Old School Week Turn the Whole Thing Upside Down

Hmmm, i’d say maybe a couple of hours.” Most people didn’t take the time to stop and smell the flowers as they’d say. Or in this case, most people wouldn’t look up to see if there were two girls sitting on a tree. It became darker as the sun slowly set, signaling the afternoon’s end. “D’you think it’s about time to get down?”

Though Harper liked being on top of the world, she knew Lillith was probably right. Besides, dinner would start soon, and all the climbing had left her hungry. "I guess so," Harper said with a sigh. She gave the sunset one last glance before starting to descend into the dark tangle of branches. "We probably should've headed down earlier." Under the leaves, it was a bit harder to see.

Lillith started to go down a branch after another. “You’re right, I can barely see my feet.” It was much harder going down than up the tree, especially now that it was darker. “Aaaah! Oof.” Lillith’s foot had missed a branch, and lost hold of her grip on the branch above her. She was on the ground, thankfully she was not too high up the tree when she fell.

Harper continued her descent, trying to choose her handholds and footholds wisely. On the way down, she grabbed her book and clutched it as she jumped to the ground from the lowest branch. No sooner had she landed did she hear Lillith. Harper winced and hurried to her side. "You okay?"

Lillith rubbed her side as Harper came to her. “I think I’m fine.” She moved her legs and feet to see if they were hurt badly. “Yup. I’m good.” She gave a light hearted laugh. “This is probably why people stopped me from climbing trees.” Though, having fallen, Lillith probably would still climb, recklessly.

Harper laughed at Lillith's quip. "Well you did fine for the most part. Sometimes I think falling's part of the experience." Harper had fallen out of her fair share of trees, especially when she had first started climbing them. She extended a hand in case Lillith needed help getting up. "Here."

”Thanks.” She said, not only thanking her for the hand but also for her comment. Lillith grabbed Harper’s hand, bringing herself up. She brushed some of the dirt, grass and leaves that stuck to her, she was too hungry to properly clean up before eating. “Let’s head on in!”

Harper pulled Lillith up and nodded at her suggestion. "Yes! I'm starving, and I don't want to miss dinner." Harper couldn't think of a single time the food at Hogwarts had been bad, and it'd be a shame to miss a meal. She tucked her book under her arm and started to walk towards the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back