Thomas Homestead

"Mindy sweetie, sit down." Nancy ordered her youngest daughter. Picking up her cup of tea she walked into the room of which Mindy came running out of, a man who didn't look familiar was standing before her, "Oh, I'm sorry sir. I think you've got the wrong fireplace." she said with a smile.

Estrella winced as she heard a great crash in the other room, and when she heard the swearing, she raised her eyebrow in disbelief; Carlisle wasn't supposed to be here until late tomorrow.

She rose from her seat, wondering why in the world he was here. She wanted to bust out laughing at Mindy's hysterics, but on the other hand, it rather unsettled her.

She strolled into the living room, seeing Carlisle there, and still, her mouth hung agape. "Carlisle?" she asked obviously. Her uncle did not look like he was in the best of shape. He looked, in fact, like he was in dire need of a puke bucket.

"Are you the Thomas'?" Carlisle asked gruffly, but what he had said was confirmed as Estrella walked into the room. "Hey," he said, nodding in her direction, "I know I wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow, but something has come up. I need to get to Duluth by tomorrow morning, and I can't get you guys back home otherwise."

Estrella felt a sudden pang of sadness; she wouldn't even be able to spend the night. She had really looked forward to hanging out with Kale's family for another day, and added to the oppressive weight on her shoulders that she wouldn't be able to return here anytime soon.

"Why do you have to get up to Duluth?" she asked, wondering what was going on.

Kale stared at Carlisle, surprised that he was standing in his living room so early, "Ma, this is Mr. Bennett." he introduced with a crooked smile. Kale picked Mindy up from the chair, who was still shooken up from his enterance. Kale could hear Roger and Lee laughing in the kitchen from Merlin knows what and Morgan telling them to 'shut up'.. Carlisle didn't looked like he did the day that he formerly met him at the ice cream shop, The wolfsbane must be getting to him..

"Something has come up," Carlisle replied to Estrella firmly, nodding towards the middle aged woman in the house. "I apologize for my sudden disturbance that I have caused you, but I must be going."

"Tis not a problem Mr. Bennett," she said with a weak smile, even though she wasn't exactly happy that they were leaving so early. "You two should go and get you things.." Nancy said while looking at Estrella and Kale.

Estrella smiled weakly at Carlisle, masking her true feelings. Part of her was worried; what the hell was going on with him? And the other part was angry that he had come so early. She didn't even know if she was going to be able to return here! With a nod at Mrs. Thomas, she ran up the stairs two steps at a time, making her way into Morgan's room, her expression not all that pleasant as she started throwing things into her bag.

Carlisle could see Estrella's disappointment, but he couldn't help it. The full moon was coming on, and he needed to be out of the sight of his family, and civilization itself, soon. He put his hands in his pockets, waiting for her and her friend to hurry up.

Morgan followed Esrtella upstairs when her mother told her and Kale to get their things together, she was quite sad that she couldn't get to know her more. "That really sucks that you guys have got to go so early..do you think everything is okay?" she said standing in the doorway, "Do you need any help packing up?" Morgan asked walking toward her.

Kale dashed up the stairs to get his bag that he never had the chance to unpack, letting out a deep breath he picked it up and walked toward Morgan's room to meet Estrella at the door. He stood there quietly biting his lip, mixed emotions with sadness that they were leaving so soon and confusion on what was going on with Carlisle.

"No, I think I've got all of it; I didn't pack much," Estrella replied quietly, smiling weakly at Morgan. Innately, she was still angry at Carlisle. She moved towards the doorway, and she said, "It was really awesome to meet you, Morgan; we should write sometime."

Morgan could tell that Estrella didn't look the least bit happy, smiling weakly at her she walked toward her and gave her a quick hug. "You look really sad.." she said, "Yeah, we'll definitaly have to write. And be sure to keep Kale in line." Morgan said in a serious tone but smiled widely.

Estrella grinned back at Morgan. "No, I'm fine," she replied, hugging her back tightly, even though she was far from it. "I'll keep in touch. And Kale doesn't get into too much trouble," she added, sticking her tongue out at Kale playfully.

Kale rolled his eyes at his sisters comment and shook his head at Estrella, "I've actually been good this year...so far.." he laughed. "So..you ready?" Kale held stapped his pack over his shoulder and looked at Estrella, "Do you need help with holding anything?" he inquired before walking down the stairs.

"Actually, I'm fine," Estrella replied, grinning weakly back and followed Kale down the stairs, waving goodbye to Morgan. They entered the living room once more, fully equipped.

Nancy was beginning to get more and more anxious as time dragged by while they were upstairs, walking toward the stairs her skirt billowed behind her before she walked onto the first step to see Kale and the others standing in the hall. "C'mon you guys shouldn't be keeping Mr. Bennett waiting on you.." Nancy called out in her normal motherly voice, she smiled at Carlisle while walking back toward the fireplace.

Kale smiled at Estrella who seemed to have all of her things together, making his way down the stairs he picked Mindy up and gave her a hug...also stopping by the kitchen to wave his brothers goodbye. "You three take care." he said with a weak smile.

Walking back into the living room he stood and waited for what else was to come.

Estrella took her time to say goodbye to Kale's siblings, promising Mindy that she would write her too. A rather sad expression filled her eyes, but she was quick to get rid of it as she looked at Carlisle. Would she ever return here? She hoped so, but with the way her family was, she wasn't sure of anything anymore.

She waited for Carlisle, and what was to happen next.

"Let's go then," Carlisle said, "Thank you again, Ms. Thomas, for having Estrella for this brief period of time."

Grabbing some floo powder, he intoned, "The United States of America, Minnesota, The Big Woods, the Bennett Household!" the fire turning green, he stepped inside it and disappeared.

After Carlisle was gone, Estrella stepped over to Nancy, giving her a tight hug, one that was a little longer than usual; more as if she were hugging her own mother. "Thanks for everything, Nancy," she said, and smiling weakly, she said, and smiling weakly she repeated the same location as Carlisle had, and disappeared into the fire.

Kale walked toward his mother after Estrella had and gave her a long tight hug, "I'll write you Ma." he said with a smile and walked toward the fireplace with a handful of floo powder at hand. At that, he repeated the location that both Carlisle and Esrtella had, and he was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back