy for him to recognise because he reminded Yvan of his younger brother, who was a look-a-like of himself. "Are you trying to give people heart attacks?" he called, when the wand light of a third wand drew his attention. Turning around he spotted Angelica and smiled gingerly. "Out on a vagabondage too then?" He had not talked much to Angelica since they'd arrived at Hogwarts, but he was at least pleased to see someone he knew well. "You should be careful. I hope you were just following me and not planning to sneak off into the forest alone." He voiced his concern, lowering his wand tip from his face.

"Sorry, I didn't see anyone," Aiden mummbled then he saw an older girl the two seemed to know each other but he had never seen them before and as he got in full view of both the boy and the girl he saw that the boy looked a lot like himself. Then the girl addressed him and he said a little coldly, "The name is just for show," Aiden was obviuosly referring to the Forbidden Foresr and then he continued with what he was saying, "...and 'this guy' is Aiden Lorka, who are you?"

"Really? I thought the Forbidden Forest was really forbidden," he said in defense of Angelica. The boy who introduced himself as Aiden seemed a little rude, Yvan noted. "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you Aiden. I am Yvan Petrov of Durmstrang."

"No they only do that to scare the first years, same with the lake, apparently there is supposed to be a giant man eating squid in there," Aiden said nicer to Yvan and said, "I am obviously from HNZ and I am a first year, Gryffindor."

"Then I shall take your word for it as you are from Hogwarts New Zealand," Yvan said with a polite smile. "First year of Gryffindor? You know, I've never really known the differences between the four distinguished houses Hogwarts has."

"Ah well I will quickly some it up for you, Puffs are known as the nice and ignorant ones, Gryffindors are brave but relatively stupid, Ravenclaws are intelligent but are complete jerks and Slytherins are pureblooded people that turn out to be Death Eaters," Aiden shrugged at this he knew that this made the house he aimed for sound aweful but he didn't care, he still wanted to be in Slytherin.

"Wow. That's a rather... blunt summation of the four houses." Yvan laughed though, as it was a little humorous to him. "I must say though, that I think I would be... a mixture of the first three you mentioned. Except I'm not extremely intelligent, nice or brave."

"Yeah thats when the Sorting Hat gets it all wrong as he appeared to with me, believe it or not, I wanted to be in Slytherin," Aiden said lightheartedly and shrugged a bit. "So are there houses at Durmstrang?" Aiden asked curiously.

"Really?" Yvan asked, curious at to whether Aiden wanted to dabble in the Dark Arts as Death Eaters do, since he mentioned that Slytherins turned out so. But he did not ask, as it seemed rude of him to. "But no, we do not. And I find it easier that way I suppose."

"Yes, all of my mom's family were in Slytherin, trust me there is more to that house than what I said but that is its stereotype and I figured it would be easiest to explain the houses," Aiden said honestly.

"Wow, and I suppose you broke the tradition? Well, perhaps in time you will understand this... Sorting Hat's decision. Are you pureblooded?" he asked out of curiosity again.

"Yes, it is better than getting into Ravenclaw like my father though, I am not a fan of the people that are in and were in that house," Aiden said maybe too honestly and said, "No I am mixed," Aiden didn't like the fact that he wasn't pure but there was nothing he could do about it, the only side of his family that he really did like was his mothers but seeing as she is dead it didn't matter much.

"I have a friend who I know would be suited well in Ravenclaw, although she is not a jerk," Yvan thought aloud. The house system was intriguing to him. "I am mixed also. My mother comes from an old pureblooded wizarding line, although she was disinherited from her family for marrying my father. He's a halfblood."

Aiden decided not to comment on Yvan's thought because he didn't want to insult him or his friend. "My father is a mixed blood so my mother's family didn't disown her they just didn't let him anywhere near them and because my sister and I were born in his blood line we are also shunned," Aiden said with a small shrug not caring all that much.

[Well I must retire for the night, it is almost morning and I have school, good night/morning etc...]

[[sorry for the late reply]]

"I'm angelica toralba..." Angelica said crossing her arms, a little rude won't hurt me a little she thought to herself. "I was just concern, Yvan!" she said almost shouting. then she heard the boy named aiden said about the Forest being full of creatures but its not true and the giant squib at the lake, Angelica slowly hug herself.

[No worries :D]

Aiden rolled his eyes then when the girl screamed Aiden plugged his ears in jest, he really didn't like this girl and he knew her for about 5 minutes.

Katalina was taking a walk outside, loving the fact that exams were over and she'd done exceptionally well on them all. It was nice and cold out and for the first time it didn't bother her. As she walked across the school grounds she let the breeze blow through her hair. For a brief second she heard voices, coming from the direction of the Forbidden Forest and thought she saw shadows moving about. Ugh, great, guess I'm going to have to go talk to them and tell them that's against the rules.

Lily had been walking back from the gardens when she saw Kat stop near the forest. "Hey you. You are not thinking of going in there are you? You know its off limits. I may have to pull my prefect status on you if you do!" she spoke, a laugh in her voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back