Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
When Sophie had thought of her costume for Halloween, she had thought it would be funny to go as a bride, with the joke being that getting married young was pretty terrifying. But dressing up in the white dress had actually been sort of fun. She definitely appreciated it more than the princess dress she had worn a few years ago. Maybe because it was a bit nicer, or maybe she had outgrown her hate for anything girly just a little. She was barefoot under the dress, as in her mind she had made up a little story about the bride running away from the altar, and it seemed more dramatic to do so without shoes. Also, she hadn't felt like wearing heels. The result was that she was even more short than usual, but at least that helped her blend in. She navigated through the great hall, holding her dress so she wouldn't trip over it. She kept an eye out for anything interesting happening around her, as Hogwarts Monthly always covered the Halloween celebrations. She headed over to the snack table. She had no real interest in participating in any of the games, but it was fun to simply observe. She spotted Gabriel on the other end of the hall and thought it was pretty unfair he looked good even with that ridiculous mustache. She looked away after a while, not wanting him to see her looking. Sophie grabbed a cauldron cake and took a bite as she watched other students having fun at the party.

The search for her vegan sustenance abandoned and noting that Elsie was having her own fun, Rowan headed down to the other end of the food table. She spotted a girl in a wedding dress, she looked a bit bored, and Rowan decided now was a good time to interrupt her! “Hello! I’m Rowan, you’re the head girl right?” She asked vaguely recognising her from the announcements. Mind, she barely paid attention to any of that stuff anyway. “Is that hard? Being head girl? Do you have like lots of jobs you need to do and stuff?” She had always been curious and since this was the head girl, probably, why not ask directly? “Do you like being a seventh year? It seems like such a long time away, I can’t imagine that far ahead, I’m barely passing as is! Did you need to be a good student?”
hope you don’t mind!!

The longer Sophie stood here without talking to anyone, the more ridiculous she felt in her dress. She should have just gone for a muggle witch or something else boring, though she at least had control over what the school news paper would print about her outfit. Even if she couldn't explain her logic about it to anyone in person, she could spread the information that way, before anyone thought she just liked wearing a wedding dress. She was finishing up her cauldron cake when a younger girl came up to her. For a moment, Sophie was bewildered. She didn't know this girl, why was she talking to her? But oh, right. She was head girl, and that meant anyone thought they could just demand her time. She guessed they were right, too, which made it even more annoying. "It's not that difficult. But maybe you should ask me again after I have to give a speech at graduation, then I might feel differently." She said dryly. "It's mostly just prefect stuff, doing patrols. Running the paper is more work." For some reason, she still wanted to be known more as the Hogwarts Monthly editor than as the head girl to the other students.

She hoped answering the girl's questions would make her go away, but instead it just made her ask more questions. How did teachers deal with this? "Need to be a good student for what? To get in seventh year? Doubt it, some pretty crap students made it too." She said honestly. "But if you want to actually make something of yourself, I wouldn't recommend following that example." Sophie was trying to be sarcastic about some of her classmates, but realized she had actually given fairy solid advice while doing it. Had she really just told a kid to do their homework and study hard? Merlin, she needed to spend less time with Kauri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back