Time to depart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
The time has come for me to say goodbye to the site. It is not a decision that I have taken lightly, but it is definitely the right thing to do for my family at this time. They are and always will be my number one priority and as yet another school year approaches, my time with them is more valuable than ever. I know that you all appreciate this, but it needed to be said anyways.

I have taken a great deal of enjoyment from the site over the past two years, have seen it grow and evolve into something amazing thanks to the efforts of all of the members, and am proud of some of my contributions to that growth. I have spent a fair bit of time trying to figure out just what words I should use for this final post, thinking about what should or needs to be said, but in a departure from my usual style, I will simply keep things short.

I will miss the creative challenges, the humour, the sarcasm, the excitement, the sense of community, and the friendships. I wish you all the very best in the future and want to say a special thank you to the admin who make everything possible. It has been an honour and privilege to to get to know you all.

Paul aka Bruin, Groundskeeper Willie, Hudson Bay, and yes, Professor Manteia.

Paul,

I think I already said a lot in my PM, but I wanted to say a few things here as well. Thank you, for so many things. You're one of the originals and if it weren't for dedicated members and friends like you, then HNZ would definitely not be where it is today.

It has, and always will, amaze me how you managed to get so many things done, even when only being logged in for a short period of time. Thank you for the threads we all still lurk today.

You are going to be missed and I hope like hell you'll pop in every now and again on spam to let us know how you are. Good luck in everything that you do.

Thank you and God Bless,

~Liv

Paul,

First off NOOOOOO!!! This is not allowed!! :p You are making me cry. Seriously. Bruin was one of the first characters I got to know on the site and has always been the 'Big Brother' that Lily has looked up to forever.

I do understand wanting to spend more time with your family. Just from what you post OOC, you give me the impression of an amazing father and husband and your family is extremely lucky to have you. Enjoy your time with them. :D

Don't forget about us here! Pop in and post OOC every so often! We are going to miss you!!!!!

Julie

Myself not being the best with words, I'll go with this. It was awesome having you on the site, you contributed a whole hell of a lot, and without you this place would be different in many ways.

I don't have photoshop on this computer, so I'll go with this.
From the founding three of the brotherhoood:
2a9pkis.jpg

Wow, Paul, this is sad news! :sad:

Hudson Bay, Professor Manteia, Groundskeeper Willie, and Bruin Dumbledez = awesome characters (even if Hudson Bay did fire one of mine back in the day! :p ) Seriously though, I had a lot of fun rping with you in the past and I am sad to see that you are leaving the site.

It was great to get to know another awesome Canadian, and I hope that you keep in touch with all of us! Enjoy spending more time with your family and I wish you only the best in the upcoming year and future.

Courtney

Awhhhh Paul! :cry:

It's going to be so different without you here! Even though we never really did much rping together. (I will miss Manteia though =wub= ) I do hope that you occasionally pop back sometime to visit us. I do hope you Enjoy spending time with your family though!

- Jessye

Paul,

It is a darn shame that you have to leave the site, but we all understand, family and real life comes first. I can't say we ever got a chance to roleplay but I have lurked your threads like crazy and I can say that HNZ will be completely different without you.

In hopes you can pop in from time to time,
Alexis

So I lurked on here to let everyone know that my first day of school wasn't a complete horror as I had been expecting and I find this. I'll have to be one to admit that it absolutely broke my heart, but I completely understand and respect the heck out of you for this. Bruin was one of the first people that Kat ever met and over her five years at the school he's moved from acquaintance, to friend, to best friend and now finally to the best damned big brother bear that a girl could possibly ask for. I know that I for one am going to miss his hilarious antics in the RPs and his passion that he has for his friends and housemates. OOC I'm going to miss you occasional smart ass remarks about whatever any of us can throw at you. You definitely are one of a kind and will be sorely missed around here, but as we always say RL comes first. From what I can tell you are a terrific husband and a kick ass dad and your family is extremely lucky to have you. Gonna miss you tons Papa Bear and will definitely never forget you!

Lots of hugs and =wub=
Katalina Harker / Katie

It is sad to see the Head Boy go. :cry: Your lessons were awesome to read and grade. :happy: And I will always cherish that image of Bruin in a yellow dress. As for Manteia, my characters will miss him too. Except for Kaleb, because Kaleb was petrified of him. :rofl: Anyways, please don't be a stranger and pop in for a hello or something! We need some humor in GD. :wink: Though I am sad I didn't have much of a chance to RP with you as Jaken and Bruin. =lol=

*hugs and tackles*
-Kaitlyn

:cry: I don't know where to begin... Andy will be utterly devastated of course but when isn't she? Will try and do their 'ending' justice to Bruin's character and to the two of them. Will miss Manteia as well, found the Arithmancy classes brilliant - truly. Groundskeeper Willie - a complete and utter legend and another great figure in Andy's life. Wow... just realising how many of your characters were in her life.

Anyhow, we're all going to miss you terribly but completely understand that your family and teaching comes before anything else. You gave two great years to this site and it's been greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the amazing rp's, I'm glad to have gotten to do so many with you and thank you for giving Andromeda the honor of being Bruins first and only girlfriend.
You take care and know we are all still here, so do pop in occasionally to say hello to us all.

:hug: and :hug:
Linda / Andy

Paul,

I knew this was coming, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier to see :cry: . You were the first person I ever rped with here on HNZ and Cyndi and Bruin's friendship blossomed from that first meeting. I remember back when there were a ton of people in our year and the numbers dwindled until there was just three originals left in our year. I'm sad that they won't be able to graduate together, but I respect the decision you've made. Like everyone else, I hope that you can pop in every once in a while and speak to us OOC.

I'll definitely miss Manteia as well =wub= . He was one of my favorite professors here at the school!

I hope that you continue to enjoy your time with your children and your lovely wife. If you are anything like your character, then you are an awesome guy and I wish you the best of luck with everything that you do.

Big hugs :hug: ,

Cyndi

Paul,

I don't know where to begin. I absoloutely loved reading all your Rps from very beginning tracing them in your topics. Loved Bruin's humor and his good boy attititude. Prof manteia was simply amaizing the way he was potraited. I don't think anyone will ever be able to replace him. He(you) simply gave Arthimacy the magical touch it needed. Will miss you so much. Hope you and your family have a nice time together

Kasey Carla

*screams*
You're Manteia?!
I have to say, he is probably my favourite character on this site- AND NOW YOU'RE TAKING HIM AWAY FROM ME!
:cry:

Ok, here goes my formal message..

Paul,

Oh goodness, I'm crying now.
I know I've only known you for, what? six months now?
You have been a fantastic Head Boy (who thankfully never 'caught' Larissa), a brilliant Quidditch player, a brilliant (and very attractive) Head of House who, no doubt, Larissa would have like to have known better =shifty=
Larissa Sedgwick: *slaps* SHUT UP!
Ow.
And most of all, you have been THE most awesome member on the site.
And yes, I am including ALL the awesome members in that.
Right, I'm actually in tears now. I really should buy more tissues.. =-/
Don't let Bruin worry about Andy- She has many stalkers who wont let her get into trouble. ;)
And yes, please DO visit us sometimes. We all :wub: you and we'll all miss you.
Hope I haven't been too annoying IC and OOC.

-Beth x
:hug: :hug: :glomp2:

I so did not know you were Prof. Manteia! I've had a lot of fun reading you're RP's over the past 2 years. I'm going to miss you Paul! :(

Paul,

Welllllll, I don't know what to say.... I didn't exactly reply to your PM, either (as you well know). I'm just pretty speechless. This has sort of been a reality I've known I'd have to face for a long time, I just kept trying to buy more time for you to stay around however I could. I guess your time with us on HNZ has come to its end, and now it's time to bid you adieu. :(

It's definitely tough for me to imagine - HNZ without you being around. You're sort of what I have left from when I first joined on here. :( When I think of Bruin I think of Stormie Lew, and Kale, and Heath Lambert, and Anastasia... Ford, Kaela/Sophia, Lily, Cyndi and Bella are all still around - but for some reason it's you that reminds me of all the other awesome members we've had in the past. I think with you leaving an era of HNZ, and of great memories lingering on for me, also all leaves with you. :( Obviously we'll continue on with the site, keep having great times, finding great new members, what have you... but I don't know... I guess it'll just never be the same. Always different, changing. Better times ahead, worse times ahead, I don't know... but those times are gone - and I guess your leaving forces me into that realization.

I remember what was pretty much my first RP ever. There were others before this on HNZ (only hours before), but this one stands out for me. N00b you, and n00bier me, RPing with a lot of people whose names alone bring a smile back to my face (it's too bad many of their accounts were deleted :( ). "Wandering" (link) that night was epic. I managed to piss off Sophia (IC and OOC) because I was so epic n00b and Kingy wasn't a character at all. That RP brings back a lot of memories for me... and I hope for you, too. :)

Then there was the detention where Bruin put that... stink thing... by King's office... and all the times King went to Borely (often with Bruin). I RPed with you a lot in the beginning. :) It was amazing. You definitely challenged me to become a lot better than I was - and still challenge me to be a lot better than I am. We sort of stopped RPing together as time went on and I developed King to be less of a student, more of a professor, but even then I remember some great RPs with you. (Like when Professor Morgan supplied for charms, and you started a colour-changing war in the class RP) Then, of course, there was King's kiss at Bruin's kissing booth. ;) Just some of the best memories I have with you of RPs on here, I guess.:)

You're awesome. That goes without saying. Kim is awesome - that, too, goes without saying. (Alice was an epic character and I'm sad that she never came back :( ). Your family, therefore, is made solely of awesome. :) I wish you all the best with your family, and real life, as you leave HNZ and focus on what really is important in your life. :) You contributed to HNZ more than you'll likely ever realize or I'll likely ever know. I can't even fathom all the things you've helped out with during your time here. It has been a marvellous and memory-filled two years with you. There will never be another Bruin. Or another Manteia. Or another Paul. Try as we might we'll never find somebody quite as quirky as you. :) You were, and are, so very appreciated and respected on here - and you are entirely irreplaceable.

Typing this a few tears have come to my eyes, which is kind of silly, I think.... but I'm a teddy bear, I guess. :) I'll keep you in mind from time, I'll remember you in my prayers, and I definitely hope to see you pop up on here from time to time - if only to say hello. I don't want to be good bye, but just "til' we meet again".
I'll miss you, Bruin. :) We'll miss you... Paul. :)

Quite the Mister Popular we are! :cool: I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet. :p

Zoe has definitely looked up to Bruin as a big brother. The Opaleye Assault, Gladrags, and so many other moments I can't even remember. -_-

Enjoy the rest of your life with your family, friends and students. :happy:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Noooooooooo!
This is probably affecting much more than it really should. :errm:

I remember joining waaaaay back when you, Sophia, Ford, Bellatrix, etc. were still like first and second years (aww!), Scorpius was the second character I registered with back then, in fact.

Anyway, ever since I left the site back then because of RL, and I would remember good ol' HNZ with its blue invisionfree skin, you always stuck out the most to me with your little bear avatar that you had for such a long time, aww! And when I rejoined a year ago, I was surprised but happy to see that you were still here! It was one of the few things that reassured me that I was at the right site, because by the time I re-joined SO much had changed since then.

It saddens me to say that I never really RPed with you, aside from that time that you made poor little Scorpius and Beau stop killing each other in the first floor last year, aww! :lol: But reading your threads sufficed for me and I'm glad I had the privilege of RPing with you, even if it wasn't pleasant for our characters and very brief. I'm also glad I had the chance to read through your old threads which were all amazing entertainment and I'm glad I got to experience your humor in GD every once in a while. :)

Professor Manteia was pretty much the only Professor I had no idea who their RPer was until someone told me like a month ago and I couldn't help but think 'OHHH, duh!' And although part of me liked the fact that Manteia's RPer was a mystery to me, after finding out it was you only made me love him even more! Isabella is REALLY going to miss her head of house :cry: and just thinking of having to RP him gone is making me tear up!!! She really looked up to him!! How can anyone EVER replace him?! No other Slytherin Head of House will ever compare. :(

You were a HUGE part of this site Paul, being Head Boy and most awesomest Head of House EVAR and being the master of the Quidditch rules and stuff! Although I have no idea who else helped in the creation of Quidditch rules (and good job to them too if there were others), I like to think that you were the genius behind it and I'm glad that you got to see a Quidditch game played from beginning to end with the wonderful rules before your departure from HNZ.

I'll miss you terrrrrrrribly, and Isabella's reaction will be proof of that, but we all understand that family and RL comes first so I wish you nothing but the best and happiness with your family. I will keep you all in my prayers, and I hope that you are able to pop into GD sometime to say hi. :)

With love,
Abby

Paul: What a shock this is. Leader of the pride... gone, Well Camilla and I always thought Manteia was one of yours and we were right! It will be weird not seeing Bruin in the Pride's training, but RL comes first. I feel privileged to have rp'ed with you on quite a few occasions. Again I think that you put a lot into this site what with Quidditch both IC and OOC with Professor Manteia and refereeing and whatnot and I want to thank you for adding that into HNZ. Without you it probably would of been harder if not impossible. It seems you kept a cool head with it. (Kudos to you) :lawlz:

I think life without Bruin will be hard. Im sure that the next Gryffindor Quidditch Captain will do a good job although your reactions in the practices were pretty priceless :) And now it seems that Mike is on his own in the Quidditch team unless any male students try out.

I always wondered what would happen to Bruin after he graduates. Go on to the Ministry? Return as a Professor? International Quidditch Player? But I guess that we are never to know, only to guess at what he might have been.

To finish, it seems that your characteristics both IC and OOC affected a lot of us. It seems that most people if not everyone on the board will miss you and your antics both as Bruin and Manteia and I guess they are memories to keep and to laugh upon when we remember them =))

I hope as many people have said before me that you can pop in when you have the time to chat. With that being said I think its time to end the typing :sad:

Thank you Paul for the memories and hope that life treats you and your family well.

~Mike :pop:

Bruin....Prof Manteia :cry:
I seriously did cry after reading this :(
I never knew that you were the one who controlled Prof Manteia. Your RP's were just awesome
What Slytherin house is today is all because of you.
Your start of term speech and everything you did for the house.
Making me the captain is the best part for me. You showed faith and trust in me and Andrew will try his best to uphold it

NO ONE will ever be such an amazing HOH and Prof ever.
I mean Arthimos the name itself is for Arthimacy. Andrew will drown in tears when he knows you left. Arthimacy being something he and I valued so much and your RP style added magic to it.

I even tracked your RPs back to first year and read them for humor. Seriously hats off to you. Prof Manteia and Qudditch the way you were fair to everyone although you had a Gryffin inside of you is simply amaizing and the way you helped everyone in figuring out stuff and helped around the site

I will miss from the bottom of my heart the best HOH of Slytherin that ever existed. Hopefully someday I will convince Nick to change Slytherin into 'Manteia' and a house can be named after you!! :p

Best of luck with your family and RL. You can always pop in and see how your house won inspite the championship after seven years. I remember, seven being the magical number and the seventh year of the school to be that of Slytherin. Well that is how we made it. All for you =wub=

AB

Paul,

Well, I've spent days wondering how I should approach responding to this thread. The longer I wait, the more difficult it's going to be, so here I go. As you can tell with all the previous posts, you're going to be missed something serious. HNZ's been lucky to have you over the last two years. I've essentially grown up with HNZ, and when I think about all that's happened on the site over those two years of my life, Bruin is one of the few characters that sticks out.

You're one of the first people that I ever rped with. A good number of people from the 'old days' are still around, but as time would have it, those numbers are slowly shrinking in size. Now that it's your time to go, it's hard for many of us not to cry and beg to keep you around, even for a tiny bit longer. However, as we always say, RL comes first. You've made the decision to focus on what's most important in your life, your family, and for that I say hats off to you. Just like we've been lucky to have you, your family is lucky to have you as well.

I'm never going to be able to forget the crazy -and not so crazy- rps I've been in with you over the years. Starting up the Opaleye Assault(which is made of total WIN,) hotwiring a van, making bets for top points earner, teaching Durmstrang boys a lesson, teaching school pranksters a lesson... these are just a few things Bruin has been involved in over the years that I'm never going to forget. You always managed to make me laugh, and still do when I go back and reminisce. Even when Bruin 'Notsosirius' Dumbledez sets his mind to being serious, I still love to read your posts. I'm going to miss Manteia and Groundskeeper Willie, too. Manteia has been my favorite professor, without contest; even though he was a bit intimidating at first.

Before I go into writing a novel, I better cut this short. Know that I'm going to miss your wit, your patience, and overall just having you around. As far back as I can remember, you've never had a bad thing to say about anybody. You're a great person, a good friend, and I'm sad that you have to go. I have to thank you for making the experience on HNZ all that much more enjoyable. If you can manage, do pop in every once in a while, if just to say hi. Keep on keeping on.

Good luck and best wishes for yourself and your family,
Amanda

Wow!!!

Thank you all for your kind words and affirming that the time that I spent on the site was worth something to someone other than myself. I am sorry to hear that my decision has left many of you feeling a little melancholy, but I will do my best to pop in on occasion to say hello and ensure that you are all behaving yourselves.

Rest assured that you have all returned whatever enjoyment that I may have given you over the past two years in full. I have enjoyed RP'ing with you, reading and lurking many of your threads, doing your lessons (or marking them), and spamming/GDing as well. It is nice to know that on any given day that I had the opportunity to send a few of you to the floor laughing (or had that done to me).

My timing was always good and growing into the role of Big Brother/Head Boy suited Bruin perfectly. Gave me an opportunity to do things I never got to do as a little brother in real life. Anyways, thank you all again for the wondrful replies.

Talk to you all sooner or later.

Paul

So I have been avoiding this for a while. I was on the mind set that if I just didn't think about it then it wasn't happening. But now I realize I have to say something about it. So here I go....

Paul,
Bruin has been a big brother and crush to Kiera ever since she was a first year. You were one of the first people I rped with when I had no idea what I was doing. Thank god I finally learned. You have made a wonderful character and person on this sit. You will be sincerely missed. I hope to still catch your occasional posts in GD. I don't know how best to tell you how much I think you have meant to this site. But I can tell you that I will miss you!!
Kiera/ Kait

This is sooooo sad.

I mean Zazuka didn't get much interaction with Bruin but Hoshi sure did with Professor M. She will still follow his orders not to get caught. It's not worth it if she's not going to see Professor M's looming face before her as she knows doom is coming down on her head.

I was also looking forward to one last confrentation between Bruin "Yellow Dress" Dumbledez and Hoshi "Maquerade" Koshiba but I guess that isn't going to happen. Hope you and your family have a good life and come back to us OOC when you can. Will miss you loads.

Ana AKA Zazuka, Hoshi, Willow, Ai and Judy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back