Under the tree

Bruin's head was partially submerged as he floated on his back and stared blankly at the sky, the water muffling the sounds around him...Ahhhhhhh, how peaceful, he thought to himself. He was just about to sit up and tell the girls how great the water was when he caught Dru's frantic screaming. With Ninja-like reflexes Bruin rolled to the side allowing her to splash into the lake in the precise spot that he had just vacated.

Bruin felt one of her arms flail against his chest as she attempted to come up for air. He decided to grab her arm and gently helped her to gain her feet. They stood face to face with only a few inches of cool water seperating them.

Bruin looked down at Dru, their eyes met for a moment, he smiled and said... "Glad you could join me..." and then promptly pushed Dru backwards into the water.

Thank god he finally realized he was doomed to pain if he was going to stay in that spot. Right before she would have hit him he moved out of the way like lightening. She grasped for something because she couldn't breathe and smacked something hard, then she was pulled up above the water.

"Thanks," she smiled at Bruin, she had never realized how tall he was until now. Soon as she was above water she was now below it. Dru was an excellent swimmer and milliseconds before she realized Bruin was about to push her in she formed a plan, a little joke if you will. After she was submerged she swam out a little and grasped a weed on the floor of the lake and held on, 20 seconds should do the trick, she thought.

After that was up she slowly rose to the surface, careful not to make bubbles, she took in a quiet breath and swam under again, but this time towards a turned around Bruin.

She shot up behind him, kicked the back of his knees a little so he would fall and she pushed down on his huge shoulders so that he was all the way under. She was glad to have repaid him.

Bruin watched as Dru disappeared from sight and began to get nervous when she didn't resurface. He was sure that she hadn't bumped her head when he pushed her, but... maybe when she was tumbling down the hill she got hurt he thought...he began to panic a little and search for her...

Suddenly, without warning, he felt himself falling backwards and was relieved to know that Dru was okay...he fought back to the surface and laughed..exhausted from the day's events.

"Miss me?" she asked him with a polite little smirk across her face. and she shoved him just a little, "I had to get you back, you realize, truce?" she held out her hand for a small shake.

"Truce...", he replied and shook her hand gently, but held it for a little longer than a normal handshake.

She stared at him for a moment and giggled, he held on a little long. "Can i get that back? i'm gonna need it for some stuff later." She laughed, she had many different laughs, many of them were strange, but most of them were loud. This one was more of a breathy one, if that's even a word.

"Oh yeah, sorry", Bruin said snapping back to reality...

Estrella stumbled to the lake, sticking her toes in the lake just to wet her feet, afraid to swim as she was not feeling okay today. She did wonder if she had been hexed; she would have to look through books and see if any hexes or curses related to her symptoms. As she was lost in thought, she put her face in her hands, zoning out dreamily.

She squealed in both laughter in fright as both Bru and Dru pulled her into the lake by her ankles, robes and all. She just managed to catch her wand as it slipped out of her robes, and she placed it under the tree, near the shore. "You guys are horrible!" Estrella shrieked, although unable to conceal her laughter.

"If you think that was horrible...then stick around...", Bruin said with a grin..."I'll give you a whole new definition of the word...oh, and thanks for joining us by the way!", he added, feeling that she had stayed away far too long...

"I hope for your sakes that there's a charm to dry robes quickly!" Estrella threatened playfully. "Although, Scourgify might work.."

"I'm sure we can find something in the library," Drueyna laughed, "yeah, waht were you doing up there? watching the birds? it's more fun down here, just take off your robes, it makes it easier, you should've changed clothes before you decided to come down, we were gonna pull you in the lake and you should ahve been prepared for it." Dru splashed Estrella then Bruin and soon they were all in a water fight. "TO THE DEATH" Dru screamed as she pushed water in every possible direction, she couldn't see, mostly because her eyes were shut so she didn't get water in them.

"Hahaha," Estrella laughed nervously, hoping that she wouldn't get dunked.

(OOC: you did pull me in! :D read my earlier post)

(OOC: yeah, lol, i got that, i just meant that we were planning it beforehand)

"So....."

"So.." Estrella smiled wickedly. "I GOT YOU!" She jumped on Dru, after having taking her robes off and revealing jeans and an undershirt, submerging her under the water.

"AAAAHHH", Dru gurgled on her way down to the lake floor, she had to give Estrella props, she really caught her off guard. They wrestled in the water and after a little while Dru realized that Bruin was missing all the fun, so she jumped out of the water and pulled him under by his waist when he wasn't looking.

"Haha," Estrella giggled, spitting a stream of water out of her mouth. "Didn't expect that, now didya, Bruin?"

Bruin looked at the two girls.... "You two are insane...totally insane...", and he added, "...and lots of fun!!!" And with that he swung both arms forward, spraying a wall of water at the two girls, turned and started to swim towards the middle of lake, hoping to find deeper water and a little relief from all of the splashing.

Estrella dropped her jaw in mock surprise. "I think he's trying to escape," she gasped. She grinned evilly. "THIS MEANS WAR!"

"To war and victory!" Drueyna's battlecry echoed across the water as she dove under towards Bruin. The girls swam with great haste towards the spot Bruin was headed, what happened next no one expected...

SPLASH! A long slimy tentacle shot out of the water 100 feet in the air! All of them knew what it was, the squid who lived at the bottom of the lake! For a moment they paused, awestruck at what was before their eyes as the huge monster emerged out of the deep. Drueyna wasn't surprised if they had all soiled themselves.

In a flash they all began swimming towards the shore, arms and legs working so quickly they already felt numb beneath the cool water after only a few moments of swimming. They were almost there, except for Bruin, he was a little farther out than the girls were so he had a longer trip. Dru and Estrella searched the water as they climbed upon the shore, and to their great distress Bruin was nowhere to be found. "Oh my god!" Drueyna screamed out at the water, angry that they had not taken into account the great beast before their little outing.

They had to be quick, the first obvious choice was accio to raise Bruin out of the water, but if that didn't work they'd have to use Impedimenta to slow the beast, and if that didn't work.....well neither of them wanted to do it...but deletrius would be the only way to stop it.

All of a sudden Estrella spotted Bruin's head floating just off shore, they two girls ran to him in hopes that he was not dead. They arrived at him and took into rapid realization that he was not breathing. The two carried him ashore onto the sand. Practically crying Drueyna snatched her wand from the rock she had placed it on and knelt beside Bruin, "We'll have to revive him," she whimpered in tears, she was getting ready to speak the incantation for the revival spell "enervate" when Bruin spit out a mouthful of water and laughed in their faces. Drueyna was so angry she broke out in streams of tears and painful laughter, she had almost seen Bruin die, and then he came back to life, that would do hell to anyone's emotions...
<i></i>

Bruin looked up at the girls "Can I get a little mouth-to-mouth resuscitation here??? I'm still feeling a little short of breath..."

(((OOC: Let's remember you're stil officially first years for two weeks, this means spells like Impedimenta, deletrius and maybe even ennervate are a bit out of reach, although great rp :) )))

(((OOC...I hear yah loud and clear Professor...I keep trying to encourage these girls to use more conventional means to revive me, but it just doesn't seem to be working ;) )))

Bruin Dumbledez said:
(((OOC...I hear yah loud and clear Professor...I keep trying to encourage these girls to use more conventional means to revive me, but it just doesn't seem to be working ;) )))
(((OOC: roflol desperate are we? :p )))

"Are you dying?" Drueyna stared at him sarcastically, "because if you're dying i'll do it, otherwise you'll have to resort to other means to get me to kiss you."

"Aren't we all dying, really? Think about it, we are all on a path that ultimately leads to our death...therefore, yes, I am dying...so pucker up, buttercup!!!" Bruin said with a laugh, unsure of whether Dru would follow through on her promise!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back