Training up the Cubs

Mike Gray

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Mike stood at the Quidditch pitch, the sun gleaming in his eyes, Mike had put a notice up on the notice board, advertising the practice. Mike had his streak in one hand, and the trunk in his ther hand. Bruin would have originally been oversseing the practice, but had unfortunately been struck with the flu, and so he approached Mike, and asked him to oversee it for him. Mike accepted and so here he was.Alls he needed know was the cubs.

Annamarie eagerly raced down to the pitch after seeing the notice on the bulletin board. She had had a good time flying with the older kids and her classmates during the try-outs and ready to fly with them again. When she arrived to the pitch she smiled and waved at Mike. "Hey!" she said happily.

Steph had ony just seen the notice for the practise, so she had ran to her dorm, grabbed her firebolt, and ran to the pitch. She got and noticed she wasnt late, smiling she caught her breath and walked over to Mike and Annamarie.
'Hey guys.' She smiled.

Aiden walked out of the castle quickly when he saw the notice for a first year practise. When Aiden got on the grounds he mounted his broom and quickly flew over to the small group of students. "Hey Mike, Annamarie and Steph?" Aiden gave her a small confused look on why her hair was purple.

Kiera snuck onto the pitch. She had missed the last first year practice and she was anxious to see how the cubs were shaping up. She hid behind the stands in an attempt to sneak a look at the newbies.

Hollie legged it down to the quidditch pitch. She had only just read the notice, and was worried for being late. However, when she arrived down there, she realised she wasn't.
"Hey guys!" she said, smiling, slipping into place beside Laura and Annamarie. "Hey Steph, particular reason why your hair's purple?" she said, smiling.

"Hey guys" Mike said beaming, at everyones punctuality. After everyone had arrived, Mike started to speak. "Right listen up, first of all I want you to do a couple of laps of the pitch, and then fly back to me, then we will do what we did last practice.|Bruin would have been doing this, but hes got the flu, so Im here now. so mout your brooms and do a few laps.

[How many is a few? 2 or 3...?]

Aiden nodded and mounted his broom then kicked off and when he was hovering he said to no one in particular, "I'll race you...." Aiden waited for a response while hovering.

Steph smiled at Hollie, 'Fancied a change really.' She listened to Mike and nodded, mounting her firebolt. She kicked off, and hovered about 6 feet up in the air, waiting for the others.

((3))

Mike waited for everyone one to mount there broom, before telling them to go, he was currently deciding what to do after the laps.

Mike looked around to see Kiera, lurking. "Hey Keira, wanna come and help me train these lot up?" Mike asked.

Kiera made a face as her hiding spot was found. "And here I was thinking I was being sneaky." she muttered. "I dont want to interfere but I dont mind helping if you want. I just wanted to check out our cubs." she said with a smile.

"Not at all" Mike said smiling. " What I was thinkinh was asking them to make a note about what position they prefer to play, then depending on what positions they prefer, if some are interested in keeper and chaser, then we could do what do what we did last practice, and you help them score on the keeper, and I will gets some beater bats, and tennis balls, and help the beaters try and aim at the chasers?" Mike asked hoping she understood.

"Right, after they have all warmed up, I will ask them to write down what position they prefer, I will take the beaters, and we can hit tennis balls at the wannabe chasers, whilst you help the chasers, pass between themselves, and try to score, I will, if no one wants to be keeper, be keeper" Mike said.

Hollie smiled at Steph. "Cool," she said, "I guess that's fair enough!"
On Mike's instructions Hollie mounted her broom and kicked off into the air, hovering, waiting for someone to join her. When nobody did, she leant forwards and soared through the air, around the pitch. It was exhilarating. Hollie adored flying, and was so glad to have this opportunity to practise, especially now flying lessons had finished.

When Mike gave the green light Aiden flew quickly over to Hollie who wasa little ahead of him and he flew beside her and said, "Hey Hollie, how was your winter vacations?"

Annamarie waved at all of her fellow classmates as the came down to the pitch. She listened carefully to Mike's instructions and was ready to begin, but she still didn't have a broom. I really need to buy one when I get to Brightstone...or maybe Nanny will pick one up for me. she thought to herself as looked through the broom closet for an adequte broom. She found a Nimbus 2001 that was in pretty good shape and quickly mounted it and took off, joinning the others.

Hilary had seen the notice on the noticeboard and had talked to mike about helping the cubs out. She skipped down to the pitch and saw that they were still warming up. "Hey guys" she called out to Kiera and Mike when she saw them together still on the ground. "How do you think the cubs are shaping up this year?"

When Aiden didn't hear her response her flew faster giving her a small smile and flew as fast as he could. When he did his three laps he flew over to Mike and two other girls, one he recognized as a Champion. "Hey Mike, Hilary and ermm..I'm sorry I didn't catch your name," Aiden said politely.

Steph watched the others fly down the pitch, she adjusted her position, and zoomed out towards them, her purple hair flying out behind her. Steph went in line with the others, but she didnt speak, she was concentrating on her flying.

((sorry its a bit short, im late for school :doh: ))

Hollie heard Aiden's question and thought about an answer. But before she could reply, he grinned at her and took off across the field! She watched him fly off incrediously, really annoyed. What a rude kid! He asked me a question, but then didn't even answer.
After Hollie had got over her indignance, she leant forwards and accelerated, the wind rushing past her. She nearly caught him up, but he'd had too much of a headstart for her to actually catch him. Finally she completed the three laps she'd been asked to do, and flew gently back down to the ground. It had been a good warm up.

Once on the ground, Hollie turned indignantly to Aiden.
"What the heck was that about, then?" she asked, looking straight at him. "You asked me a question, and didn't answer. And my holidays were fine thanks. Really great. What about yours?" She waited for him to reply, and turned to the others.
"hey guys," she said, happily. "Are you helping with training, or just watching?" she had heard that Hilary especially was a great flyer, being seeker and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back