Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gwen) (Bi
Open after Marjike posts with Chloë

René ran a hand down his suit jacket for possibly the third time, trying to convince himself he didn't look ridiculous in it. He hadn't had Sully or Caleb's brother around to help them get ready this year and René had decided to straight up forego the tie to make things easier on himself. He still couldn't shake the feeling he wouldn't look cool enough, especially compared to Gwen. Asking her to the ball had been nervewracking, but it had nothing on what he was feeling now waiting to meet up with her. Would he look ridiculous next to her? Was this even actually a proper date or was he going to regret trying to dress up nice. He supposed it was too late to tell now and René tried to focus instead on looking as calm as possible and trying to have a good night.

Gwen felt like she was floating, she was so excited. She practically skipped over to the Great Hall, a bright smile on her face. She had a date, a real date. She hoped everyone in her year saw her together with René and felt jealous. She hoped he would like her dress. She smiled at the sight of René standing in the Great Hall, at the spot they agreed to meet. Gwen made her way over to him and did a twirl in front of him, showing off her blue dress. She giggled as she came to a stop. "Hi! You look wonderful." She told him.

René let out a relieved breath when Gwen complimented him, glad she at least seemed to think he was pulling the whole formal look off. And of course Gwen looked amazing, her dress swinging around her as she twirled in front of him, making René's face heat up. "You uh, you look great too," he said, glad that his voice came out somewhat normally. He knew it was pretty normal to compliment your date (was he allowed to call this a date?), but he hoped Gwen knew he was being serious, she did look great. It was crazy how different people could look out of their school robes. "Do you wanna do anything specific first? Maybe uh. Dance or something?" He offered, scanning the hall.

After discussing dancing with her friend Chloë had decided to look around the hall for René, keen to tease him a bit with the cardboard cutout of his brother. She tried her best to carry it through the crowd without bumping into anyone with it. The side that showed Sully's face was turned towards her so that René wouldn't immediately see what she had with her. At least that way she could attempt to pull it off without him asking questions as soon as she arrived.

"René!" Chloë waved when she spotted the boy, making her way over as quickly as her heels could take her. "Look at you all handsome." She grinned, almost wondering if he wasn't wearing any kind of tie or bowtie because he didn't have Sully to fix it for him. "Could you just hold onto this for me for a minute?" She asked, trying to stiffle a laugh. "I want to go dance, which I obviously can't do while carrying this around, and since he's your brother I figure you're like.. partly responsible for it too. Somehow." Chloë said as she gently pushed the cutout into his hands, feeling like she had to get away quickly if she was going to try and do this without laughing. She then turned to face the girl he had been talking to. "Hi! I'm Chloë. Sorry to interrupt. Love your dress, by the way, you look really cute!" She smiled at her before quickly weaving her way through the crowd of students towards the dancefloor.

Gwen beamed at René, happy with his compliment. She just knew tonight was going to be amazing, like something from a fairy tale or a movie. She nodded at his suggestion. "Dancing would be nice." She said, still trying not to sound too excited. She was ready to head to the dance floor with her date when she was startled by someone calling René's name. She looked up and was surprised to see the Head Girl heading over to René. How did she even know him? She didn't even notice the weird cutout until Chloë was pushing it into René's hands. She blinked, wondering what was going on. Then, the head girl was addressing her. Gwen stammered for a moment. "Uh, um. Thanks." She managed, staring. Then she watched the older girl leave, her gaze slowly moving to René. "What is that?" She managed.

René was relieved Gwen was up for dancing, even if it meant he had to well, dance. He figured he wasn't the worst dancer but compared to someone dainty and graceful like her he'd probably look ridiculous. He didn't have much more time to fret about it however, flinching when someone called out his name. "Oh, uh, hey. Hi Chloë, thanks, you too," he said, perking up and glancing between Gwen and Chloë as she headed over. René liked Chloë a lot, she was funny and cool and pretty and he secretly hoped maybe her talking to him would make Gwen think he was even cooler, seeing as she was the head girl and all.

That train of thought came grinding to a halt when Chloë shoved the large cardboard thing she'd been holding into his hands, causing René to fumbling with it as he tried to rotate it around to look at it without dropping it. "I-uh-What- Oh," he said, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath when he came to face to face with his brother's smiling, cardboard face. "I don't think-" He started but Chloë had already moved away, leaving René standing there awkwardly, glancing between Gwen and the cutout. "It's um. It's my brother?" He offered weakly. Sully's cutout winked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back