Thomas Homestead

Estrella laughed. "I wonder what you're mom's going to think. Haha," she grabbed Kale's hand, shivering as her teeth chattered. Darkness was descending upon them quickly. "I suppose we better grab Mindy out of the closet," she laughed, "She probably is sleeping."

"Mom will most likely blow up when she sees us. Well...me, anyway. She won't get mad and yell at you." Kale laughed and squeezed her hand. "I bet Mindy won't even be mad at us...she'll somehow make it Tarren's fault." he snickered and rolled his eyes.

Estrella giggled. "Poor Tarren; he gets blamed for everything, doesn't he?" She held Kale's hand as they walked back to the house, her arms swinging slightly.

"The quiet ones always get blamed! He's always locked away in his room reading or drawing." Kale exclaimed. As they walked through the tree covered greeness, the pitter patter of small woodland creatures could be heard. He swung his hand that was holding Estrella's slightly with hers, his teeth still chattering. The house could now be seen from the top of the hill, "Ohh...I think I smell dinner." Kale laughed, continuing on walking at a decent pace.

Estrella's stomach growled. "Yum," she muttered, and they entered the house swiftly, anticipating a yell from his mother. She grinned sheepishly back at Kale as they entered the kitchen.

((That wasn't too bad of a godmod, was it? :cool: ))

(No, not at all. :p )

Kale walked into the kitchen and stood there beside Estrella, Mindy was nowhere to be found. He grinned sheepishly at Estrella, awaiting his mother to see them dripping wet...on the polished floors. "Smells great, mum. What did you make?" he said jovially and smiled, hoping she wouldn't notice them and their soggy ensembles.

"Yes, it smells great, Mrs. Thomas," Estrella chimed in, grinning at Kale and shrugging her shoulders.

"Hello kids.." Nancy said, absorbed in fixing dinner. "I'm making--" she looked at the two from head to toe, "What in the world happened to you two?" Nancy inquired. "Kale! You two are going to get sick!" she snapped motherly. "You guys go upstairs and get cleaned up. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes." she shook her wooden spoon at them and huffed, "I just cleaned those floors!"

Estrella nodded, doing as Mrs. Thomas said and walking up the stairs. She grinned mischieviously at Kale, smirking. "She didn't seem too mad," she whispered, and giggled.

Kale obeyed his mother by walking up the stairs, and doing as she said. "At least the wooden spoon didn't leave her hand.." he muttered jokingly. "She can get much worse." Upon reaching the last step, he looked at Estrella skeptically, "...And where the hell is Mindy?" Kale laughed and walked into his room.

Estrella shrugged her shoulders, walking into the room provided for her and made a change of clothes. Hanging the wet clothes over the edge of the bed, she walked out in an old muggle t shirt saying 'Dragonforce' and jeans.

She ran her fingers through her hair, attempting to dry it out. She had gotten it cut shorter recently, and was still getting used to the feel of its short length. She walked down the stairs, opening the broom closet, expecting to see Mindy in there.

Mindy was quietly sitting in the broom closet, her legs in a criss crossed fashion and her back up against the wall. As Estrella opened up the broom closet, she squealed loudly, "You found me!!" Mindy jumped up and out of the small closet, stretching her little legs "You guys are really bad at hide and seek, can we play again?!"

Estrella picked Mindy up with little effort, she was so small. "Uhm, no, I think we're going to eat dinner." She grinned at Mindy; she was definitely a dedicated child. "You're really good at hiding. It took forever to find you!" She winked, carrying Mindy into the kitchen.

Mindy smiled her cheeky, toothless smile when Estrells picked her up and gave her a big hug. "Next time...can I go and find you two?!" she asked with her voice full of excitement.

"Sure!" Estrella said, grinning. "I think we should go flying on our broomsticks one of these days. If your mom says it okay, I'll take you flying on my broomstick!" She said, grinning, watching Mindy's excited expression. "My broom's purple!"

Kale closed his door and changed out of his soggy clothes, putting on a fresh shirt and warm checkered pyjama pants, drying his hair with a towel it sticked up in all directions looking wild & crazy. While walking down the stairs he was happy to see that Mindy was in one piece and in a bad mood; she looked rather happy, still unaware of them ditching her. "Oh! It looks like Estrella found Mindy!" he said in a playful voice and grinning at Estrella with a wink.

Estrella winked back, giggling slightly. She grinned, seeing Kale's hair. "The wild look; I like it," she commented, flashing her teeth.

"Ah, yes...this look...it takes hours to create!" Kale said jockingly, grinning back at Estrella. Walking toward Mindy he gave his little sister a kiss on the top of the head and walked to his mother, "Mashed potatos and stew. Looks good mother." he commented while taking a seat at the dining room table and helping himself to a glass of milk.

Estrella helped herself to a glass of water, never liking milk that much. Her stomach growling, she nearly salivated as she sat down at the table next to Kale, hoping that they could dig in soon. "It smells awesome, Mrs. Thomas," she commented, grinning wildly.

Nancy smiled, "Thank you dear" she replied to Estrella, unsure of what the muggle slang 'awesome' meant. Taking down a few plates and bowls from the cabinets, Nancy placed one in front of Kale, Estrella, and Mindy. "Will you go get your brother, Mindy?" Nancy asked sweetly and placed two more plates and bowls down on the table. Mindy did as instructed and soon Tarren was sitting in his seat with his nose buried in his book.

Nancy served each child mashed potatoes and a bowl of stew. She sat back down and scootched her seat in, taking a sip of her newly brewed cup of tea.

"This is wicked!" Estrella said, grinning after a mouthful of mashed potatoes. They were her favorite food, and these were definitely the best that she had ever had.

After swallowing down her serving of mashed potatoes, she started, "I was wondering, if one of these days, we could go flying around. I want to try out my new broomstick. And, would it be okay if we took Mindy and Tarren flying with us?"

Nancy looked at Estrella and considered her question. She had rarely flown with Mindy on a broom, the expression on her face was soft, "I think there wouldn't be a problem with taking Tarren out, he could experiment with one of the brooms in the shed." Nancy could see Mindy's face brighten at the thought of flying, "Mindy, though...she's still young and new to the broom, but if you don't bring her too high and keep an extremely close watch on her. I think it would be okay." Nancy trusted Estrella, for she seemed like a responsible young woman who had a good head on her shoulder. She sipped her tea, and smiled at the four digging into their meal.

Estrella grinned broadly. "Awesome!" she proclaimed again, smiling at Kale and his siblings. This was going to be an amazing summer. She dug into her meal with enthusiasm, loving all of it.

Mindy got up, stood on her chair and squealed, "Yipee!!" she jumped off her chair and walked over to Estrella, "Estrella! Did you hear that?! Mummy said yes!" Mindy's eyes were wide and she could barely contain her join, "Does that mean I get to ride with you on the purple broom?!" she grinned, jumping up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back